HARTRON SETC 2022 – Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (HARTRON) conducts SETC. The State Eligibility Test in Computer Appreciation & Applications will be conducted in two parts. SETC is a post-requisite qualification for Clerks, Steno-typists, Junior scale Stenographers, and Senior Scale Stenographers for the grant of the first annual increment for the newly appointed employees and for their promotion. The exam date for this year is yet to be announced by the authorities. Qualified candidates will receive a certificate from HARTRON. This computer application entrance exam has been authorized by the state government for Government employees on behalf of State Government. Check more details about HARTRON SETC 2022 from this page such as application process, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
HARTRON SETC 2022
Overview of HARTRON SETC 2022
The candidates can check the highlights of HARTRON SETC 2022 from the table given below.
|Exam name||HARTRON SETC 2022|
|Exam conducting body||Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited|
|Parts of test||2|
|Name of the parts||Computer Knowledge Test|
|Type of questions in 1st part||Objective type|
|Minimum percentage to qualify Part I||50%|
|Duration of typing test||5 minutes|
|Official Website||hartron.org.in, hartronservices.com|
HARTRON SETC 2022 Important Dates
Check the important dates for HARTRON SETC 2022 from the table given below.
|Application Window Opens||To Be announced|
|Application Window Closes||To Be announced|
|Admit Cards Released||To Be announced|
|Exam Date||To Be announced|
|Results Declared||To Be announced|
HARTRON SETC 2022 Syllabus
Check the syllabus for HARTRON SETC 2022 as given below.
Introduction To Computer
- What is Computer: Advantage/Disadvantage of Computer, History of Computer, Generation of Computer, Basic applications of computer, Entertainment and e-governance.
- Components of Computer System: Central Processing Unit (CPU), VDU, Keyboard and Mouse, Other input/output Devices, Computer Organization and Computer Memory – Primary & Secondary, Ram & Rom, units of memory.
- Introduction to Computer Peripherals: Connecting keyboard, mouse, monitor and printer to CPU, Use of Mouse, Working with left Mouse Button, Working with right Mouse Button and Checking Power Supply.
- Concepts of Hardware and Software: Hardware and Software (Application software and Systems software)
- Classifications of Computers: Representation of data/Information concepts of data Processing, Data and Information and Storage of Data/Information as files
Introduction to Windows
- Operating System: What is operating system and types of operating system
- Operating System and Basics of Windows: User Interface, Using Mouse and Moving Icons on the screen, My Computer, Starting an application using start button, minimize, maximize, restore and closing of window, Taskbar, Status Bar and Recycle Bin.
- Start Button and Menu Selections etc: Running an Application, Windows Explorer, Creating, Deleting and Renaming of files and folders and Opening and closing of different Windows etc.
- Windows Setting: Control Panels, Wall Papers and Screen Savers, Setting the date and Sound etc., Using Help and Display Properties
- Advanced Windows: Using Right Mouse Button, Creating short cuts, Basics of window set up, Introduction to Windows, Notepad and Window Accessories.
- Using Multimedia: Playing CD’s/DVD’s, Using Media Player and Sound Recorder
- Word Processing Basics: Opening Word Processing Package, Menu Bar, Toolbar, Using Help, Using Icons below Menu Bar
- Opening Documents and Closing Documents: Opening Documents, Save and Save as, Page Setup, Print Preview and Printing of Documents & Other Properties
- Display/Hiding of Paragraph Marks: Moving Around in a Document, Scrolling the Document, Scrolling by line/paragraph, Fast Scrolling and Moving Pages and Using a Document/Help Wizard.
- Text Creation and Editing: Creating a document, Selecting & moving text, Spell checking, Text Selection, Editing with cut, copy & paste, Undo & Redo, Find and Replace, Thesaurus, Paragraph and Tab Setting
- Formatting the Text: Font and Size selection, Bold, Italic and Underline, Alignment of Text: Center, Left, Right and Justify etc, Bullet and Numbering, Border and Shading, Change Case, Working with tabs, Indents & Spacing and Formatting paragraphs, using columns
- Table Manipulation: Concept of table: Rows, Columns and Cells, Draw Table, Changing cell Width and Height, Alignment of Text in Cell, Copying of cell, Delete/insertion of row and columns, Borders for Table, Deleting a table, Splitting and merging cells, Converting table to text and Setting table properties
- Mail Merge
- Printing: Print Preview, Print a selected page, etc., Paper Orientation, Paper setting/Margin
- Elements of Electronics Spreadsheet: Application/usage of Electronic Spread Sheet, Opening of Spread Sheet, Menu bar, Saving Workbook, Creation of cells and addressing of cells, Inserting new rows & Columns, Worksheets, Editing rows/columns height & width, Renaming, Deleting and Moving a Worksheet
- Manipulation of Cells: Cell Addressing, Enter texts, Numbers and Dates, Cell Height and Width and Copying of cells etc.
- Formulas: Using Formulas, Using basic functions & formulas a cell, Sum function, Average, Percentage, Other functions
- Functions: Data Sorting, Using Subtotals, Applying filters
- Chart: Inserting chart and formatting chart
- Spreadsheets from small accounting: Maintaining invoices/budgets, Totaling of various transactions, Maintaining daily & monthly sales report
- Introduction to PowerPoint, What is PowerPoint, starting PowerPoint, creating and opening a presentation
- PowerPoint views, moving between slides, saving/ closing a presentation, exiting PowerPoint
- Creating a new presentation using the auto content wizard and slide layout. Creating a new presentation using different layouts
- Customizing Presentation:- changing the text formats, adding bullets, aligning text.
- Formatting Slides:- Using Color Schemes, background Color and Designs, Adding Pictures/ Graphics on Slide
- Adding Header and Footer, changing slide layouts
- Adding charts of different types to slide, organization chart, Slide show
- Using slide transition:- giving timing, sound and adding animations to slides and using preset animations
- Using Drawing Toolbar
- Slide Master View
- Using Custom Animation:- Animating pictures and Text with Sound effects
- Using Page Setup and printing
- Basic of Computer Network: Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Internet: Concept of Internet, Application of Internet, Advantages of Internet and Connecting Internet
- Internet Service Providers: Internet Access, Broad Band, Dial-Up, Wi-Fi and Troubleshooting
WWW and Web Browsers
- World Wide Web (WWW)
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer and Netscape Communicator
- Search Engine and Surfing the Internet: URL address, Searching over the Web, Moving Around in a web-site, Printing and saving web pages, Uploading and Downloading and Chatting
Introduction to E-Mail
- Basic of Electronic Mail
- Creating new e-mail account
- What is an Electronic mail: Email addressing and Mailbox: Inbox and outbox
- Sending & checking mails: Creating an E-mail, Viewing an E-mail, Sending an Email, Replying to an E-mail message, Forwarding an e-mail message, Sorting and searching emails, Saving mails and Sending same mail to various users etc
- Document Handling: Sending soft copy as attachment and Sending a portion of document as email
- Visiting Various sites
HARTRON SETC 2022 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for the HARTRON SETC 2022 Exam is as follows:
|Part I||Paper Type||Objective|
|Number of Questions||50|
|Part II||Typing Speed||English: 30 words per minute|
Hindi: 25 words per minute
Part II Details
The typing speed required is 30 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in Hindi, both of which are converted with the same keystrokes. This is because typing speed is tested on your computer. 5-minute typing speed test in English and / or Hindi will be held.
Applicants are required to participate in the speed test in English, Hindi, or both languages. The applicant must indicate his / her language options on the online application form for a quick typing test. Hindi writing tests are performed with the KRUTI DEV010 font.
HARTRON SETC 2022 Exam Qualifying Marks
The qualifying percentage of Part I of the exam is 50%. Further, the minimum typing speed for Part II is minimum 30 words per minute in English Language and 25 words per minute in Hindi Language.
HARTRON SETC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the HARTRON SETC 2022, the candidate should be existing or newly recruited:
- Clerk-cum Computer Operator
- Office Associate
- Clerk-cum-Data Entry Operator
- Steno-typist, Data Entry Operator and
- Clerk-cum-Typist of Government Departments/ Boards/ Corporations/ Agencies etc. of State of Haryana for appearing in SETC test.
HARTRON SETC 2022 Application Form
HARTRON uploads the application form online on its official website, hartron.org.in. To complete the application, the applicant must provide the details and pay the application fee. When the application is submitted, a registration number will be generated. Candidates are encouraged to retain their registration for future logins.
The Application Fees for the exam is given in the below table.
|For both parts||Rs 590|
|For Part II||Rs 354|
Mode of payment: The payment can be made in the online mode via debit card/credit card/net banking.
HARTRON SETC 2022 Admit Card
Admit cards for HARTRON SETC 2022 will be published on the official website hartron.org.in. Candidates will need a registration number and password to download. Candidates must have a paper copy of the admit card and the original ID card, or proof of employment at their laboratory.
The admit card contains information about the test taker, as well as test data such as the date of the test, the date of registration, and the address of the test center.
Details mentioned on the HARTRON 2022 Admit Card are:
- Exam roll number
- Reporting time
- Address of the test centre
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s or spouse’s name
HARTRON SETC 2022 Result
The results of the HARTRON SETC 2022 will be published within 10 days of the review date by Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited. Candidates who have taken both Exam I and Exam II can view the results in PDF format. If you pass the online and typing tests (on your computer), the results will be declared. After that, the qualified person for the exam will receive a SETC certificate.
Official Website: hartron.org.in
HARTRON SETC 2022 FAQs
Ans. The date for the release of the application form will be announced soon.
Ans. There are two parts of the exam, first one is an objective type paper of fifty questions and the second is a typing test.
Ans. The syllabus of the HARTRON SETC 2022 exam is Introduction to Computer, Introduction to Windows, Wordprocessing, Spread sheet, Power Point, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers & Introduction to Email.
Ans. Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited conducts SETC.
Ans. Only those candidates who have qualified the computer knowledge test can appear for the typing test.