GSEB is expected to hold GUJCET 2021 exam in April. Registration or the application form for Gujarat Common Entrance Test is likely to begin in January at the official website gseb.org. Till then, intending candidates can check out all the important details of GUJCET 2021 here on this page including eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, latest updates and more. GUJCET is a state-level entrance examination for admission to Undergraduate Engineering and Pharmacy courses in the state of Gujarat.
GUJCET 2021 is looked forward to be conducted by Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Board (GSEB) for admission to B.Tech, B.Pharm and D. Pharma programs. The Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) can be taken by candidates who have passed or are appearing in the current year’s class 12th exam from a recognized board. Based on the score/rank, candidates are called for counselling and offered seats in Degree Engineering and Degree/Diploma Pharmacy courses within the state. However, the admission is not conducted solely on the basis of GUJCET 2021 rank but also the marks obtained in Class 12. Reportedly, more than 1.3 lakh candidates appeared for the GUJCET exam in the previous years.
|Important Event||Date (Expected)|
|Availability of |
|3rd week of Jan 2021|
|Start of registration & applications||3rd week of Jan 2021|
|End of registrations & applications||2nd week of Feb 2021|
|Admit Card||1st/2nd week of Mar 2021|
|Exam date||Last week of March 2021 or |
1st week of Apr 2021
|Results||To be announced|
GUJCET 2021 Exam Date
The exact date of exam for GUJCET 2021 is expected to be announced by the GSEB with the release of the information brochure. Based on previous year exams, it is expected that the Board will release the notification early in January 2021. The complete schedule of events can be checked from the dates table above. As per the conduct of the exam last year, it is expected that other conditions remaining favourable, GUJCET 2021 will be conducted in March-April 2021.
Check out GUJCET exam date of last few years below.
|GUJCET version||Exam Date|
|2019||26 Apr 2019|
|2018||23 Apr 2018|
GUJCET 2021 Expected Exam Date: Last week of March 2021 or 1st week of April 2021
Institutes Accepting GUJCET 2021 Score for Admission
In order to get admission in one of the following colleges in Gujarat in a UG Engineering Degree or Pharmacy Diploma/Degree program, candidates have to qualify in the GUJCET exam. Candidates must take a note that the information provided here is as per the previous year GUJCET exam.
|Type of Institute||Seat availability as per last year|
|Autonomous Participating Institute||1|
|PPP Degree Engineering Institutes||2|
|Self-Financed Institutes Affiliated to GTU||87|
|SFI Degree Engineering Institutes Affiliated to Private Universities||28|
Process for Admission via GUJCET in Colleges of Gujarat
The Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board conducts the GUJCET exam once a year for admission to Degree Engineering and Diploma/Degree Pharmacy courses in the colleges in Gujarat. The admission process is conducted on the basis of the performance of candidates in the qualifying exam and the GUJCET exam.
Candidates are allowed to choose their subject combination during the online application process for admission to B.Tech, B.Pharm and D. Pharma courses respectively. Once the GUJCET examination is over, candidates can expect the results of the exam to release at the official website as specified above.
The OMR sheets filled up by the candidates are evaluated and the results are released indicating the score of the candidates. Separately, the concerned admission committee prepares the merit list for counselling based admission. The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) conducts the counselling of the successful candidates and allocates them a seat in respective institutions as per the Class 12th marks and GUJCET score.
Eligibility Criteria for GUJCET 2021
Candidates wishing to apply for the GUJCET 2021 exam for admission to various colleges in the state of Gujarat, must know that the GSEB specifies certain eligibility conditions. Check out the minimum eligibility criteria as per the previous year exam below.
- Candidates who have passed the Class 12th exam of GSEB, CBSE, ICSE or any other registered education board are eligible to apply for GUJCET 2021.
- Candidates who have filled up the form and are expecting to appear in the Class 12th exam are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2021.
- Candidates whose parents are Central/State government employees living outside of the state from where the candidates have passed or have applied to appear in the Class 12th exam are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2021.
- All candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- All applicants must have Indian citizenship.
GUJCET 2021 Application Form
Last year, the application process of GUJCET 2021 was conducted online at the official GSEB website gseb.org. In the same way, GUJCET 2021 application is expected to be released online. No other modes of application are accepted for this purpose. An application fee is also usually involved which must be paid by the candidates for applying to appear in the GUJCET 2021 exam. Read on to find out more in this section.
How to apply?
Submitting online applications for GUJCET 2021 is not a complex process. Candidates can refer to the simple steps provided below to apply online.
Step 1: On the homepage of the website gujcet.gseb.org, click on the link for “New User Registration”.
Step 2: Now the registration form opens and candidates must fill-up the form by providing the correct information only.
Step 3: Generate the Login ID and password by completing the registration process.
Step 4: Click on “Login” option on the home page and log in with the credentials generated.
Step 5: At this step, complete the payment of the application fee of Rs 300. It can be paid through SBI Epay System using a credit/debit card or internet banking.
Step 6: Fill up the application form correctly and upload necessary scanned document images.
Note: Other than filling the application form for GUJCET, the candidates also need to fill the application forms of the concerned admission committee or the institutions.
Syllabus of GUJCET 2021
Since the GUJCET 2021 exam is to determine the eligibility of intending candidates for admission to undergraduate engineering and pharmacy courses, therefore, the syllabus of the exam is of Class 11 & 12 level. To be more specific, as per the last iteration of the exam, the syllabus is based on the NCERT Textbooks for Science stream for Class 11 and 12.
Check out the indicative topics of GUJCET 2021 syllabus below.
Click here to get the complete GUJCET 2021 syllabus now.
Exam Pattern of GUJCET 2021
GUJCET 2021 paper consist of MCQ type questions only based on the specified subjects. Candidates seeking admission to Engineering programs have to take the test for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper. Those who wish to take admission to Pharmacy courses have to take the test for the Biology paper rather than the Mathematics paper. Questions for the paper of Physics and Chemistry are combined. Check out the details below.
- The examination is conducted offline on OMR sheets
- The paper is set in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages
- An all-objective MCQ type paper is provided
- The first paper is combined for Physics & Chemistry while the second paper is based on Mathematics or Biology as per the preference of the candidate.
- The paper must be solved completely before a maximum period of 03 hours end.
- A total of 120 questions are present in the paper.
- All correct answers fetch 01 marks
- All incorrect answers deduct 0.25 marks.
Check out the distribution of questions per section below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics-Chemistry||80 (40 from each subject)||80|
|Maths / Bio||40||40|
Mock Tests for GUJCET 2021
When it comes to preparing for competitive exams such as GUJCET 2021, candidates must adopt some smart study strategies to complement their practice. One of the age-old strategies is to solve mock tests, previous year papers and even sample papers of the exam. There are a multiple ways in which a candidate can be benefited by mock tests. Check out below.
- Mock tests can help candidates understand the question paper better.
- Candidates can identify the important, high scoring and low scoring sections of the paper easily.
- One can come across various common questions that are repeated over the year.
Suggested Books for GUJCET 2021
There are plenty of books available commercially both online and offline. However, one must choose the best one to supplement the study plan. Here we have prepared a list of most useful books for GUJCET 2021.
|Name of the book||Buy here|
|Physics Part- I & II Class 12 NCERT||Click here|
|Mathematics NCERT Textbook for class 11 and 12 combo||Clcik here|
|Chemistry Textbook for Class 12 – NCERT Combo of Two Books Part 1 + Part 2||Click here|
|GUJCET 6 PCB Question Paper Sets (2014 – 2019)|
6 OMR Sheets, ANSWER KEYS in English
|Gujarat CET Engineering Solved Papers||Click here|
|GUJ-CET 15 Practice Sets||Click here|
GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
Based on the information brochure of the previous year GUJCET exam, the admit cards for the exam are released 7 days before the exam date. The admit card is released through the official website i.e. gujcet.gseb.org and candidates have to download it from the website on their own. It is mandatory to do so as candidates who fail to present the valid admit card to the Exam Supervisor at the centre are not allowed to sit for the GUJCET 2021 exam.
Information contained in GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Subjects of GUJCET
- Signature as per application form
- Subjects chosen
- Date, venue and schedule of exam
- Seat number & Block number
Important instructions for GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
- It is mandatory to present the GUJCET 2021 admit card to the respective supervisor at the exam centre and get his/her signature on the card as a proof of attendance.
- Candidates are advised to carry a valid photo identity proof to the exam centre for verification of identity.
- Only the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card and a simple calculator is allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates must report to the exam centre as per the timings mentioned on the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card. Candidates arriving after the exam starts will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Candidates appearing for the exam in a different seat number/block number other than the one allocated to them in the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card will be disqualified.
- Candidates found to be manipulating/distorting the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card will be barred from sitting in the examination.
What to do in case of discrepancy in the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card?
Based on the previous iteration of the GUJCET exam, candidates were asked to follow some steps if any discrepancies were encountered in the information present on the GUJCET admit card. Check out the details below.
- Candidates finding any mistake in the Name, Father’s/Husband’s name have to correct the same and send a photocopy of the corrected admit card along with attested copies of the application form and SSC certificate to GUJCET CELL, GSEB, Gandhinagar.
- In case of a mistake in the subjects chosen/subject combination, candidates have to contact in person to GUJCET CELL, GSEB, Gandhinagar.
- In case any discrepancy is encountered in the photograph printed on the GUJCET admit card, candidates have to contact in person to GUJCET CELL, GSEB, Gandhinagar along with 2 sets of passport-sized photographs.
Address for Correspondence Regarding Discrepancies in GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
(Address to be revealed. Last year’s address was as follows)
Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell
C/o Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board
Near Old Sachivalaya, Sector 10-B
GUJCET 2021 Test Centres
In the previous iteration of the GUJCET exam, the offline test was conducted across the following centres.
|207||Junagadh & Diu|
|216||Valsad & Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli|
GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
Based on previous year trends, Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board releases the answer keys of the GUJCET exam after the conduct of the exam. The answers marked by candidates on OMR sheets are evaluated through computerized methods and the correct answers are intimated through the official answer keys. Conventionally, the GUJCET answer keys are released at gujcet.gseb.org before the publication of the GUJCET results.
Importance of GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
Candidates who appear in the GUJCET 2021 exam can check the correct answers from the answer keys when they are released. In this way, the answer keys provide the candidates with the opportunity to compare their responses with the correct answers. In addition, with the knowledge of the exam pattern and marking scheme, candidates can also make an estimate of the raw score they will achieve as per their responses in the GUJCET 2021 exam.
Objections against GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
It must be noted that before the release of the final answer keys, the GSEB allows candidates to submit representations against the provisional answer keys by paying a fee of Rs 500 per question (based on previous year exam trends). The representations have to be submitted through the email id email@example.com before the specified last date. Once the representation submission window has closed, the Board makes relevant revisions to the provisional keys as per valid representations and releases the final answer keys before the publication of the results.
GUJCET 2021 Result
GUJCET results are released in the form of scorecard/merit list through the official website gujcet.gseb.org. The results are usually released after the publication of the final answer keys. This is because the result is compiled on the basis of the final answer keys.
Important points to know about GUJCET 2021 Result
- In order to download the scorecard, candidates have to go to the official website i.e gujcet.gseb.org, and login using the 6 digit seat number.
- As per previous year trends, candidates can also download the copy of their OMR sheets by registering on the official website as per the schedule and paying the specified fees.
- Candidates must note that the merit list of GUJCET 2021 qualifiers are not prepared by the GSEB. Instead, merit lists are prepared and issued by the concerned admission committee.
- The merit lists are prepared on the basis of Class 12 marks and GUJCET scores. 60% weightage is given to percentile in the theory of PCM / B and 40% weightage is given to GUJCET percentile.
GUJCET 2021 Counselling
As per the previous year exam of GUJCET, the counselling process was conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) post the publication of the GUJCET result. The counselling process is expected to be conducted in a similar manner for GUJCET 2021 as well. The candidates are verified for their eligibility and seats are allocated in the chosen program as per availability and merit.
Check out the list of documents to be carried to the GUJCET 2021 counselling.
- GUJCET 2021 admit card
- Recent passport size photograph
- GUJCET 2021 result / scorecard
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- 10+2 marksheet and certificate
- Class 10 marksheet and certificate
- Migration or transfer certificate
- Original government ID proof
The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board is the conducting body of GUJCET 2021. It is the state level education board in Gujarat and conducts SSC, HSSC and state level entrance examinations. The GSEB was established in the year 1972 as per provisions of the Gujarat Secondary Education Act of 1972. Further details of the board can be checked from the official website i.e. gseb.org.
Click here for the official GUJCET 2021 website.
Q1. Is there any provision of form correction in GUJCET?
Ans. No. Applications once submitted cannot be edited or withdrawn
Q2. Who are eligible for GUJCET?
Ans. Candidates who have passed Class 12th exam or are appearing in the current year from recognized Boards are eligible.
Q3. How much application fee is required?
Ans. The application fee amount is Rs 300/-.
Q4. Is there negative marking in GUJCET?
Ans. Yes. There is provision of negative marking of 0.25 marks per wring answer.
Q5. Is GUJCET compulsory?
Ans. Reportedly, from 2017, GUJCET has been made compulsory for admission to UG Engineering degree and Pharmacy Diploma/Degree courses in the state of Gujarat.