GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern: From this page, the candidates can check GPAT exam pattern 2022. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level exam conducted for students who seek entry into the M.Pharma programme. NTA is the test conducting body for the same. All the candidates who will be appearing for GPAT must know the exam pattern as after knowing it, they can devise a proper preparation plan. GPAT 2022 is a three-hour entrance test that is held in online mode. The questions in the entrance test are MCQ-based, with four choices and one correct answer to each. Know more details about GPAT 2022 exam pattern from this page.
GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
GPAT 2022 exam pattern will be released with the information bulletin of GPAT 2022. The candidates can check the details from gpat.nta.nic.in. The first thing that the students applying for GPAT 2022 should do is familiarize themselves with the syllabus and exam pattern of GPAT 2022. Here is a complete overview of the GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern.
|Mode Of Exam||Online – Computer Based|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Type Of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Number Of Questions||125|
|Question Paper’s Language||English|
|Marks Per Question||4 marks|
GPAT 2022 Subject-Wise Distribution of Questions
The questions in GPAT 2022 are from not just one but various topics/fields. Here is a table showing the marks-wise distribution of different topics in the GPAT 2022 exam.
|Types Of Ques||Number Of Ques||Max Marks|
GPAT 2022 Marking Scheme
The candidates can check the Marking Scheme for GPAT 2022 here.
- Maximum marks per question is 04 marks.
- +4 marks for every correct answer.
- -1 mark for every incorrect response.
- 0 mark for Un-answered/un-attempted questions.
- To answer the question, the applicant should choose only one option as the correct option.
GPAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for the GPAT exam will be as specified by AICTE. Here is the GPAT 2022 syllabus based on last year’s data. Candidates can read the syllabus below.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Other subjects
Preparation Tips For GPAT 2022
The preparation for your exam would begin on the very day the candidates decide to sit for the exam. Here are some exam tips for GPAT 2022 which will help the candidates pass with flying colors in the exam.
- Understand the exam pattern: If you go through the GPAT 2022 exam pattern, you will notice that the marks are distributed unevenly. It means some topics have more weightage than the others. Keep this in mind and prepare accordingly.
- Refrain from Guess-Work: Build a habit of answering confidently and not guessing the answer. It will make you lose your marks otherwise.
- Study from the Sample Papers: Go through the sample papers and old question papers to have an idea of how question paper come.
- Gain Accuracy and Speed: The best way to polish your skills and increase your pace would be to give online mock tests. At least give one mock test a week to build the habit of writing exams.
- Note-Making: Many people believe in the mantra of writing and learning. Make notes if you feel you need things in written form.
Recommended Books for GPAT 2022
Given below are some of the books that can be referred to prepare for GPAT 2022.
|The Pearson Guide to GPAT & Other Entrance|
Examination in Pharmacy
|Check Price Here|
|Complete Companion for GPAT||Check Price Here|
|Gpat by Birla Publications||Check Price Here|
|New Age Ultimate Guide to GPAT||Check Price Here|
|Pharmacology For Medical Graduates||Check Price Here|
FAQs on GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Answer: The GPAT 2022 exam pattern will be released by NTA at gpat.nta.nic.in.
Answer: GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern is important as it helps the candidate understand the structure and format of the question paper.
Answer: There will be total 125 questions in GPAT 2022.
Answer: Questions from Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutics topics will be of 152 marks each. Pharmacognosy will be of 40 marks, Pharmacology will be of 112 marks and other subjects/topics will carry 44 marks.
Answer: Yes. For every wrong response 1 mark will be deducted.
Answer: The question paper will be in English language.