GMAT Eligibility criteria 2021– The candidates interested to take GMAT 2021 exam must check whether they are eligible for the exam. As per the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) the conducting authority for GMAT 2021, there are no specified eligibility criteria. However, aspiring students must meet the eligibility criteria set by the college/university they wish to opt after the GMAT 2021 Exam. The GMAT exam has been the most popular exam for seeking admission worldwide in business schools in MBA Courses. We have provided the complete details about eligibility criteria on this page.
GMAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
As GMAT 2021 Exam is accepted by top Global business schools, therefore aspiring candidates are advised to go through the following details like nationality, age, etc. A candidate is eligible if he/she meets all the norms given below:
Overview of GMAT Eligibility criteria 2021:
Candidates must have a look at the general overview of GMAT 2021 Eligibility criteria before filling the application form which is as follows:
|Minimum age||At least 18 years|
|Work experience||No, but top business schools prefer candidates with work experience in the industry|
|Minimum Educational qualification||Graduation|
|Maximum Educational qualification||NA|
|Whether Students in the final year of graduation can apply?||Yes|
|Whether to register for each GMAT Attempt?||Yes|
|Whether valid passport at the time of the exam is required?||Yes|
GMAT 2021 Nationality
As there are no boundations regarding the nationality of a candidate. GMAT offers opportunities to everyone as follows:
- There is no restriction based on the nationality to take the exam. Candidates from all over the world can apply for GMAT 2021 exam.
- This exam is open to all the candidates around the world.
GMAT 2021 Age Criteria
Age criteria need to be taken into consideration while registering for GMAT 2021. You can go through the below-mentioned points:
- A candidate must be at least 13 years in age to be eligible.
- A candidate must be 18 years old at the time of filling application form without any consent.
- If a candidate falls in the age group of 13-17 years, then a consent form by parents or guardian is submitted to write the exam i.e. parental permission is essential.
- However, there is no upper age limit to write this exam as most of the candidates above the age of 30, write this exam every year.
GMAT 2021 Educational Qualification
Following Educational eligibility must be fulfilled by a candidate to take the GMAT 2021 exam:
- A Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institute/ university.
- There is no maximum academic qualification required to enroll as many candidates who appear for GMAT exam are in their final year of graduation. Many working professionals take this exam every year.
- Graduation percentages and scores don’t matter for GMAT Exam. Hence, there is no required percentage in graduation to take the exam.
GMAT 2021 Language
Mode of language is crucial for every exam and the language for GMAT 2021 is as :
- GMAT Exam is explicitly designed in English language.
- Therefore basic knowledge and understanding of English language is essential for candidates.
GMAT 2021 Attempts
There are limits on the attempts given by candidates for the GMAT exam. So, it is essential to meet the criteria as follows:
- Candidates can take GMAT Exam up to 5 times per year.
- The minimum gap between the two attempts must be at least 16 days.
- A candidate can only write GMAT Exam 8 times in a lifetime.
GMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria for PWD Candidates
Persons with disabilities can also apply for GMAT 2021. These disabilities include
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning and Cognitive Disorders
- Physical and Systemic Disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities
- Sensory Disabilities (Vision and Hearing)
- As per GMAC, this exam is open for all without any discrimination or biasness.
- Differently abled candidates can also apply for the GMAT Exam after requesting a reasonable test accommodation.
GMAT 2021 Scoring criteria
Following are the things to be kept in mind as there are some criteria regarding scores:
- If a candidate gets a perfect score in GMAT Exam, then he/she has to wait at least 5 years to attempt the GMAT test again.
- However, if a candidate does not get a score up to 800, he/ she can take the exam again.
- You need to wait for at least 16 days before to attempt the GMAT again.
FAQs on GMAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
A. Yes, at least 18 years and if you fall between the age group 13-17 years, then parent’s consent is a must.
A. Candidates can give the exam 5 times in a year and 8 times in a lifetime.
A. Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.
A. There is no upper limit to take GMAT 2021 Exam.
A. No, there is no specified work experience but the top business schools prefer candidates with experience in the industry. It totally depends on the institution you wish to choose, so you must go through the criteria offered by that University or institution.