GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021
GLS Institute of Design, under the GLS University Ahmedabad, has released the application form for GLS Institute of Design DAT 2021. Interested students can fill the application form online at glsid.org. The candidates who have qualified 10+2 from any recognized board can apply for GLS Institute of Design admission 2021.
The institute will conduct Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for the admission into B.Des, and Integrated M.Des programmes. After the entrance test, the candidates have to appear for interaction at GLS campus. On this interaction, the final selection is done. After the final interaction, the payment of the admission fee will confirm the admission of the candidates. Check more details about GLS Institute of Design admission 2021 such as application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc.
Important dates regarding GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021
|Availability of form||08 Dec 2020|
|Last date to fill the form||Apr 2021|
|Availability of admit card||to be announced|
|GLS Institute of Design DAT 2021 Exam Date||to be announced|
|Announcement of result||to be announced|
|Interaction||to be announced|
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2021 Application form
The candidates can fill the application form for GLS Institute of Design admission 2021 at glsid.org. The candidates can collect the application forms from the institutes or official centres.
Link To Apply Online: Click here to apply for GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021
To apply, you are required to follow the steps given below.
- First of all, do the registration by entering the details like name, email id, mobile number and password.
- Then, select the course.
- Next, enter the personal and address details like name, address, date of birth, religion etc. Also, enter the parent’s information.
- Then, enter the educational details and work experience (if any).
- Next, upload the documents.
- Then, pay the application fee.
Documents to be uploaded along with the application form
- Passport size photograph
- Photo id proof
- 10th class marksheet photocopy
- 12th class marksheet photocopy
- Residential proof
- School Leaving certificate (not mandatory)
- First attempt passing certificate – HSC (not mandatory)
Application Fee: The candidates are required to pay Rs 2000. The application fee can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking.
Following given are the courses that are offered under B.Des and Integrated M.Des.
- Apparel and Textile Design
- Leather Design
- Accessory (Gems and Jewellery) Design
- Interior & Space Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation Design
- Digital Film Making
- Product Design
A little bit about these programmes: So, in these programmes the major focus will be on Innovative Design Techniques, Conceptual Thinking, Creative Skills, Critical Analysis and Practical Exposure, In-Depth Research for Design Opportunity Mapping, Exploration and Experimentation, Interaction and Team Work, Contextual Understanding.
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 from the State Board / ICSE / CISCE / IB or equivalent.
- The candidates must have 50% marks.
GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021 Selection Process
The selection process for GLS Institute of Design admission 2021 is as follows:
Appear for the Entrance Test: First of all, appear for the entrance test as per the schedule.
Stage 1 – Shortlisting: Next, the candidates who qualify the entrance test are required to appear for further admission process.
Interaction: Then, the shortlisted candidates are called for interaction at GLS campus.
Stage 2 – Shortlisting: According to the interaction, the final shortlisting is done, and offer letters are issued to the selected candidates. After this, the selected candidates have to pay the admission fee and confirm the admission.
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) given below.
- The exam is conducted as a pen – paper based test.
- So, the test basically judges the Observation Power, Drawing Skills, Proportion Sense, Innovation / Imagination, Utilization of Form of the students.
In a nutshell, the test is designed in such a way that it tests the drawing skills as well as knowledge of design elements.
GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can download DAT admit card from glsid.org. The admit card is released as soon the application process is over.
- The candidates are intimated about their release of their admit card at their registered email ids.
- To download the admit card, enter the email id / mobile number and password.
- A printed copy of the admit card has to carried to the exam centre positively.
- Various details like name, exam centre, exam timings etc.
GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021 Result
The result for DAT is informed to the candidates on the same day of the examination. The scores are also uploaded online, glsid.org. The candidates can check the result by entering their email id / mobile number and password.
- Based on the performance of the test, the candidates are shortlisted for the interaction process.
- The selected candidates are called for interaction at GLS campus.
GLS Institute of Design Programme Overview
Check the programme overview for B.Des and Integrated M.Des given below.
|Particulars||Numbers (B.Des)||Numbers (Integrated M.Des)|
|No. of Years / Semesters||4/8||5/10|
|Total no. of courses||52||55|
|Total Teaching Subjects||20-21||20-21|
|Admission & Examination|
weeks per semester
About GLS Institute of Design
GLS Institute of Design is an institute that comes under GLS University, Ahmedabad. The institute offers various Design courses.
- GLSID tries to create a connection between students and their culture and society.
- It also offers girls and boys hostels.
- The students are also motivated to participate in various cultural sports events.
- Fashion shows, Talent Hunts, Creative Writing Competions etc are also organized at the university.
- GLSID has a strong network to corporate and design fraternity that helps the students to know about the industry and global trends.
GLS Institute of Design, Gate No. 07
Gujarat Law Society Campus,
Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad – 380006
Phone : (079) 65222758,
Cell : +919687661793, +9196687477375
FAQs for GLS Institute of Design Admission 2021
Ans. The official website of GLSDI is glsid.org.
Ans. The courses that are offered are B.Des and Integrated M.Des.
Ans. The candidates who have passed class 12th with minimum 50% marks can apply.
Ans. Yes, you can obtain the application form from the GLS Institute of Design as well.
Ans. You are required to pay Rs 2000.
Ans. The candidates have to first appear for the written test and then interview will take place.