GCET Syllabus 2021 – DTE, Goa has released GCET 2021 syllabus along with the information brochure. GCET is a state-level entrance examination held for admission into B.E and B.Pharm courses. It is important to know the syllabus because it specifies the topics and units from which the questions in the exam are expected to come.
GCET syllabus 2021 is based on the topics studied class 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The entrance test is conducted in offline mode. Know the detailed subject-wise syllabus given below.
GCET 2021 Syllabus
GCET 2021 syllabus is based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim, Goa for the class 12th (Science) exam for the current year in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Also Read: Goa CET 2021 Application Form
Detailed Syllabus of GCET 2021 – Topics in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
Check the unit-wise GCET 2021 syllabus given below.
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- p-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Relations and Functions
- Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
Also Read: Goa CET 2021 Admit Card
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern
There are 3 papers in the test; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Check the other details given below.
- Each paper is of 2 hour duration
- There are multiple-choice questions in the test. Each question shall have 4 choices
- For each correct answer, 01 marks shall be awarded
- No negative marking shall be deducted for any incorrect / multiple answers
Distribution of questions
|Papers||No. of questions|
Also Read: Goa CET 2021 Answer Key
Recommended Books for GCET 2021
Check the books listed below to prepare for GCET 2021.
|Concept of Physics – Part 1 & 2||Buy Here|
|Physics Text Book Part 1 for Class 12||Buy Here|
|Physics Text Book Part – 2 for Class – 12||Buy Here|
|Atkins’ Physical Chemistry: International Eleventh Edition||Buy Here|
|Chemistry Textbook Part – 1 for Class – 12||Buy Here|
|Chemistry Textbook Part – 2 for Class – 12||Buy Here|
|Mathematics For Class 12 (2021-2022 Session)||Buy Here|
|Mathematics Textbook for Class 12 – Part I||Buy Here|
|Mathematics Textbook for Class 12 Part – 2||Buy Here|
Tips to prepare for GCET 2021 Exam!
Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern takes you one step closer to clear the exam. However, to clear the exam, a proper preparation strategy is also needed.
- Write down the important topics and chapters from which questions can be asked in the exam. For this, download the syllabus and make a list of the topics that have to be covered.
- Go through the books that you previously studied in class 12th. Take out the notes and go through them to have a better understanding of the concepts.
- Solve previous year question papers of GCET to know what type of questions come in the exam, difficulty level of questions each year, etc.
- Keep on revising the topics that you will study side by side. This will help in memorizing the important points till the day of the examination.
If you complete all these steps, you will surely do well in the exam. One of these colleges – Goa Engineering College (GEC), Padre Conceição College of Engineering (PCCE), Don Bosco, Agnel Institute of Technology and Design will be welcoming you soon.
Best of luck!
FAQs on GCET 2021 Syllabus
Ans. Yes, GCET 2021 syllabus is officially released at dte.goa.gov.in. The syllabus is released along with the information brochure.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking for wrong or multiple answers in GCET 2021.
Ans. GCET 2021 syllabus is prescribed by Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim, Goa.
Ans. GCET 2021 syllabus is based on the topics studied class 12 (Science) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Ans. To prepare for GCET 2021, first of all check the syllabus of all the subjects. Note down the important units after checking the syllabus. Then, check the previous year question papers and make a list of the important topics that have to be studied. Also, keep on revising the topics that you will study daily for better understanding of concepts.