GCET 2021 – Directorate of Technical Education, Goa has released the GCET 2021 prospectus. The application form can be submitted from May 17, 2021. The exam will be conducted on June 15 and 16, 2021.
Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET 2021) is a state-level engineering entrance exam conducted for admission into B.E and B.Pharm. The test will be held in selected exam centres of Goa. There are total 3 papers in the test; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. GCET scores shall be accepted by government, government-aided and un-aided colleges. Know more details about GCET 2021 from this page such as eligibility, exam pattern syllabus etc.
GCET 2021 Exam Date and Other Important Dates
The candidates who are willing to take admission in Pharmacy course need not appear in Mathematics subject paper. Check the important dates given below.
|GCET 2021||Important Dates|
|Details regarding application form will be out by||10 May 2021|
|Start of receiving application forms||17 May 2021|
|Last date to apply and receive admit cards||22 May 2021|
|Last date to apply at DTE and collecting admit cards (with additional fee)||04 Jun 2021|
|GCET 2021 exam date||15 & 16 Jun 2021|
|Publishing of Answer Key||4-5 days after exam|
|Declaration of result||22 Jun 2021 (Expected)|
GCET 2021 Exam Schedule
Check GCET 2021 exam schedule given below.
|Subject||Day and Date||Time|
|Physics||15 Jun 2021 (Tuesday)||10.00 AM – 12.00 PM|
|Chemistry||15 Jun 2021 (Tuesday)||2.00 PM – 4.00 PM|
|Mathematics||16 Jun 2021 (Wednesday)||10.00 AM – 12.00 PM|
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern
GCET is a pen-paper based test. Check the other details regarding the exam from below.
- Duration: Each paper is of 2 hour duration
- Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
- No. of questions: Each paper will have 75 questions
- Marking scheme: Each question is of 01 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect / multiple answers
Distribution of questions
|Papers||No. of questions|
GCET 2021 Syllabus
Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim prescribes the syllabus for GCET 2021. This year’s GCET 2021 syllabus is based on class 12th (Science) topics studied in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- p-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Relations and Functions
- Vectors and 3 Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
Suggested Books for GCET 2021
Given below are the books that are prescribed officially for the preparation of GCET 2021.
|Mathematics Textbook for Class 12 – Part I||Check Price Here|
|Mathematics Textbook for Class 12 Part – 2||Check Price Here|
|NCERT Chemistry Part 1 Textbook for Class 12||Check Price Here|
|Chemistry Textbook Part – 2 for Class – 12||Check Price Here|
|Physics Text Book Part 1 for Class 12||Check Price Here|
|Physics Text Book Part – 2 for Class – 12||Check Price Here|
Preparation Tips for GCET 2021
In order to clear the exam, the candidates must follow the preparation strategy given below.
Know the syllabus: Check the syllabus thoroughly before starting the preparation. By knowing the syllabus, one gets to know the topics and units that have to be studied for the exam.
Make a time-table: After checking the syllabus, make a time-table. It should be made in such a way where the syllabus can be fully covered.
Prepare small notes: While preparing, make short notes of the concepts that you will study. After making these notes, one can study anywhere and anytime.
Give mock tests: It is essential to solve the mock tests when the exam is near. One is able to understand the basic of the entrance exam such as type of questions, number of questions, marking scheme etc.
Eligibility Criteria for GCET 2021
Check the eligibility criteria for GCET 2021 given below.
Nationality: The applicants must be Indian Nationals. Non-Resident Indians holding Indian passport may apply for the seats under NRI category. OCI / PIO cardholders are considered eligible for admissions to seats under NRI category.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates applying for Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- The applicants must have passed Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa board or an examination conducted by CBSE, New Delhi or any other exam considered as equivalent to the HSSC exam of Goa Board.
For Engineering (B.E):
- The candidates must have passed class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational.
- The candidates must have secured at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational / Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Practices / Agriculture / Engineering Graphics / Business Studies (40% for SC / ST / OBC).
- The candidates must have passed Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) exam with at least 45% marks (40% for SC /S T / OBC).
- The candidates must have passed 12th class examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent exam with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics and Biology subjects.
Who else can apply? The candidates who are appearing in HSSC (12th science) or equivalent examination before the start of the academic session can also apply for GCET 2021.
GCET 2021 Registration, Application Form
The details regarding the submission of GCET 2021 application form shall be notified on the website of DTE on May 10, 2021.
The application form for GCET shall be accepted at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa and other notified locations. Along with the application form, self-attested photocopies must be attached. The documents like class 12th statement of marks, birth certificate, residence certificate etc.
- Identical passport size photographs should be affixed with the application form.
- The application form must be filled by the applicant in his / her own handwriting.
- The applicants must enter all the categories in the application form. Change of category is not entertained after the last date of receipt of application form.
- The applicant is advised to personally submit the application form which must be complete in all respects.
- After submitting the application form, an acknowledgment with registration number is provided to the candidates.
|Exam fee for GCET||Rs 1500|
|Late fee||Rs 1500|
GCET 2021 Admit Card
DTE Goa will release GCET 2021 admit card on 4th June.
- Admit card is issued to those candidates who have submitted the application form.
- After the issue of the admit card, no change in the choices of papers / centres allotted / shall not be entertained.
- Candidates are also required to produce the photo admit card at the exam centre.
- The candidates who will submit the application form at DTE Goa can collect the admit card from there only.
GCET 2021 Exam Centres
Goa Common Entrance Test 2021 shall be held at the following centres.
Important Instructions for GCET 2021
On the day of the examination, the candidates are required to follow the instructions given below.
- The candidates must be seated in the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam.
- No candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall 30 minutes from the start of the test. No candidate shall be allowed to leave the exam centre until the full duration of the test is over and the answer sheets are collected by the invigilators.
- Any electronic gadgets, mobile phones, calculators are not allowed inside the examination hall.
GCET 2021 Answer Key
The candidates can download GCET 2021 answer key from dte.goa.gov.in. The answer keys are released subject-wise in pdf format.
It specifies all the answers of every question asked during the exam. The candidates can use the answer key to calculate their scores.
GCET 2021 Result
DTE Goa will declare GCET 2021 result online at dte.goa.gov.in. No individual scorecard is issued to the candidates.
There is no provision for re-checking / verification. For all categories, separate merit lists are prepared. The merit list is prepared according to the marks secured in GCET 2021. The merit lists are released at the official website of DTE and are also displayed at the Notice Board of DTE, Goa.
GCET 2021 Counselling
The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are required to take part in GCET 2021 counselling.
- The eligible candidates must be present in person at the admission centre of DTE.
- The candidates must remain present with the acknowledgement card, original documents and fees.
- The candidates who are present at the admission centre shall be given an opportunity to select a seat of their choice as per the availability of seats.
- Any candidate who is granted admission during any round must report to the respective institution within 3 working days of grant of admission.
- If the candidate does not appear for admission, then his / her seats will be given to the next person in the merit list.
Seat Reservation of GCET 2021
Check the seat reservation for the qualified candidates of GCET 2021 given below.
|Category||Percentage of reservation|
|Freedom Fighters of Goa||1%|
|NRI / OCI||Upto 5%|
|Supernumerary quota for Foreign Nationals / |
PIO / Children of Indian Gulf Workers in Gulf Countries
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (5% Supernumerary seats in Engineering / Pharmacy)
Under this scheme, candidates whose parents annual income from all sources does not exceed Rs 8,00,000 shall be considered eligible.
- All eligible candidates from General Category merit list shall be considered eligible under TFW.
- Such candidates must have an income certificate in the specified format.
|Disciplines||Engineering / Pharmacy|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||32000|
- Fee for self-financed institutes will be notified shortly.
|Hostel Fee||Engineering / Pharmacy|
|Hostel Rent (Per Term)||3000|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||1000|
|Hostel Maintenance Fee (Per Term)||2500|
GCET 2021 Admission Cancellation Policy
Check the important points for cancellation of admission given below.
Cancellation by Admission Authority
- An applicant who has paid the admission fee at the admission centre but fails to report to college with 3 working days of grant of admission can forfeit the claim for admission and his / her entire admission fee paid shall be forfeited.
- If any information / certificate is found to be incorrect, then his / her admission shall be cancelled forthwith and the entire fee shall be forfeited.
- Admission offered to the candidates shall be cancelled, if at a later stage, the Goa University declares the candidate is not eligible for admission. In this case, the entire fee except the admission fee (Rs 1500) will be refunded.
- If the candidate expires or becomes invalid within 90 days of the date of final round of admission, the entire fee including admission fee shall be refunded.
GCET 2021 Seat Intake
Check the course-wise seat intake given below.
|BE (Information Technology)||GEC, Farmagudi||75 + 4 + 11 (4)|
|BE (Information Technology)||PCCE, Verna||75 + 4|
|BE (Information Technology)||RIEIT, Shiroda||75 + 4|
|BE (Computer)||GEC, Farmagudi||75 + 4 + 11 (4)|
|BE (Computer)||PCCE, Verna||75 + 4|
|BE (Computer)||RIEIT, Shiroda||75 + 4|
|BE (Computer)||DBCE, Fatorda||60 + 3|
|BE (Computer)||AITD, Assagao||75 + 4|
|BE (Electronics & Telecommunication)||GEC, Farmagudi||75 + 4 + 11 (4)|
|BE (Electronics & Telecommunication)||PCCE, Verna||75 + 4|
|BE (Electronics & Telecommunication)||RIEIT, Shiroda||75 + 4|
|BE (Electronics & Telecommunication)||DBCE, Fatorda||60 + 3|
|BE (Electronics & Telecommunication)||AITD, Assagao||75 + 4|
|BE (Electrical & Electronics)||GEC, Farmagudi||75 + 4 + 11 (4)|
|BE (Mechanical)||GEC, Farmagudi||75 + 4 + 11 (4)|
|BE (Mechanical)||PCCE, Verna||75 + 4|
|BE (Mechanical)||DBCE, Fatorda||120 + 6|
|BE (Mechanical)||AITD, Assagao||75 + 4|
|BE (Mechanical)||RIEIT, Shiroda||75 + 4|
|BE (Civil)||GEC, Farmagudi, Pondi||75 + 4 + 11 (4)|
|BE (Civil)||DBCE, Fatorda||60 + 3|
|B.Pharm||GCP, Panaji||75 + 4|
|B.Pharm||PES, Farmagudi||100 + 5|
GCET 2021 Distribution of Seats
Check the distribution of seats given below.
About Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa
Government of Goa established DTE in 1986. It offers various degree courses, diploma courses, dental courses etc. Some of its objectives are:
- To facilitate new technical educational institutes and courses in Goa
- Prepare budget, distribute funds for technical education in the state of Goa
- Facilitate Centralized admission to technical and professional institutes to the students of Goa
FAQs on GCET 2021
Ans. GCET will be held on 15 and 16 June 2021.
Ans. GCET is a pen-paper based test.
Ans. GCET is held for the candidates who want to take admission in B.E and B.Pharm courses.
Ans.There are total 3 papers in GCET 2021. Every paper is of 2 hour.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in GCET 2021.
Ans. The merit list is prepared according to the marks obtained in GCET.
GCET 2021 official website: dte.goa.gov.in
If you have any queries on GCET 2021, then please feel free to ask in comments below.