GCET 2021 Result
The GCET Result 2021 is expected to be announced on 8 or 9 May 2021. DTE Goa will announce the Goa CET 2021 results in the form of merit list at dte.goa.gov.in. Along with it, the answer keys are also released.
- GCET 2021 Result is declared by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) of Goa, online at dte.goa.gov.in.
- The GCET 2021 merit list is published as a pdf. It displays the marks obtained in physics, chemistry, mathematics, by all test takers .
- Qualified candidates are required to participate in the counselling.
- Also, there is no provision of re-evaluation or re-checking of objective response sheet (ORS).
Check more information about GCET 2021 result from this page such as the process to check, preparation of merit list, details mentioned in the result etc.
Important Dates for Goa CET 2021 Results
|GCET 2021 Result||Important Dates|
|GCET 2021 exam date||04, 05 May 2021|
|Goa CET 2021 result declaration date||08 or 09 May 2021 (expected)|
|Start of receiving of application forms for admission form A / B at notified locations||To be notified|
|Last date of receiving of application forms for admission form A / B at notified locations||To be notified|
|Display of eligibility list for GCET based courses at admission centres||To be notified|
|Last date to submit grievances against GCET based eligibility list||To be notified|
|Display of provisional list for GCET based courses at admission centre||To be notified|
|Display of final merit list of GCET based courses at admission centre||To be notified|
|Commencement of first round of admission for Engineering and Pharmacy courses||To be notified|
|Last date to submit NATA result||To be notified|
|Display of eligibility list of NEET, NATA based courses at admission centre||To be notified|
|Display or provisional list for NEET, NATA based courses at admission centre||To be notified|
|Starting of first admission round for NEET based courses||To be notified|
|Starting of first admission round for NATA based courses||To be notified|
|2nd round of admission for Pharmacy and Engineering courses||To be notified|
|2nd round of admission for MBBS, BDS and B.Arch courses||To be notified|
|2nd round of admission to NEET (except MBBS, BDS) and 3rd round of admission to MBBS, BDS, B.Arch and Engineering and Pharmacy courses||To be notified|
|Additional round of NEET based courses||To be notified|
Direct Link to Check GCET 2021 Result, Merit List
Candidates can check GCET 2021 result as per the schedule given above at dte.goa.gov.in.
GCET 2021 Result Expected Date
DTE Goa has not announced the exact date on which they will announce the result of Goa CET 2021.
However, we have past years exam dates and result dates. Since the officials follow a similar timeline every year, we can predict when to expect the result of Goa CET 2021 using these.
|Year||Exam Date||Result Date|
|2019||04-05 July||09 July|
|2018||07-08 May||11 May|
As per above, we can say that GCET answer keys are released 3-4 days after the second exam date.
Since this time the exam dates are 4-5 May 2021. Therefore the Goa CET 2021 result is expected to be declared on 8 or 09 May 2021.
Compilation of GCET 2021 Result
Check the process of GCET 2021 result compilation given below.
Determination of scores: According to the marking of GCET, the marks are calculated in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The scores are calculated according to the answer key, and marking scheme.
- 01 marks is given for each correct answer
- No marks are deducted for the incorrect answers
Merit List: After the calculation of scores, the result is published and post the declaration of the result, the merit list is published. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are then required to part in the further admission process. Two types of merit list are published, provisional and final.
Preparation of merit list for Engineering and Pharmacy courses
The merit list for these courses is prepared according to marks secured in GCET 2021.
For Engineering courses: The merit list for Engineering courses is prepared according to the aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics subjects in GCET 2021.
For Pharmacy courses: The merit list for Pharmacy courses is prepared according to the aggregate marks obtained Physics and Chemistry in GCET 2021/
For MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Science, B.V.Sc & AH and Nursing
The merit list for the above given courses is prepared according to the marks in NEET-UG 2021.
The merit list for this course is prepared according to the marks in NATA and the qualifying examination (Diploma / HSSC) in ratio of 1:1 i.e. with giving 50% weightage to NATA score and aggregate marks in qualifying examination subjects.
GCET 2021 Tie-Breaking Policy
If two or more obtain the same marks in GCET 2021, then the following tie-breaking criteria is followed to resolve the tie.
- The candidates with more marks in Mathematics subject in GCET 2021 shall be considered for the merit list
- If there is still a tie, then the marks in Chemistry subject in GCET 2021 shall be considered for the merit list
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate with more aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics subjects in the qualifying examination (class 12th) is placed higher in the merit list.
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with higher marks in Mathematics in the qualifying exam is placed higher.
- In case of still a tie, the older candidate is given preference.
For Pharmacy Course
- Firstly, the candidate with higher marks in Chemistry is given preference.
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate with more aggregate marks in Physics and Chemistry subjects in the qualifying examination (class 12th) is placed higher in the merit list.
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with higher marks in Chemistry in the class 12th qualifying exam is placed higher.
- If there is still a tie, then the candidate older in age is given preference.
For Other Professional Courses
- The candidate with higher marks in NATA is placed higher in the merit list
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate with higher marks in Mathematics is placed higher in the merit list
- In case of still a tie, the candidate older in age is given preference
How to Check GCET 2021 Result?
Check the steps given below to check GCET 2021 result.
Step 1: First of all, click on the link of the result given above on this page.
Step 2: After following the step given above, a new page will open.
Step 3: Next, press ctrl+F to check your roll number.
Step 4: Now, check the marks in each subject and download the pdf for future reference.
Details Mentioned in GCET 2021 Result
The candidates are going to observe the following details in their respective Goa CET result.
- Roll number
- Physics subject marks
- Chemistry subject marks
- Mathematics subject marks
GCET 2021 Counselling
The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are then required to take part in the counselling. The candidates can do the choice filling for courses / institutes via online mode in the order of preference.
The allotment list of GCET is published online at the official website. The candidates are allotted seats according to their highest choice made and merit rank. The candidates are given 3 days time to report to their allotted institute for the completion of admission process which includes document verification and payment of admission fee.
All the candidates present at the admission centre are given an opportunity to select a seat of their choice available at that point of time according to their merit rank.
GCET 2021 Reservation Criteria
Check the reservation criteria that is expected to be applicable for GCET 2021.
|FF (registered freedom fighters from Goa)||1%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|GN (Applicant whose parent /grandparent has been born in Goa)||2%|
About Directorate of Technical Education
Directorate of Technical Education was established in the year 1986 by Govt. of Goa. It basically looks after:
- Management of Human Resource of Technical Education Institutes
- Management of Human Resource of Directorate of Technical Education Institutes
- Facilitation of centralized admission to technical and professional institutes to the students in Goa
About GCET 2021
Goa Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance test conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. This is an offline entrance exam conducted for the admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses namely B.E and B.Tech. The test consists of 3 papers in total; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The test consists of multiple-choice questions. The qualified candidates are granted admission in government, government aided and unaided colleges of Goa.
FAQs for GCET 2021 Result
Q1. From where can I check GCET 2021 result?
Ans. You can check GCET 2021 result from dte.goa.gov.in.
Q2. Will the official authority send GCET 2021 scorecard to the qualified candidates?
Ans. No individual score card of GCET 2021 is dispatched to the qualified candidates.
Q3. In what format GCET result get published?
Ans. GCET result is published in the pdf format. It consists of the roll number of the candidates and subject-wise marks.
Q4. How is the merit list of GCET 2021 prepared?
Ans. The merit list of GCET is prepare according to the scores obtained in all the 3 papers of the entrance examination.
If you have any queries on GCET 2021 result, then please feel free to ask in comments below.
Engineering Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|