|Details - GATE 2022, Notification, Exam Date, Registration, Correction, Admit Card, Login, Result|
|Preparation - Previous Years Question Papers with Answers|
GATE Application Form 2022: Registration for GATE 2022 will end today i.e. October 7, 2021. Candidates who wish to apply can do the same by paying the late fee at gate.iitkgp.ac.in. The direct link to apply is given below. To submit the application form, the candidates are required to register, enter the details in the form, upload the required documents, scanned photographs and signature. Application fee, including the late fee for GATE 2022 registration is Rs 1250 for the reserved category and female candidates and Rs 2000 for all the other candidates. Know more about GATE 2022 application process from this page such as how to apply, documents required to fill the form, image specifications etc.
GATE Application Form 2022
Direct Link to Apply for GATE 2022: Click here to apply for GATE 2022.
Official Website: gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Recommended: GATE Previous Year Question Papers
GATE Registration 2022 Important Dates
The important dates for GATE Registration 2021 have been released. Check the important dates from below.
|Release of GATE 2022 registration/application form and opening of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)||02 Sep 2021|
|Last date to fill and submit GATE application form 2022 in regular mode (without late fee)||30 Sep 2021|
|Last date to fill and submit GATE application form 2022 in extended period (with late fee)||07 Oct 2021|
|Display of defective applications||26 Oct 2021|
|Last date to rectify the details||01 Nov 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, City, Exam Paper (an additional fee will be applicable)||12 Nov 2021|
After these processes, IIT Kharagpur will release GATE admit card 2022.
Will GATE 2022 Application Form be Extended?
Considering the huge number of applications received, IIT Kharagpur can extend the last date to register for GATE 2022 again for the third time. Earlier the last date was extended till September 30, 2021 without late fees and again till October 7, 2021 with late fees. Candidates can get latest updates on extension of GATE 2022 application form here.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Note that GATE 2022 application fee can be submitted via online mode only. The application fee is neither refundable nor transferable. Additional online transaction charges or bank charges will be applicable. These charges will be specified in the payment portal.
|For exam centres in India||Fee applicable for Regular period||Fee applicable during the extended period|
|Female candidates (per paper)||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|SC / ST / PwD category candidates (per paper)||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|All other candidates (per paper)||Rs 1500||Rs 2000|
Foreign Nationals / NRIs
|Centres in India (Fee per paper paper)|
|Fee during regular period||Rs 1500|
|Fee during extended period||Rs 2000|
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking / wallet.
Documents Required to Fill GATE Application Form 2022
Before filling GATE application form 2022, the candidates must have the following documents ready.
- Scanned image of photograph
- Scanned image of signature
- Scanned coloured copy of valid photo identity proof (aadhar card / passport / PAN card / voter id / driving license)
- Category certificate scanned copy for SC / ST / PwD candidates (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of dyslexic certificate (if applicable)
- Net banking / credit card / debit card details for fee payment
Note: The candidates are requested to update the aadhar card or any other photo id proof (if it is not recent). This photo id has to be used while applying and appearing for GATE 2022.
Image Specifications for GATE 2022 Application Form
To submit GATE 2022 application form, the candidates need to upload the scanned images and documents in the proper format. The images uploaded without meeting the specifications will lead to the rejection of the application without any refund of the application fee. Check the details given below.
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG / PNG||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||5 KB – 200 KB||Maximum: 480 x 640|
Minimum: 240 x 320
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||Size provided in the image below||3 KB – 200 KB||Maximum: 160 x 560|
Minimum: 80 x 280
|Valid photo id||–||10 KB – 600 KB||–|
|Category certificate||–||10 KB – 600 KB||–|
Size of the signature
Other details for photograph
- The photograph must match with the candidate’s appearance as on the day of the exam.
- The photograph must be recent, coloured with white background. It should not be taken with mobile phones. Other self-composed portraits may result in the rejection of the photograph.
- The candidate’s face must cover 60% – 70% of the photograph.
- The candidate’s face must not be covered with any foreign objects (only specs with power are allowed).
- Caps, hats, sunglasses, coloured glasses are not allowed in the photograph.
- Only candidate’s face must be visible in the photo. No person should be there in the background.
- Full-face view of the candidate looking directly into the camera must be there in the photograph.
- Main features of the face must not be covered with hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Eyes, forehad, nose, chin and ears should be clearly visible.
- If specs are worn regularly, then it can there in the photograph. However, if there is any glare or reflections, then please remove the spectacles and then click the photograph.
Sample images of photograph
Details for the signature
- Sign with blue or black ink only.
- Get the digital image of the signature in the rectangular box. It should be scanned using a professional camera. Crop it to the border of the box.
- To avoid signature with a dark background, it is advised not to take the photograph with the mobile phone.
- Applications where the signature is done by anyone except the appearing candidate will not be accepted.
Sample images for signature
Important points to keep in mind before doing GATE Registration 2022
- The payment of the application fee canbe done via online mode only. If the candidate wishes to appear in two papers, then the fee that has to be paid wil be twice of the mentioned amount for a single paper.
- Before submitting the application form, the candidates must cross-check the details entered in it.
- It is essential that the candidate fills-in all the details in the application form correctly. The application form is liable to get rejected if there is any error.
If a candidate submits more than 1 application form for the same paper of GATE 2022, then he / she will be allowed to appear in one session only. Meaning, one of the duplicate / triplicate applications will be considered and the remaning applications will be rejected without any refund of application fee.
How to Fill GATE Application Form 2022?
Note that applications for GATE 2022 are accepted only via online mode. Even if a candidate is appearing for 2 papers, then also a candidate should fill only 1 application form only. Check the step-by-step process fill GATE 2022 application form provided below.
1st step: Click on the direct link of the application form given above.
2nd step: Now, click on the ‘new user? register here’ button.
3rd step: Next, register by entering the name, email id, password, mobile number etc. After entering the name, click on the ‘confirm’ button and then, on the ‘continue’ button. Now, after confirming the name, enter all the other details.
4th step: After the registration, SMS and email containing the enrollment id are sent. Also, a message appears on the screen that ‘thankyou for registering for GATE 2022’. Now, login by entering the enrolment id and password.
5th step: Now, click on the fill application form button and start entering the details. Firstly, enter the exam details and click on the ‘save’ and then, click on the next button after entering the details.
6th step: Next, enter the personal details like date of birth, gender, category etc. Also, verify the email id and mobile number. After entering the details, save the details and click on the ‘next’ button.
7th step: Now, enter the address details.
8th step: Then, enter the qualifying degree details. This includes entering the college pin code, country of college / university, discipline of qualifying degree etc.
9th step: Upload the images and documents in the proper format after entering all the details.
10th step: After uploading the images and documents, click on the ‘review and submit’ button. One can also click on the ‘save and view’ button and check all the details mentioned in it and go back, if editing is needed.
11th step: Now, read the declaration before submitting the form and enter the OTP.
12th step: Then, pay the application fee by selecting the payment method. Lastly take a printout of the filled-in application form for your reference.
Note: Do not send any hard copy of the filled-in GATE application 2022 or any other documents to IIT Kharagpur or any other IIT zonal offices.
Details to be Entered in GATE Application Form 2022
While filling GATE application form 2022, the candidates have to provide the following data.
- Email id
- Mobile number
- Country of residence
- Number of paper for GATE 2022
- GATE 2022 (primary paper)
- Choice of exam cities
- Date of birth
- PwBD or not
- Any dyslexia / learning abilities or not
- Country of permanent residence
- State / UT of permanent residence
- Valid photo id and its number
- Name of parent / guardian
- Country of residence of parent / guardian
- Mobile number of parent / guardian
- Pin code
- State / UT
- Full address
- City / town
Qualifying degree details
- College pin code
- Country of college / university
- State / UT
- College city / town
- Institute registration / roll number
- Qualifying degree
- Discipline of qualifying degree
- Year of qualifying degree
- Have you graduated in the above degree
- Degree awarding university / institute name
- College name
Where did you come to know about GATE 2022?
What After Submission of GATE Application Form 2022?
After the submission of the application form, the applications received shall be scrutinized and verified to check whether all the details entered in GATE application form 2022 are correct or not. The uploaded documents are also checked.
- If everything is in order, then the applications are accepted.
- If not, then the defects in the application form are marked and are intimated to the candidates. Such candidates have to rectify the defects within the specified deadline.
- After the rectification of defects, the current status shall be updated after its receipt and scrutiny by the recpective zonal GATE offices.
- The status of the applications and defects will be conveyed to the candidates via SMS / Email. However, to check the status of the form, the candidates can login anytime at JOAPS portal.
It is advised to the candidates to quickly remove the defects in GATE 2022 application form and update it before the deadline. If any candidate fails to rectify the defects, then the application form of that candidate will be rejected and no further communication in this regard will be entertained.
GATE Application Form Correction 2022
After the payment of the application fee, the candidates can make changes in the following details:
- GATE 2022 additional paper
- Exam city
Additional payment will be applied if changes are to be made in category, exam city and exam paper after the submission of application form.
FAQs on GATE Registration 2022
Ans. You can now apply for GATE 2022. The registration has begun from September 02, 2021.
Ans. IIT Kharagpur will conduct GATE 2022.
Ans. You can do GATE 2022 registration at gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
Ans. To apply for GATE 2022, you need to first complete the registration process. Next, login and enter the details in the form. Then, upload the images and pay the application fee.
Ans. No, there is no age limit to appear for GATE 2022.
Ans. No, you cannot apply for GATE 2022 via offline mode. You have to fill the application form online only.
Ans. No, you are not required to send the hard copy of the application form to IIT Kharagpur.
Ans. No, only one application form has to be filled.
Ans. You can submit GATE 2022 application without a late fee till September 30, 2021.
Ans. To fill the application form, you need to have academic certificates and mark sheets, scanned images of photograph and signature, category certificate (if applicable), valid photo id proof, net banking details / credit card / debit card.
Ans. No, you are not required to upload EWS certificate while filling the application form.
Ans. In such a case, please login using enrolment id and password and take a printout.
Ans. The acceptable id documents are Aadhar-UID, Passport, PAN Card, Voter id and Driving License.
Ans. Yes, you can change your category after the submission of the form. This is applicable till 12 November 2021 only.
Ans. Yes, you can change the exam city till 12th November 2021 only.