GATE Application Form 2022 – Do the GATE 2022 registration and fill the exam application form here from GOAPS. The GATE 2022 application form is released by IIT Kharagpur (organizing institute) on the date and time decided by it. All candidates who wish to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2022) must submit the form before the last date. The steps to apply include registration at GATE Online Application Processing System at gate.iitkgp.ac.in, followed by filling up details in online application form, image and document upload, and fee payment. Get here GATE application form 2022 direct link to apply, date, last date, fees, documents required, and more.
GATE Application Form 2022
The GATE exam application form 2022 is expected to be released in September. Direct link to apply will be available then. Notice will be out in July, with registration dates.
Recommended: GATE Previous Year Question Papers
GATE 2022 Registration
The important things you should know about registration are as follows:
- Organizing institute i.e IIT Kharagpur releases GATE application form 2022.
- The GATE registration 2022 has to be done in online mode only. There is no offline mode for it.
- The official website for GATE exam online application form 2022 is expected to be gate.iitkgp.ac.in, which is yet to be launched.
- Candidates can then apply from the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) 2022. For which, URL is expected to be appsgate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- There are two last dates to fill and submit GATE application form 2022. One is the last date to submit form with normal fees. And the other is an extended last date, until which candidates can apply with late fee.
- Candidates must keep GATE 2022 registration id or the enrolment id, and password safely till end of the admission process.
GATE Registration 2022 Date
IIT Kharagpur will release the GATE 2022 notification in July. In the notification, they will announce the GATE 2022 application date, that will include date of release of application form, as well as last date.
Last year, the GATE exam application form was released on 11th September. Therefore this year also, the GATE application form 2022 is expected to be out in 1st or 2nd week of September.
The expected timeline for GATE 2022 application form is as follows.
|Release of GATE 2022 registration / application form and opening of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)||2nd week of September 2021|
|Last date to fill and submit GATE application form 2022 in regular mode (without late fee)||1st week of October 2021|
|Last date to fill and submit GATE application form 2022 in extended period (with late fee)||2nd week of October 2021|
|End of Intimation to Registered Candidates after First Round of Scrutiny by Zonal Office||Last week of October 2021|
|Re-opening of GOAPS Portal for Successfully Registered Candidates to change (One-time) Category / City / Exam Paper||Last week of October 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, City, Exam Paper||2nd week of November 2021|
|Re-opening of GOAPS Portal for Successfully Registered Candidates to make Final Corrections (One-time) in Contact Address, University/College Name and/or Degree Nomenclature, Name and/or Date of Birth||3rd week of November 2021|
|GATE 2021 correction window last date||Last week of November 2021|
|Last and Final Chance for City Correction in Application Form||2nd week of December 2021|
After these processes, IIT Kharagpur will release GATE admit card 2022.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Candidates can choose one or two papers in the application form. Last year’s application fee are given below. For this year, fee amount will be known in July / August.
|Categories||Regular Fee (Per Paper)||With Late Fee (Per Paper)|
|Indian National Candidates|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender/ Females-all categories||Rs. 750/-||Rs 1250/-|
|Foreign National Candidates|
|For Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu Test Centres||USD 50||USD 70|
|For Dubai and Singapore Test Centres||USD 100||USD 120|
Documents Required for GATE 2022 Registration
The list of documents and details that are required before filling the application form is given below:
|Documents||Format||Size in KB|
|Photograph||jpg/jpeg||Between 5 KB – 200 KB|
(3.5 cm X 4.5 cm)
Maximum size – 480 x 640 pixels
Minimum size – 240 x 320 pixels
|Signature||jpg/jpeg||Between 5 KB – 150 KB(Ratio- 1:3.25/3.75)|
Maximum size – 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum size – 80 x 280 pixels
|Photo ID||Between 10 KB – 300 KB|
|Eligibility Certificate||Between 10 KB – 300 KB|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||Between 10 KB – 300 KB|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||Between 10 KB – 300 KB|
|Dyslexia Certificate (if applicable)||Between 10 KB – 300 KB|
- The Colour photograph should be on white background.
- Should match with the candidate’s appearance on the exam day.
- Face should be exposed by looking into the camera and not be covered by Sunglasses (except power glasses), Caps, Hats, Coloured glasses etc.
- Minimum aspect ratio = 0.66; maximum aspect ratio = 0.89.
Scanned Signature Specification:
- Sign with black or dark blue colour ink only.
- The signature should be inside the rectangular box.
- The signature should be legible and clear.
These photograph, and signature will also appear in your GATE 2022 admit card.
How to Apply for GATE 2022?
To apply online candidates should follow the steps as given below:
Step-1: Do GATE 2022 Registration.
Step-2: Then login at GOAPS.
Step-3: After that fill the GATE 2022 Online Application
Step-4: Then upload documents in the exam application form.
Step-5: Finally, pay fee.
The steps are explained in detail below.
Step-1: Do GATE 2022 Registration
- Visit the official GOAPS portal or click on the link given on this page above.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- The registration form will open on the screen as shown below.
- Now enter the candidate’s name as first name, middle name and last name.
- Write the valid email ID and confirm the email ID again.
- Select the country of residence.
- Enter the valid mobile number.
- Now create the password and confirm the password.
- Then evaluate the arithmetic expression and place the value in the specified field.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Submit button.
- The auto-generated enrollment ID and Password will be sent to the candidates by mail and SMS.
Step-2: Then login at GOAPS
- Visit the GOAPS website again. The following page will open on the screen.
- Now enter the enrollment ID (which must be an email address) in the prescribed field.
- Then enter the password and click on the ‘Submit button.
Step-3: Fill the GATE 2022 Online Application
- By clicking on the submit button from the login page the candidates will land on the new page for exam details.
- Now select the number of papers you want to appear in GATE 2022.
- Select GATE 2022 paper 1 (Primary) choice.
- Choose your examination country.
- Choose 4 examination cities in preferences and click on ‘Save’ then ‘Next’ button.
- The candidates will be redirected to the new page for personal details as shown below.
- Some of the fields will be shown auto-filled as details given earlier.
- Now enter the date of birth, gender, nationality, category respectively.
- Disclose the disability or dyslexia status (if any).
- Select the country/state/UT name of permanent residence.
- Select a valid photo ID and enter the ID number.
- Write the name of the parent/guardian, their country of residence and their mobile number.
- Now click on ‘Save’ then ‘Next’ button.
- The new page for address details will open on the screen as shown below.
- Now enter the complete address for correspondence with the pin code.
- Then click on the ‘Save’ and ‘Next’ button.
- The new page for qualifying exam details will open on the screen as shown below.
- Now enter the college/university address with the country name and pin code.
- Then, enter the institute registration number or roll number.
- Now select the name of the qualifying degree and the discipline of the qualifying degree.
- Then disclose the pass/pursuing status of the qualifying degree.
- Then name the degree-awarding university and college.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Save’ and ‘Next’ button.
Step-4: Upload Documents Required for GATE Application Form 2022
- The new page for upload images will open on the screen as shown below.
- Now upload the scanned images of colour photograph, signature, photo ID and PwD/Category/Dyslexia certificates (if required) one by one by clicking on the ‘Choose File’.
- Now click on the ‘Save and View Application’ button followed by a click on the ‘Review & Submit’ button.
Step-5: Fee Payment for GATE 2022 Application Form
- Lastly, the candidates will land over the payment page as shown below.
- The payment options will open on the screen.
- Follow the payment instructions and click on the ‘Make Payment’ button.
- The payment can be made by net banking/ debit card/ credit card/ UPI wallets.
- After payment, candidates will be able to download the filled application form.
Keep your login credentials safely as you will need them to download your GATE 2022 admit card.
GATE 2022 Application Correction
The authority will scrutinize the filled and submitted application form at their level. The authority will check the details, particulars and uploaded images as these are correct or not.
If all details found to be corrected then the application will be accepted. Otherwise, the authority will intimate the candidates about such corrections through their mailbox or SMS.
The candidates will be allowed to make the changes in the stipulated time. The changes can be made by the GOAPS login on providing the enrollment ID and password.
Candidates should correct the particulars and submit the application form again. The application form status can be checked by the candidates after submission of the application form.
FAQs on GATE Application Form 2022
Ans: It is expected that the IIT Kharagpur may release the GATE application form.
Ans: The GATE registration can be made at the GOAPS website.
Ans: The GOAPS is GATE Online Application Processing System which is designed for providing the application platform for GATE and JAM exams.
Ans: The application form can be filled in online mode.
Ans: The enrollment ID and password is required to GOAPS login.