|Details - GATE 2022, Notification, Exam Date, Registration, Correction, Admit Card, Login, Result|
|Preparation - Previous Years Question Papers with Answers|
GATE 2022 – The application form will be available from August 30, 2021. Last date to apply for GATE 2021 till September 24, 2021. IIT Kharagpur has announced GATE 2022 exam date. The exam will be held on February 5, 6, 12 and 13, 2022. Apart from this, 2 new papers for GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering) have been added in GATE. Now, there are 29 subjects papers in total.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the national level engineering entrance exam for admission in Masters in engineering, science, technology, architecture, as well as Doctoral degree in relevant engineering, science, art, commerce programs. Also, recruitment in various PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) jobs are on basis of it. Get here complete details on GATE 2022 exam date, registration, syllabus, exam pattern, application form, preparation, and more.
Latest News Stories on GATE 2022 Exam
29 July 2021: GATE 2022 Exam Dates Announced; IIT KGP To Hold Exam on 5, 6, 12, 13 February. Read More
24 July 2021: GATE 2022 Notification, Registration Soon – Why We Expect Announcement Tomorrow. Read More
28 May 2021: GATE 2022 Organizing Institute, New Chairman, Papers Announced; Notification Likely To Release in July. Read More.
28 May 2021: GATE Counselling COAP 2021 Round 1 Result announced, coap.iitd.ac.in down – Accept & Freeze, Retain, Reject Options Explained. Read More.
- GATE 2022 notification is likely to be released in July. It will contain exam date, eligibility, papers, changes, application date, official website, exam centers.
- GATE 2022 exam date – 4, 5, 11, 12 and 13 February 2022.
- Official website of GATE exam 2022 – gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- GATE 2022 application date – 30 August 2021.
- GATE syllabus 2022– No change is expected in syllabus this time. Check paper wise syllabus here.
GATE 2022 Exam Overview
The exam can be understood by the summary table as given below:
|Name of the Exam||GATE 2022|
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organising Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|Level of Exam||National-Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a Year|
|Minimum Eligibility||3-year Graduation Degree in relevant discipline|
|Application Mode||Online Mode through GOAPS 2022|
|Application Fee||1500/- Rs (750/- for reserved and female candidates)|
Rs. 500/- additional for late application
|Purpose of GATE 2022 exam||Admission in M.Tech. / Ph.D. in Engg., Tech., Sci., Arch.; and PSU recruitment 2022 through GATE|
|Exam Mode||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|No. of Questions||65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Syllabus||GA (General Aptitude) + Subject (Chosen)|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Validity of GATE Scorecard||3 years from the date of declaration of Result|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|No. of Subjects (Papers)||27 Subjects (Papers)|
GATE 2022 Exam Date
IIT KGP has announced the exam date and rest of the schedule for the GATE exam 2022.
The important schedule is as follows.
|Release of GATE 2022 registration, application form||30 Aug 2021|
|Last date of regular period for online registration / application||24 Sep 2021|
|Last date of extended period for online registration / application||01 Oct 2021|
|End of intimation to registered candidates after first round of scrutiny by zonal office||to be announced|
|GATE 2022 correction / edit window for category / city / exam paper||to be announced|
|GATE 2022 correction / edit window for contact address, university / college name and/or degree nomenclature, name, date of birth||to be announced|
|Last and Final Chance for City Correction in Application Form||12 Nov 2021|
|GATE 2022 admit card release date||03 Jan 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam Date and Time||4, 5, 11, 12 and 13 Feb 2022|
|Release of candidates response sheet||3rd week of Feb 2022|
|Issuance of official answer key||Last week of Feb 2022|
|Challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||1st week of Mar 2022|
|Declaration of GATE result 2022||17 Mar 2021|
|Scorecard is available on GOAPS Portal for eligible candidates||4th week of Marc to Last week of Jun 2022|
|GATE 2022 Scorecard is available (by paying 500) on GOAPS Portal for eligible candidates||1st week of July 2022 to Last week of Dec 2022|
|Scorecard will not be available after||1st week of Jan 2023|
GATE Exam Papers
There will be 29 papers in GATE 2022.
There will be two new papers – (1) naval architecture and marine engineering, and (2) geomatics engineering.
The offered disciplines (GATE 2022 papers and codes based on 2021 exam) and respective codes are given below including the features for some specific courses:
GATE 2022 Registration
The GATE exam 2022 registration will be available in September.
GATE 2022 registration and application form will be released in online mode.
The application process will include registration, login, filling the application form, uploading the required images, payment of application fee and downloading the confirmation page.
- Candidates will have to register online at GOAPS (GATE Online Application Process System). In order to register, one has to provide name, email ID, mobile number and a chosen password. The authority will allot an enrollment ID to the candidates by email or SMS.
- The enrolled ID and the chosen password will be considered as login credentials. Whenever the candidates need to access the login, they must enter these credentials in the prescribed fields of the login window.
- Applicants will have to fill the application form by providing the required details in the application form and uploading the scanned images of photograph, signature, category certificate and other specific details or documents.
- Then the candidates will be required to pay the application fee. The fee can be remitted through the electronic payment method by using the cards/net banking and wallets.
- In the end, candidates should download the confirmation page of the GATE 2022 application form.
The GATE application form 2022 will be scrutinized by the authority, if any defect is found, candidates will be intimated by their provided mail ID and contact number (through SMS). Candidates will be able to access the application form to correct and submit it again. The application status can be checked by the candidates after submitting the form.
The application fee was as follows last year. This year’s fee amount will be available when the brochure is released.
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the GATE 2022 exam. The detailed eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidates who have completed a government-approved graduation (Undergraduate Degree) programme are eligible to apply.
- Also, candidates who are pursuing the 3rd or higher year of a government-approved graduation (Undergraduate Degree) programme are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who should have passed or pursued the UG degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts are eligible to apply.
- There is no provision of any upper or lower age limits to apply for GATE.
The summarized criteria can be referred from the table given below:
Note – The table below was for GATE 2021 exam. Therefore add +1 to the year of completion to know the expected year of completion for GATE 2022.
GATE 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for GATE exam 2022 will different for each paper. Click here to check
- Number of papers: The exam will be organized into 27 papers out of which candidates can choose one or two papers to appear for the test.
- Language of question paper: The exam will be held in the English language only.
- Duration: The exam will be held for a 3-hour duration.
- Number of questions: There will be a total of 65 questions in each paper.
- Maximum marks: The exam will carry a total of 100 marks.
- Mode: Exams will be held in CBT (computer-based test) mode only.
- Types of questions: The exam will consist of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions) and NAT (Numerical Answer Type) questions.
- Marks: All questions will carry either 1 or 2 marks for the correct answer.
- Marking Scheme: There is negative marking in only MCQs questions as for the 1-mark question, ⅓ mark will be deducted and for the 2-mark question, ⅔ mark will be deducted.
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Section||General Aptitude (GA) and Candidate Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs),|
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ),
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Design of Questions||Application|
Analysis and synthesis
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||All correct answer will be awarded 1 or 2 marks,|
⅓ or ⅔ marks will be deducted in MCQs.
GATE 2022 Admit Card
The GATE exam 2022 admit card can be downloaded before exam.
- The GATE 2022 admit card release date will be a few days before the exam date.
- Candidates will be available to download their admit cards at GOAPS.
- In order to login to the GOAPS, candidates have to login at GOAPS with their enrollment ID and password.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates should take printout of the issued admit card and carry that to the exam hall along with the original photo ID which was specified during the application form filling process.
GATE 2022 Answer Key
The answer key of GATE exam 2022 can be checked after exam.
- GATE 2022 answer key contains questions asked in exam, with the correct answers.
- Just after the exam, unofficial, memory based questions with answers of GATE 2022 exam are made available. These are published by coaching centers. Candidates should refer to them only to get an idea of the answers.
- After that, IIT KGP releases official answer key. First, provisional answer key is published with response sheet.
- The answer key are released paper-wise and code-wise.
- Candidates can submit challenges against the answer key during the period earmarked for it.
- After reviewing the objections, authorities will release the final GATE answer key 2022, with results.
- The question papers and answer key can be downloaded through the separate links but the responses can be checked through the candidate login.
GATE 2022 Result
The GATE 2022 result is expected to be announced in 3rd week of March.
- After the evaluation of the final answer key, the GATE 2022 result will be released. The result can be seen on the GOAPS portal.
- To check results, candidates have to login to GOAPS with their enrollment ID and password.
- First, IIT KGP declares whether candidate has qualified or not. And then, the score card is issued.
GATE 2022 Scorecard
- Candidates will be able to download their GATE scorecard in the last week of March 2022.
- Only those who qualify, get the score card.
- The process of downloading score card is same as checking results. That is to login to the GOAPS.
- Score card will contain scores obtained in exam.
Calculation of Normalized Marks for Multi-Session Papers:
Calculation of GATE Score for All Papers:
FAQs on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022
Ans. GATE 2022 is a national level exam, held by the IITs and IISc, for the purpose of determining eligibility and ranking for ME/ M.Tech, PhD admissions. Several engineering colleges across the country accept GATE scores for PG admissions. In addition, PSUs also offer recruitment on the basis of the scores of this exam.
Expected exam date for GATE 2022 to be Saturdays and Sundays of 1st, 2nd week of February, i.e. 4, 5, 11, 12 February 2022.
GATE 2022 notification is likely to be released in July. It will contain exam date, eligibility, papers, changes, application date, official website, exam centers. It is expected to start in September.
No change is expected in syllabus this time, as the syllabus was revised last year only. Addition of new paper is possible, as each year new paper is added in the exam. Any changes will be announced with the details of GATE 2021.
Ans. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Ans. GATE score is required for seeking admission in Master/Doctor programmes in Engineering / Science / Arts / Technology / Architecture fields. Also, it is considered for PSU recruitment.
Ans. IIT Kharagpur will conduct GATE 2022. The GATE exam is conducted on the behalf of GATE NCB (National Coordination Board), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India.
Ans. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted once a year.
Ans. The exam will be held as a CBT (Computer Based Test).
Ans. The application will be released in the 2nd week of September 2021.
Ans. Candidates must have passed or appeared in 3rd or higher year in Undergraduate degree programme.
Ans. GATE 2022 will be held for 29 subject papers. Candidates can choose any two papers for the exam.
Ans. GATE will be a computer based test. There will be 65 questions of 100 marks. The question paper will comprise objective type questions including the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. Questions will be asked from GA, and subject specific topics.
Ans. There is no age limit to appear for this test.
Ans. The application fee is Rs. 1500/- (per paper) for all and Rs. 750/- for reserved and female candidates, as per last year.
Ans. The GATE score card is valid for the 3 years.
Official website of last year – gate.iitb.ac.in.