|Details - GATE 2022, Notification, Exam Date, Registration, Correction, Admit Card, Login, Result|
|Preparation - Previous Years Question Papers with Answers|
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction – Candidates can access the GATE 2022 application correction window link, after the submission of the application form. IIT Kharagpur is responsible for conducting GATE 2022 admissions. The form correction process takes place online on its official website. Hence, candidates who have submitted the GATE application form will be able to correct it. So, in the form correction process, the applicants have to make changes that have been marked an error by the authority. The GATE 2022 application form correction link remains active for a limited time. So, in this article, candidates can check complete details regarding GATE Form Correction. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction Date
IIT Kharagpur will release the schedule of the form correction on its official website. This year, the application form process began on September 02, 2021. So, here we have mentioned the schedule of the GATE application form 2022.
|Release of GATE 2022 registration / application form and opening of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)||02 Sep 2021|
|Last date to fill and submit GATE application form 2022 in regular mode (without late fee)|
|Last date to fill and submit GATE application form 2022 in extended period (with late fee)||01 Oct 2021|
|Display of defective applications||26 Oct 2021|
|last date to rectify the details||01 Nov 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, City, Exam Paper (an additional fee will be applicable)||12 Nov 2021|
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction Fee
The candidates have to pay the GATE 2022 application form fee if they change the following things in the application form:
- Subject paper
- PwD status
- Dyslexic status
The changes and the fee applicable to those changes is shown in the table below as per last year and only for references:
|Description of Changes / Modifications||Fee Charges|
|Change in choice of examination cities||No charges|
|Change of existing paper||Rs. 500|
|Add a second paper (from given combinations with respect to the primary paper)||Rs, 500 + suitable amount per paper for the candidate’s category|
|Change of gender to female||Rs, 500|
|Change of gender from female to any other gender||Rs. 500 + Rs. 750 = 1250|
|Change of category to SC/ST||Rs. 500|
|Change of category from SC/ST to any other||Rs. 500 + Rs. 750 = 1250|
|Change from Non-PwD to PwD||Rs. 500|
|Change from PwD to Non-PwD||Rs. 500 + Rs. 750 = 1250|
|Any other change in category (not mentioned above)||Rs. 500|
Particulars that can be changed in GATE 2022 Application Form Correction
Applicants can make the following changes in the correction form of GATE 2022.
- Gender – Candidates can check their Gender. Also, the applicants must note that the fee amount is not refunded. In fact, the candidate has to pay the additional charges.
- Category- Similarly, the applicants can correct their category if submitted wrong. He/she has to pay the difference amount.
- PWD Status – Candidates will be able to change their status but will not get the fees refund.
- Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities.
- Examination City
- Exam Paper
- Parent’s name/Guardian Name
How to edit the GATE Application Form 2022 after submission?
The mode to correct the GATE 2022 application form takes place online. However, the corrections have to be made before the deadline date. Candidates who have submitted the form successfully can only edit the errors in the form. So, the procedure of the form correction are as follows-
Step 1: Firstly, visit the official website of GATE – gate.iitd.ac.in
Step 2: Then log in using the enrollment number or e-mail id and password.
Step 3: Soon after submitting the details, the correction facility will open on the screen. Click on the link for ‘change personal date and exam city’.
Step 4: After following the step mentioned above, the submitted GATE 2022 application form will open. Next, edit the details in the form and click on the ‘submit changes’ button to save the edited details.
Step 6: Click on confirm to submit the form.
Lastly, download GATE 2022 Application Form Correction PDF for future reference.
How to Know if Corrections in GATE 2022 Application Form are Done Successfully?
To check if the corrections have been save or not, the applicants need to check the status of GATE 2022 application form. The candidates can check their status by logging into the GOAPS portal.
- If the status says, “your application is found to be in order and has been accepted”, then, it has been accepted and changes have been saved successfully.
- If the status says, “your status is under scrutiny”, it means it is still under scrutiny and the status will be changed soon.
Image Specifications for GATE 2022 Application Form
Besides the details entered in the form, the candidates need to check the images uploaded in GATE 2022 application form. Check whether they have been uploaded in the correct format, size etc. Candidates can check the image specifications for GATE 2022 application form given below.
|Documents||Format||Size and Dimensions|
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG||Dimension – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
Size – 240 x 230 pixels (minimum),
480 x 640 pixels (maximum)
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||Dimension – 2 cm x 7 cm|
Size – 80 x 280 pixels (minimum), 160 x 560
|Eligibility document (if applicable)||10 KB – 500 KB|
|Category certificate (if applicable)||10 KB – 300 KB|
|Dyslexic certificate (if applicable)||10 KB – 300 KB|
|PwD certificate (if applicable)||10 KB – 300 KB|
- The photograph must be coloured. It should not be in the portrait mode or clicked via mobile phones.
- The background of the photograph must be either white or of a light colour.
- The face of the applicant must occupy at least 35% of the area of the photograph.
- The main features of the face like eyes, forehead, nose, and chin must be clearly visible.
- The photograph clicked must be without hat / cap.
- The person in the photograph must be facing the camera directly.
- The spectacles if worn by the applicant regularly are acceptable. However, the glasses worn must not be dark coloured or tinted.
- The face of the applicant must not be covered with any type of clothing.
- To do the signature, take a plain white sheer and draw a rectangular box of 2 cm x 7 cm. Then, with the black or blue pen, sign in that box.
- 70% to 80% of the area inside the box must be covered with the signature.
- The signature in the form and GATE admit card 2022 must match with the signature that candidates will do in the examination hall.
- The signature must not be done in capital letters.
How to check the status of the GATE Application Form 2022?
Soon after the submission of the GATE form, the authorities examine and verify the authenticity of the details. In case there are any mistakes or any discrepancies, the candidates are contacted by the zonal authorities through their registered contact details i.e., email address or mobile number. Candidates can also check the status by logging into the GOAPS website. Rectification of the details has to be done by the candidates before the final date which will be specified by the authorities.
How to retrieve the GATE 2022 Enrollment Number and Password?
To retrieve the enrollment Id or Number, the applicant has to use their registered e-mail id and valid password. Later, the enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate through SMS. Similarly, if the password is forgotten, then the candidates can use their enrolment number and email address to receive the password. An OTP will be sent through SMS. Then reset the password using the OTP.
So, these are the complete details regarding GATE 2022 application form correction. If there is any query then please comment below.
Check details on: GATE 2022 result.
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction FAQs
Ans: Yes the candidates who register for GATE 2022 can edit the application form. The application form correction window opens separately for this purpose. In this window, a last chance is provided to the candidates to edit / correct any details in the GATE 2022 application form.
Ans: No, unfortunately, the mobile number and email id cannot be changed once the GATE 2022 application form is submitted.
Ans: Yes the candidates can change the exam cities in the application form correction window. This facility was available last free of cost.
Ans: The details that can be changed against payment of the application fee are choice of exam centers, change of the existing papers, adding of papers, gender change, and category changes.
Ans: To edit the details in GATE 2022 application form, you need to login into the GOAPS portal.
Ans: Yes you can change the category in the GATE 2022 application form correction process.
Ans: No you cannot apply for GATE 2022 now. The application process is yet to start.