|GATE 2021||Admit Card||Login|
|Answer Key||Result||Response Sheet|
|Score Calculators, Rank Predictor||PSU Recruitment||Rank vs Marks vs Score|
For your last lap of preparations, GATE 2021 sample paper are here to download. From here you can download GATE sample papers for all subject papers, i.e. CE, IN, CY, PH, AR, BM, AE, MN, EE, GG, AG, EY, EC, PE, ES, ST, PI, CS, MA, BT, CH, TF, XE, XL, ME, XH, MT. The sample papers are available as a pdf. These help you to understand the exam pattern and syllabus, and be prepared to face the paper on the exam day of GATE 2021.
You can either go through the paper from here and practice at once, or download it from the links below and use later. Along with sample papers, you can also access mock test, syllabus, previous year sample papers, etc. is also given below. Scroll down!
GATE 2021 Sample Paper
From the table below download the sample papers of GATE 2021:
More Study Material for GATE 2021
Importance of GATE Sample Papers
The sample paper of GATE 2021 is an important resource. Here is why:
- The sample papers might not have the exact questions to be asked in the exam, but these papers are prepared based on the analysis of the previous year GATE papers.
- These papers thus have questions that can be asked in the upcoming GATE exam.
- Sample papers have a variety of questions in one place. Therefore, solving more and more questions every day will help you get used to solving various types of questions.
- They can be used to understand the type of questions asked in the exam and develop a familiarity with the difficulty level of the exam.
- Also, the sample papers can help you analyse your strengths and weaknesses so that you can focus on weak areas to improve your preparation for the exam.
Best Way To Use Sample Papers
The best way to use the sample paper is:
1st step: Solve the sample paper in a time bound manner. Since the GATE exam is of 3 hours, try to solve the entire paper in 2.5 hours while practicing.
2nd step: Crosscheck the answers, check how many you have marked correctly.
3rd step: Analyse the performance. Figure out which are the topics that you have got wrong.
4th step: Based on the analysis figure out your strengths and weaknesses.
5th step: Now, revise so as to recover from the weak chapters and polish the strong topics.
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
It is important that a candidate must be well aware of the structure of the exam. Check the GATE exam pattern below:
- Mode of the exam: The exam is held as a Computer-based test.
- Duration of exam: The total duration of the exam is 03 hours.
- Language of the test: The exam is held in English only.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Number of Questions: The total number of questions in the exam is 65.
- Total Marks: The maximum marks in the exam is 100 Marks.
10 questions in the exam are from from GA, whereas, 55 questions are from Subject paper.
MCQs are those questions for which multiple answer options are given and 1 is correct.
MSQs are those questions where more than 1 option is correct out of all the options.
NAT questions are those questions which candidates need to solve and answer enter answer manually, with the help of virtual numeric keypad.
- GATE 2021 Marking Scheme – Candidates can check the marking scheme for GATE 2021 from the table below:
|Type of questions||Negative Marking|
|MCQs and MSQs|
– 1/3rd Mark will be deducted for 1 mark question
– 2/3rd Mark will be deducted for 2 mark question
|NATs||No negative marking|
GATE 2021 is the national level engineering entrance exam for admission to PG programs M.Tech, ME, Ph.D. . Qualifying candidates of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) can apply for IIT admission, CCMT counselling, or PSU recruitment. The exam is conducted jointly by IISC Bangalore and 7 IITs of the nation on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Government of India. GATE 2021 is being held for 27 subjects papers and by IIT Bombay.
GATE 2021 Sample Paper FAQs
Of course, the syllabus is prescribed by the conducting bodies and therefore the questions asked in the exam are from the syllabus itself.
No, the sample papers are for practice, The wholesome preparation for GATE is to be done with the help of books, mock tests, previous year papers, notes, etc.
The difficulty level is high. The pass percentage is 15 to 17% in this exam. Therefore the candidates must prepare for the exam as soon as possible.