|GATE 2021||Admit Card||Login|
|Answer Key||Result||Response Sheet|
|Score Calculators, Rank Predictor||PSU Recruitment||Rank vs Marks vs Score|
The GATE 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on 06, 07, 13, and 14 February 2021. A total of 8,82,684 candidates have applied for this national level entrance exam which leads to admission to M.Tech, ME, M.Arch in IITs, NITs, and a plethora of other colleges, besides being the gateway for recruitment to PSUs.
On one hand IIT Bombay recently released the admit card for GATE at GOAPS, confirming that from their end, the exam will be held as per schedule. On the other hand, from the candidates, demand to delay GATE is continuously rising. Candidates are increasingly expressing their concerns over social media, and even writing to competent authorities to look into the matter. . Along with GATE 2021, students are protesting against the conduct of JAM 2021 which is slated to be held on February 14, 2021. So, will IIT postpone GATE 2021 or not? Let us see the possibilities, and latest updates.
GATE 2021 Postponed Or Not?
There are 4 major reasons why students are demanding delay of GATE 2021 and these are:
- Students who are in the final year of their BE/BTech degree have their full semester postponed.
- With a delay in the last academic session, the time for preparation has been reduced a lot.
- If the attempts of JEE Main 2021 can be increased to 4 times a year, why not GATE?
- Lastly, COVID-19 pandemic situation is still scary.
Due to these major concerns, students all over India are uniting via social media platforms to push back GATE 2021 exam date.
Students have also created a petition on change.org for “Postponement of GATE 2021 due to Pandemic situation.” Until now, around 6,600 have signed the petition and everyday the number is increasing.
The petition reads:
” We, as a unit, request you (The GATE 2021 Authorities, IIT Bombay) to postpone the exam for at least 25-30 days and save our year.”
The candidates united on Twitter on January 18, 2021, to seek postponement of the exam by 2 to 3 months with the hashtag “#postponegate2021 and also #postponejam2021.
So Far, GATE 2021 Is Not Postponed
Dear candidates, unless IIT Bombay issues any official notice for postponement of the exam, the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering will be held as per the schedule below:
|GATE Date||Session 1|
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
|06 Feb 2021||CE-1, IN, CY||CE-2, PH, AR, BM, AE, MN|
|07 Feb 2021||EE, GG, AG||EY, EC, PE, ES, ST, PI|
|13 Feb 2021||CS-1, MA, BT, CH, TF||CS-2, XE, XL|
|14 Feb 2021||ME-1, XH||ME-2, MT|
Will IIT Bombay Postpone GATE 2021?
This is totally dependent on the authorities. However, now that the GATE admit card has been issued, it seems that IIT Bombay is not be willing to postpone the exams. However, looking at the rising protests from the students there is a very slight chance that IIT-B might postpone the exam.
IIT Bombay Releases GATE 2021 Exam Day Video Guide
IIT Bombay is prepared to conduct the exam as per the schedule. Thus they have released an exam day video and also released guidelines with the admit card, which are as follows:
Here are some important instructions for GATE 2021 candidates for the exam day:
- A printed copy of the GATE 2021 Admit Card must be presented for verification along with the original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo identification proof.
- Candidates must report to the examination venue at least 60 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of the examination.
- CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO login 30 minutes after the start of the exam.
- Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, transparent water bottle, and a pocket-size hand sanitizer. Without proper face MASK in place, the entry of the candidate in the examination center shall be PROHIBITED. MASK must be in proper position throughout the candidate’s presence in the examination hall.
- Before entry to the examination centre, the centre officials may assess the health condition of the candidate. All candidates MUST adhere to the COVID-related protocols in compliance with the orders and directives of the Government of India and local directives.
- As per Govt. order, any candidate who is Covid-19 positive or has any other infectious disease, MUST NOT come out of home/hospital; and hence the entry for such candidate will be DENIED. Asymptomatic candidates, if any, who have a temperature higher than 99.4oF, will be taken to the ISOLATION area for the examination.
- On the exam day, the candidate must NOT have COVID symptoms, NOT in quarantine, and was NOT in close contact with any COVID patient during the last fortnight.
What to Carry with GATE 2021 Admit Card?
The candidates have to take the below given things with GATE 2021 admit card:
- GATE admit card 2021 and valid original ID card as selected in the application form. ID card for Indian national can be Aadhaar-UID, PAN Card, Passport, College ID, Voter ID, Driving License, Employee ID. For the foreign nationals the ID cards allowed are Passport / Government issued ID / College ID / Employee ID.
- Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, transparent water bottle, and pocket-size hand sanitizer.
- PWD candidates can carry Assistive devices like Abacus, Braille slate, Wheelchair, etc. PwD candidates have to arrange and bring these items on their own to the exam hall.
GATE will be computer based test of 3 hours for 27 subjects, with 10 questions on GA and 85 on subject-specific syllabus. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the national level engineering entrance exam for admission to PG programs M.Tech, ME, PhD. In addition, the scores of GATE exam are also used for recruitment in PSUs.