|GATE 2021||Syllabus||Previous Year Qs Papers||Mock Test|
|Login||Admit Card||Answer Key||Response Sheet||Result|
GATE 2021 Admit Card
GATE admit card 2021 will be available for download from 08 January 2021. The time at which IIT Bombay will release the hall ticket on that date is not known as of now. It can be released anytime during the day at GOAPS. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 is scheduled to be held on six dates namely 5, 6, 7, 12, 13 and 14 February 2021.
- IIT Bombay will release GATE 2021 Admit Card in online mode at the official website gate.iitb.ac.in.
- Those who have registered for the exam will be able to download the hall ticket through the candidate login (GOAPS) at appsgate.iitb.ac.in.
- Candidates have to login with application number and password.
- It is compulsory to carry the admit card with one original copy of the photo ID proof.
Important Dates for GATE 2021 Admit Card
|GATE Admit Card 2021||Important Dates (Announced)|
|GATE 2021 admit card release date||08 Jan 2021|
|Time of release of GATE 2021 admit card||Anytime during the day |
(High chances of either 10 AM or 5 PM)
|Exam Dates||5, 6, 7, 12, 13 and 14 Feb 2021|
|Result declaration||22 Mar 2021|
Direct Link to Download GATE Admit Card 2021
Candidates can download GATE 2021 admit card as per schedule from appsgate.iitb.ac.in.
GATE 2021 Admit Card Release Expected Time
There is no specified time as on when the GATE admit card is released. However, candidates can have a look at the past year’s admit card release time to get an idea.
Last year IIT Delhi released the admit card of GATE exam on the scheduled date (January 3, 2020) at 7 PM. Lets check, admit card release time for the previos few years:
|Year||GATE Admit Card Release Date||GATE Admit Card Release Time|
|2020||3 Jan||7 PM|
|2019||4 Jan||4:30 PM|
|2018||4 Jan||8:30 PM|
|2017||5 Jan||12 noon|
Login Credentials Required To Download GATE 2021 Admit Card
All candidates only the following details to login. Then they can download their admit cards for GATE exam.
- Enrollment ID or Email ID – Check the PDF or printout of your application form to see your enrolment ID. Even if you do not have access to it, do not worry. You can use email ID instead.
- Password – You cannot see the password anywhere in the form. The password is supposed to be safe and secure and something you selected yourself. Therefore you cannot actually access your password. The only thing to do in case you do not remember is to reset use the forgot password option.
How to Download GATE 2021 Admit Card?
The GATE admit card releases at the candidate login only. To download the hall ticket, follow the following steps.
Step 1 – Either go to gate.iitb.ac.in, and then click the GOAPS link. OR click on the direct link available above.
Step 2 – After following the step given above, GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) will appear on the screen. Here, the candidates need to access the login by entering Enrollment id / e-mail id, password and security code.
Step 4 – After entering all the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 5 – The dashboard gets open and students can download the admit card by clicking on the blue “Download Admit Card” button.
Forgot Enrolment ID / Password – How To Retrieve Them?
To download the GATE 2021 admit card, the candidates need their enrollment id and password. In case, the candidates forget their login credentials, he/she can follow the steps given below to get the credentials back.
How to recover the enrollment id of GATE?
- In case a candidate forgets their enrollment id then they can also use e-mail id to open the Gate Online Application Processing System.
- Apart from this, the enrollment id is also given in the application form confirmation page.
- At the time of registration, enrollment id was also sent at the candidate’s e-mail address.
How to recover GATE 2021 password?
Step 1 – Visit the official GOAPS website and then click on the “Forgot Enrollment Id and Password” button, as shown below:
Step 2: Candidates are then redirected to another page, in which they need to select any of the following:
- If you remember the enrollment Id or Email and have forgotten the password, you can receive an OTP via the Email or SMS.
- If you already have an OTP then click on the OTP option.
Step 3 – In case a candidate select option 1, then
- New pages open and candidates are required to enter Mobile Number and Enrollment ID / Email Address.
If a student selects option 2, then:
- They password can be reset by entering Enrollment ID / Email Address, One Time Password, New Password, Confirm New Password.
Step 4 – After completing the steps given above, the password can be retrieved.
PwD Candidates and Scribe Related Guidelines for GATE 2021
The candidates can check below the important instructions for the candidates who need scribe for exam:
- A Person with a benchmark Disability (PwD) / Dyslexic candidate has the option of availing scribe assistance during the GATE 2021 examination. However, the request for the same is to be made while filling the online application form of GATE 2021.
- The candidates have the option to either arrange their own scribe or request GATE authority to arrange for a panel of scribes.
- The scribes cannot translate / interpret / emphasize the Test Paper Contents to the Candidate.
- Also, the Scribe must not be a candidate for a test paper in GATE 2021.
- The qualification of the Scribe arranged by GATE will NOT be more than the minimum eligibility criteria of GATE.
Candidates with Scribe can avail a compensatory time of one additional hour (20 minutes per hour of examination) at a stretch for the three-hour GATE examination.
What is an Invalid GATE 2021 Admit Card?
The GATE 2021 admit card is said to be invalid if there is no signature or photograph printed on it, or the photograph / signature on it is blurred. If there are such errors in the admit card, the candidate must report to the GATE authorities as per the contact details given at GOAPS.
Details Given on GATE 2021 Admit Card
The details mentioned on the GATE 2021 Admit Card are the following:
- Name of the examination
- Candidate’s name
- Exam date
- Day of exam
- Registration number
- Timings of the exam
- GATE subject paper
- Exam centre address
- Code of the exam centre
- Digital signature
- Photograph the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Signature of GATE chairman
- General instructions for the candidate
Sample of GATE admit card is as follows:
What to Carry with GATE 2021 Admit Card?
It is essential to carry the following things to the exam hall.
1. A good quality print out of GATE 2021 admit card
2. One valid ID proof (see list below)
Valid Id Proof: Along with the admit card, candidates also need to carry one govt. approved id proof. It can be any of the following.
|Candidate Type||IDs Allowed|
|Indian Candidates||– Aadhaar-UID|
– College ID
– Driving License
– Employee ID
– PAN card
– Voter ID
|International candidates||– Passport|
– Government issued ID
– College ID
– Employee ID
Note: Soft copy of the admit card is not accepted in the exam hall.
Should the admit card printout be color or black and white?
As per IIT Bombay, the print out should be clear and on an A4 size paper. It is not compulsory to be colored, but it is preferred.
Things not to carry to the exam center
The candidates are not allowed to carry the following items to the exam hall on the day of the examination.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices
- Bags, wallets, etc.
- Calculators (Scientific or any other)
- Charts, graph sheets, tables etc.
Bell Timings: GATE is held over a period of several days and for a few papers, multiple shifts are assigned for the examination. Usually, GATE has 2 sessions each day – forenoon session and afternoon sessions. Check the table given below to know about the different sessions:
|Events||Forenoon Session||Afternoon Session|
|Reporting time||8:30 am||1:30 pm|
|Occupying seats||8:50 am||1:50 pm|
|Logging into system||9:10 am||2:10 pm|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 am||2:30 pm|
|Deadline to enter the exam hall||10:00 am||3:00 pm|
|Exam ends||12:30 pm||5:30 pm|
Exam Day Guidelines
The candidates need to follow the instructions given below on the day of the examination.
- Candidates must report to the exam centre on time. Otherwise they will not be permitted to enter the exam hall.
- No candidates shall be permitted to leave the exam centre.
- It is advisable to check the exam centre location a day before exam so that there is no confusion on the exam day to reach the center.
- At the exam hall candidates have to go through biometric verification and thus all candidates are advised to avoid mehendi, heena or tattoo on the fingertips.
- After the closing of reporting time, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- No one should bring any sort of paper, graph or sheets to the exam centre.
- All candidates will get a scribble pad to do rough work in exam centre. It has to be returned at the end of the examination to invigilator.
GATE 2021 Mock Tests
To prepare for GATE 2021, the candidates can access the mock test links given below. AgalSem is providing subject wise free mock test of GATE. Simply access it from the link below.
|Subject paper||GATE mock test|
|GATE – CH||Start now|
|GATE – CE||Start now|
|GATE – BT||Start now|
|GATE – AR||Start now|
|GATE – AG||Start now|
|GATE – TF||Start now|
|GATE – PI||Start now|
|GATE – PH||Start now|
|GATE – MT||Start now|
|GATE – MN||Start now|
|GATE – ME||Start now|
|GATE – MA||Start now|
|GATE – IN||Start now|
|GATE – GG||Start now|
|GATE – EE||Start now|
|GATE – ECE||Start now|
|GATE – CSE||Start now|
|GATE – ST||Start now|
|GATE – PE||Start now|
|GATE – CY||Start now|
|GATE – AE||Start now|
About GATE 2021 Exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level engineering entrance examination held annually by IITs and IISc Bangalore. On the basis of the exam, admission is granted in M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / Ph.D courses. The score of GATE is also used for PSU recruitment.
This year there has been an addition of 2 new subject papers in the exam ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences).
|Mode||GATE is a computer-based test|
|Duration||The duration of the exam is 3 hours|
|No. of questions||Total 65 questions (10 from GA and 55 from subject)|
|Type of questions (Change from last year!)||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Marking scheme||– 1 and 2 mark questions.|
– Negative marking for 1 mark questions is -1/3, and for 2 mark MCQs it is -2/3.
– There is no negative marking in NAT and MSQ type questions.
Books Recommended for GATE 2021
Check the books given below in order to prepare for GATE 2021.
|GATE Civil Engineering ( Comprehensive Theory Book + Test Series) for GATE 2021||Buy now|
|GATE Electrical Engineering ( Comprehensive Theory Book + Test Series) for GATE 2021||Buy now|
|GATE General Aptitude & Engineering Mathematics||Buy now|
|A Handbook of Engineering Mathematics||Buy now|
|GATE – Topic-wise Previous Solved Papers – 33 Years’ Solved Papers||Buy now|
GATE 2021 Exam Centres: IIT Bombay is conducting GATE 2021 exam at the following centres. Candidates can select 4 exam cities of their choice in order of preference in the application form.
GATE 2021 Result
The candidates can check GATE 2021 result at GOAPS at appsgate.iitb.ac.in. Candidates who pass the cutoff marks or GATE 2021 get their scorecard based on which admission is granted in all the institutes across the nation. The raw scores of GATE is normalised for the papers that are held in multiple shift. However, for the papers that are held in 1 single shift the score is based on the candidates’ raw marks in the exam.
To check the result the candidates need to use their GATE 2021 enrollment ID and password. The scorecard of GATE remains valid for a period of 3 years from the date of declaration of the result i.e. GATE 2021 score can be used for admission and / or financial assistance in 2021, 2022, and 2023.