FTII JET 2022 – Joint Entrance Test is a common entrance test that is held for admission into Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI), Kolkata and Film and Television Institute of India, Pune (FTII). This mass communication entrance exam is basically a pre-requisite for any of the PG Diploma and PG Certificate courses offered at SRFTI and FTII. There are 2 stages for admission. The first stage consists an All India level entrance test that is held on the OMR sheets. On the basis of JET 2022 score, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second stage of the selection process. Check more details about FTII JET 2022 from this page such as eligibility, application form, exam pattern etc.
FTII JET 2022
FTII JET 2022 Overview
FTII JET 2022 is a joint entrance test organized yearly for admission into PG Diploma and PG Certificate courses offered at FTII and SRFTI. Check the overview of FTII JET 2022 from the table given below.
|Name of the exam||FTII JET|
|Full form||Joint entrance test|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Type of questions||Subjective and objective|
|Number of questions||100|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
FTII JET 2022 Important Dates
FTII has not mentioned the exact dates for the exam yet. However, we have listed the tentative dates for FTII JET 2022 below in the table.
|Commencement of registrations||1st week of Nov 2022|
|Closing of registrations||1st week of Dec 2022|
|Admit card release||2nd week of Dec 2022|
|Exam for Group A||3rd week of Dec 2022|
|Exam for Groups B||3rd week of Dec 2022|
|Exam for Group C||3rd week of Dec 2022|
|Result declaration||to be announced|
|Interview||to be announced|
|Admission commencement||to be announced|
FTII JET 2022 Exam Pattern
The Joint entrance examination (JET) is a 3-hour long exam. It carries 100 marks. The exam is divided into two parts. More details about the exam are given below:
- Duration: FTII JET 2022 will be for 3 hours
- Marks: The test carries a total of 100 marks.
- Mode of the exam: Offline mode
- Parts: In the exam, there are two parts.
- Type of questions: In the test, there are both subjective and objective type questions.
- Marking scheme: One right answer scores one mark. There is no negative marking.
Distribution of questions:
|Paper part||Type of questions||Marks||Time allotted|
|Paper I||Multiple choice questions (One option)|
Multiple Select Questions
|Paper-II||Descriptive Questions||50||90 mins|
FTII JET 2022 Preparation Tips
The FTII JET examination is extensive and requires proper preparation and guidance. This includes constant hard work, making notes, extensive revision, and practicing old sample papers. A few tips to follow are:
- The syllabus for FTII JET is not fixed. The exam includes questions from the history of film industry and current affairs too. In conclusion, prepare from all the areas of filmmaking, writing, directing, art, photography, etc.
- Read thoroughly about the history of the film industry, the history of filmmaking, worldcinema, the bane and boon of the industry, the growth rate, famous artists, stories, drama and theatre, etc.
- Try to understand the industry practically. Only theoretical information won’t be helpful to crack the interview phase. The practical exposure would be helpful to know the ups and downs of the industry.
- Above all practise last year’s paper to get an idea about the exam.
- Finally, a medical checkup is carried out before seeking admission to FTII. Hence exercise regularly to stay fit.
FTII JET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria vary for different postgraduate courses. The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- The candidate should possess at least bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- However, for a PG diploma in Art directing and production design, candidates should definitely possess bachelors in applied arts, architecture, painting, sculpting, interior designing, and other relevant fields in fine art or equivalent.
- The candidates appearing in the final year of Bachelor’s and whose results are awaited can also apply for FTII JET 2022.
FTII JET 2022 Application Form
The candidates can fill the FTII JET 2022 application form online only at applyjet2021.in. After the submission of the application form, the candidates are required to take the printout of the application form. Before filling the application form, the candidates must make sure they fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
Application form fees
|Course||Fees for gen||Fees for SC/ST/PWD|
|Anyone course i.e. under group A/B/C||2000/-||600/-|
|For two courses (one subject from each group) A & B or B & C or C & A)||3000/- (2000 + 1000)||900/- (600 + 300|
|Three courses (one subject from each group) A, B & C||4000/- (2000 + 1000 + 1000)||1200/- (600+ 300 + 300)|
FTII JET 2022 Admit Card
The FTII JET 2022 admit card is usually released a week after the registration forms are closed. To download FTII JET 2022 admit card, the candidates are required to enter the application number and date of birth.
Note that the admit card shall not be sent via post / email. It would contain all the necessary information about the test center, the timings, and basic information about the exam.
FTII JET 2022 Result
The result for FTII JET will be released soon on the official site. The candidates can check their scores by visiting the official website. After the result declaration, the candidate scoring the highest marks is shortlisted for the next round of interviews. The shortlisted candidates’ list is released on the official website.
The interview process includes the interaction of the candidate with a set of panelists to check his/her personality and knowledge. The date and timings of the interview and orientation are mentioned on the circular containing the list of the shortlisted candidates.
FTII JET 2022 Selection Process
As per the performance in JET 2022, the candidates shall be shortlisted for the next round. Each institute shall send emails to the institutes directly. Also note that the criteria may vary course-to-course.
Medical test: All the shortlisted aspirants are supposed to undergo a medical test before seeking admission. The process of the test is notified by the institutes. However, if a candidate is found to be unfit according to the medical norms set by the institute, his/her admission would be canceled.
FTII JET 2022 Participating Institutions
There are two institutions that select students on the basis of FTII JET, they are Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, and Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Calcutta. However, both of them are among the topmost industries nationwide.
FTII JET Institutes
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, was established in 1960 by the Government of India. It was established on the premises of Prabhat Studios, Pune.
Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Calcutta, was established in 1995 by the Government of India. It was the second national institute for cinematography and was established as an autonomous academic institution under the Ministry of Information and broadcasting.
Frequently Asked Questions on FTII JET 2022
FTII JET 2022 is a nationwide joint entrance test (JET) organized every year by the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). This exam is given by all the aspirants willing to take admission into several postgraduate courses offered by the institute. This joint entrance examination is a common exam to seek admission into Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, and Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Calcutta.
In the test, there are both subjective and objective type questions. However, the objective questions can be, multiple-choice questions, and multiple Select Questions
The exam is held in the offline mode.
FTII JET is held at All India level.
After qualifying FTII JET 2022, admission into various PG Diploma and PG certificate courses is granted.