FDST 2022 – National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has announced the exam date for FDST 2022. The exam will be held on December 17, 2022. FDST stands for Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST). It is a screening test for any Indian citizen / PIO / OCI who has a primary dental qualification / PG Diploma / Post Graduate dental qualification awarded by any dental institute outside India and who wants to register with any State Dental Council or of any other purpose as specified by the Dental Council of India. It is a pen-paper based test and comprises 2 question papers. All those candidates who get the minimum qualifying marks shall have to appear for Viva-Voce examination. Check more details about FDST 2022 from this page such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility etc.
Latest – NBEMS has announced the exam date for FDST 2022. The exam will be held on 17th December 2022.
FDST 2022 Important Dates
Check the dates for FDST 2022 from the table given below.
|Availability of official notification||to be announced|
|Release of the admit card||2nd week of Dec 2022|
|Exam date||17 Dec 2022 – Announced|
|Declaration of the result||to be announced|
|Dates of Viva-Voce||to be announced|
|Announcement of result (Viva-Voce)||to be announced|
Overview of FDST 2022
Check the overview of FDST 2022 from the table given below.
|Exam name||Foreign Dental Screening Test|
|Governing body||National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences|
|Exam mode offline||Offline|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|No. of question papers||2|
|No. of questions||100 – Paper 1 |
150 – Paper 2
|What after qualifying each paper||Appear for viva voce|
- FDST 2022 Exam Date
- FDST 2022 Syllabus
- FDST 2022 Admit Card
- FDST 2022 Exam Pattern
- Best Books for FDST 2022
- How to Prepare for FDST 2022
- FDST 2022 Result
FDST 2022 Exam Pattern
FDST 2022 is a pen-paper based exam that is categorised into 2 papers. The papers are named as Paper I and Paper II.
- In the test, there are multiple-choice questions.
- The question paper will be available in English language only.
- Paper I contains 100 questions and 120 minutes are allotted to complete the paper. Whereas, paper II has 150 questions for which 180 minutes are given.
- A candidate should score a minimum of 50% to become eligible for viva voice.
- For every correct response, candidates will be given 1 mark. Moreover, there is no grace marking in the exam.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
FDST 2022 Syllabus
Before starting your preparation, you must know your syllabus. The syllabus for FDST 2022 Paper I and Paper II is given below:
|Subject||Oral Medicine||Oral &|
|Oral Pathology |
|Applied Dental Materials||–||10||35||nil|
|Subject||Public Health Dentistry||Paedontics & |
|Oral Pathology||Prostho.||Cons & Endo|
|Oral Pathology |
|Applied Dental Materials||10||10||10||40||10|
Paper 2: This paper will have specialty questions from respective subjects.
FDST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
NBE has made certain eligibility standards for the candidates willing to appear in FDST 2022. Those candidates who will fulfil the required eligibility criteria can appear for the screening test. If at any stage, the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria then his/ her candidature will be cancelled. The eligibility criteria are given below:
Nationality: Candidates having Indian nationality, Overseas citizen of India (OCI) or Person of Indian origin (POI) nationality can apply for FDST 2022.
Educational Qualification: Candidate who possesses a primary dental degree / PG Diploma or any Post Graduate dental qualification from any dental institute outside India and wants to get registered with any State Dental Council of India or of any other purpose as prescribed by the Dental Council of India can apply for FDST 2022.
FDST 2022 Admit card
The candidates can download FDST 2022 admit card from nbe.edu.in. It must be kept in mind that admit cards will not be sent personally via post / email. The admit card contains name of the candidates, exam date, exam timing and important set of instructions.
- On the admit card, the candidates are required to paste the latest passport size photograph.
- The candidates are required to bring the printed copy of the admit cardand a valid id proof.
FDST 2022 Test Day Instructions
Candidates are advised to follow the below-mentioned instructions on the exam day:
- Candidate must reach the exam centre 30 minutes before the reporting time mentioned in the admit card. The latecomers will not be allowed to enter the exam centre after the the starting of exam.
- Candidates must visit the exam centre a day earlier of the exam date so as to avoid last minute hurry.
- Candidate must carry the downloaded admit card with them. As the barcode will be scanned and the candidature will be checked before the commencement of the exam.
- Candidate must carry an ID proof with them such as PAN card, voter ID card, driving licence, passport and Aadhar card with photograph
- Candidate should avoid bringing stationery items, electronic gadgets and ornaments to the exam centre.
- Only face mask, hand gloves Admit card ID proof transparent water water and sanitizer is allowed at the examination centre.
Prepration Tips for FDST 2022
Before starting the preparation for FDST 2022, candidates must keep in mind some useful tips. These tips may enhance your marks and help you build a greater strategy.
- Candidate must first go through the syllabus. Each and every topic should be kept in mind and the number of questions asked.
- Best way is to get through the previous year papers, as you might get the clue about the pattern of questions. You can find many memory based question papers on many websites and coaching study materials.
- Make separate notes for each topic and mark for important or expected questions. Also add previous year question to notes for time to time revision.
- You can also view many YouTube videos of toppers as well as the top educators.
FDST 2022 Qualifying marks
In the official brochure released by the national board of examination, the minimum qualifying marks are also mentioned. The candidates have to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in each question paper.
The minimum qualifying marks is also the same for Viva Voce. Again, the candidates need to secure a minimum of 50% marks in viva voce. The viva voice consists of 50 marks, so many marks students need to secure is 25.
FDST 2022 Viva Voce
After qualifying Paper I and Paper II, the candidates need to appear for Viva Voce. It is of 50 marks. While the minimum qualifying marks as described in the official brochure released by NBA is 50%. So as to clear this stage, candidate have to secure minimum 25 marks.
There are two examiners present in the viva voce. The internal belongs to the examining University and the external is from any university that awards UG and PG dental qualification.
FDST 2022 Non-Disclosure Agreement
A nondisclosure agreement states that the candidate cannot reveal the questions asked in the exam. By default, by registering for FDST 2022, the candidate agrees to Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- The candidate cannot reproduce or transmit the questions asked in the exam on any social media platform. Any content of the exam must not be shared with friends, acquaintances or online.
- If a candidate is found to be violating the agreement, legal actions will be taken against them. Their candidature will also be cancelled.
FDST 2022 Result
After the completion of the exam, NBE releases the result only on their official website. The candidates can check their result status (pass / fail) from official website only.
- The candidate is declared pass only if he / she has secured 50% individually in each paper.
- After qualifying each paper, the candidates need to qualify Viva-Voce too.
- There shall be no re-checking or re-totalling or re-checking and the requests for these will also not be entertained.
FAQs on FDST 2022
Ans: There are 2 papers namely paper I and paper II.
Ans: You have to score a minimum of 50% marks on each paper as well as the viva voice.
Ans. Viva-voce examination is the exam that a candidate has to appear for after qualifying each paper of FDST.
Ans. FDST 2022 will be held on 17th December 2022.
Ans. There are 100 and 150 questions in Paper 1 and 2 respectively.
Ans. FDST 2022 is a pen-paper based test.
Ans. There is no negative marking in the test.