FDST 2022 Syllabus – FDST stands for Foreign Dental Screening Test. The exam is conducted by National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences (NBEMS). FDST 2022 is a pen paper based test that comprises of two question papers. Candidates need to qualify the examination and then have to appear for Viva- Voce. In order to ace the examination candidates need to be aware of the syllabus. The syllabus specifies the topics from which questions can be asked in the exam. Having a clear understanding of the syllabus and the weightage of various subjects helps in deciding how much time one should give for the preparation of each topic. This eventually leads to better time management and planning. Check the detailed syllabus of FDST 2022 from this page.
Latest – NBEMS has announced the exam date for FDST 2022. Check the announced exam date here.
FDST 2022 Syllabus
Before starting with the preparation students must be well acquainted with the syllabus to have a clear idea about what to prepare and what not to prepare to avoid confusion. The syllabus for both the papers are as follows:
|Subject||Oral Medicine||Oral Maxillofacial Surgery||Orthodontics||Periodontics|
|Oral Pathology |
|Applied Dental Materials||–||10||35||nil|
|Subject||Public Health Dentistry||Paedontics & Preventive Dentistry||Oral Pathology||Prostho.||Cons & Endo|
|Oral Pathology |
|Applied Dental Materials||10||10||10||40||10|
- Paper II will have specialty questions from respective subjects.
FDST 2022 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern help students in structuring their studies and revision plan smartly. It stands important to get familiarized with all the aspects of the exam to attempt the question paper easily. Check the detailed exam pattern of FDST 2022 given below.
- The examination is divided into two papers i.e. is Paper I and Paper II. The exam is held in pen paper based through offline mode. In the test, there are multiple-choice questions, with single correct choices.
- The question paper is available in English language only. In Paper I there are 100 questions and Paper II contains 150 questions. Candidates have to solve Paper I in 120 minutes and Paper II in 180 minutes.
- For every correct answer students are awarded 1 mark and no marks will be deducted for incorrect answer. There is no negative marking. Also there is no grace marking.
FDST 2022 Qualifying Marks
In order to qualify the FDST 2022, the candidates have to score at least 50% in each paper. The candidates can proceed for Viva-Voce examination only if they secured the minimum marks in FDST.
FDST 2022 Viva Voce
After qualifying Paper I and Paper II, candidates have to appear for viva voce which consists of total 50 marks. The minimum qualifying marks as per the brochure issued by NBA is 50 % that is candidates have to get at least 25 marks out of 50 marks to pass the viva interview.
There will be two examiner present in the viva voce. One examiner will be internal who belongs to the examining University and the other examiner is external who is from any University that awards UG and PG dental qualification.
How to appear for viva voce?
Once the candidates clears the examination, they will be called for viva voce. Here are some general tips for candidates who will appear in the viva interview –
- Candidates are advised to be dressed formally. Wear something that is professional and comfortable.
- Listen carefully to the questions being asked. Answer only when the examiner has completed the question. Do not rush for giving answers.
- Be confident while answering. It will create a positive impression on the examiner.
- Read your research papers/notes carefully before the viva. It will help you in handling viva questions easily. Make sure to have thorough knowledge about the topics asked in viva voce.
Preparation Tips for FDST 2022
To crack any examination, it is important to have a proper plan and strategy. Given below are some preparation tips which can help candidates during their FDST 2022 preparation-
- Time tabl : Every student is different so develop a study routine that works for you. Try to study every single day and be consistent. Complete your syllabus beforehand and keep some time for revision.
- Practice : Doing practice papers and questions will not help you in knowing your weak topics but will also help you in retention of the topics you have learnt . Solve mock papers to get fair idea about the question type and pattern.
- Note making: Make notes for important topics. It is better to prepare short notes for every subject in order to revise the whole subject in minimum time possible.
- Confidence: One must stay calm and be confident about their preparation on the exam day. Do not panic or feel nervous. Give your 100 % and don’t think about results. Remember self confidence is the foundation of all great success and achievement.
- Health: Apart from studies, one must eat healthy food and stay hydrated. Sleep at least 7-8 hours daily. Give your brain good time to rest. Avoid eating junk food.
- Revision: Give yourself enough time to review everything that you have studied. Revise as many time as possible and avoid last minute cramming. Ensure to revise and be thorough with all the topics at least a week before examination.
FAQs on FDST 2022 Syllabus
Ans: FDST 2022 will be held on 17 December 2022.
Ans: No, there is no negative marking in the exam.
Ans. The exam is at par with the standards specified by the Indian Universities.
Ans. According to the previous year’s details, there are 2 question papers in the test.