FDST 2022 – FDST stands for Foreign Dental Screening Test. The test is conducted by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS). The FDST exam date for 2022 has been released and it will be conducted on 17th December 2022. The exams consists of two question papers. FDST 2022 is a pen-paper based test. In the test, there are multiple-choice questions. In Paper I, the questions are asked from various subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology etc. Whereas, in Paper II, specialty questions are asked from the respective subjects. Check the detailed FDST 2022 exam pattern from this page.
Here are all the details about the FDST 2022 exam pattern.
- The FDST 2022 will be conducted in pen-paper mode (offline).
- The test will consist of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2
Type of Questions
- The FDST 2022 question paper will be objective based. Multiple choice questions will be asked in the paper.
- Every question will carry four options, one will be correct out of them.
- The appearing candidates have to choose only one option out of the four.
Language of the Question Paper
- FDST 2022 question paper will be available in English Language only.
- A total of two papers will be conducted, paper 1, and paper 2.
- Paper 1 will consist of 100 questions.
- Paper 2 will consist of 150 questions.
- Paper 1 will be of 100 marks, and paper 2 will be of 150 marks.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There will be no negative marking in FDST 2022.
- There will be no grace marks.
- The time duration is different for both the papers.
- 120 minutes are allocated to attempt Paper 1.
- 180 minutes are allocated to attempt Paper 2.
- In order to qualify, the candidates need to score 50% individually in each paper.
- Only qualified candidates will appear for the viva-voce examination.
- After qualifying the written exam candidates have to appear for viva-voce examination, which is mandatory.
- Viva-voice will be of 50 marks. The candidates have to score 50% separately to pass.
- The candidates need to score 25 marks out of 50 to qualify the viva-voce examination.
- There will be two examiners in the viva-voce, one internal will be from the examining university, and one external from another university.
Subject-Wise Distribution of Questions for FDST 2022
Check the paper-wise distribution of questions for FDST 2022.
- In paper II, there are specialty questions from the respective subjects.
FDST 2022 Important Books
|Essentials of Oral Pathology by Swapan Kumar||Check Price Here|
|Textbook of Periodontics by Shalu Bathla||Check Price Here|
|Davidsons Principles and Practice of Medicine by Walker||Check Price Here|
|Integrated Textbook of Biochemistry||Check Price Here|
|Essentials of Medical Pharmacology||Check Price Here|
|Manual of Surgery by Sriram Bhatt||Check Price Here|
Preparation Tips for FDST 2022
Given below are some preparation tips for FDST 2022.
- First of all, check the syllabus and exam pattern released by the board. Then, start preparing topic wise.
- Start your preparation atleast 6 months before the exam. Study 6-7 hours daily. This will help you complete the syllabus on time and you will be left with enough time for revision and solving sample papers.
- Prepare detailed notes, so that while revising you don’t have to go through the whole book again and again.
- Solve sample papers, mock tests and previous year question papers. This will enhance your question solving ability, and you will get a good idea about what kind of questions may come in the exam.
Read about FDST 2022 Result Here
FAQs on FDST 2022 Exam Pattern
Ans. The FDST 2022 will be held on 17th December 2022.
Ans. Total two papers will be there.
Ans. 100 Questions will be there in paper 1.
Ans. The candidates need to score 50 percent in both papers individually.
Ans. In the test, multiple-choice questions are present in the test.