FDST 2021 – The result for FDST 2021 MDS degree & PG Diploma has been declared by NBEMS. The candidates can check the result from the direct link given below. Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) is conducted by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences. This screening test is conducted for those Indian citizens / OCI citizen / PIO who have a primary dental qualification / post-graduate dental degree / PG diploma qualifications from outside India and wish to register with the Dental council of any state or of any other purpose as specified by the Dental Council of India. In FDST, there are 2 papers. The candidates need to score 50% individually in each to qualify for Viva-Voce exam. Know more about the FDST 2021 here such as result, qualifying marks, viva-voce exam etc.
Latest – NBEMS has announced FDST 2021 result for MDS degree & PG Diploma. Check it from here.
Latest – FDST 2021 information bulletin has been released for MDS / PG Diploma candidates. Download PDF Here.
Latest – FDST 2021 notification for BDS Graduates has been released. Click here to download the notice.
Latest – FDST 2021 information brochure has been released. Download it from here.
FDST 2021 Important Dates
Check the important dates regarding the FDST exam 2021 from below.
Schedule for BDS Graduates
|Availability of admit card||6 Jan 2022|
|Exam date||11 Jan 2022|
|Declaration of Result|
Schedule for MDS Degree / PG Diploma candidates
|Release of the information brochure||15 Jan 2022|
|Release of the admit card||24 Jan 2022|
|Exam date||28 Jan 2022|
|Announcement of result|
Overview of FDST 2021
Here are the basic details for FDST 2021. Check below.
|Exam Name||Foreign Dental Screening Test|
|Exam conducting body||NBEMS|
|Question Paper||MCQ based divided into Paper I and Paper II|
|Exam mode||Computer based test|
|Application form mode||Online|
|Exam Centre||Delhi NCR|
|Official Website||natboard.edu.in, nbe.edu.in|
FDST 2021 Result
FDST result is announced at the NBEMS website. Candidates can download their result from natboard.edu.in or nbe.edu.in. The result displays the qualifying status of the candidates.
In other words, Pass / Fail status will be displayed. The candidates will be declared pass only if he/she scores 50% in each paper individually and also score 50% marks i.e 25 marks in the viva voce. Once the results are declared, no re-evaluation or rechecking or re totalling will be done.
FDST 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will be informed about the release of the admit card through SMS/Email alerts. FDST 2021 admit card can be downloaded from nbe.edu.in. Admit cards will not be sent to individual candidates by post or email. After taking the printout of the downloaded admit card, candidates have to affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card.
The photograph should be pasted with the following specifications:
- The minimum size of the photograph should be 35 × 45 mm and not larger than the box printed on the admit card.
- The 75% area of photograph should be occupied by face & head of the candidate and the photo needs to display full front view of face with a neutral expression.
- The photograph should be coloured with white background.
- The photograph should be printed on high quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolution.
- The photograph should not have reflection or shadow on face with red eyes. Also, the photograph must not have any stains or scratches.
FDST 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is the most important element in planning for any examination. The syllabus describes the subjects and topics which a candidate has to study for the exam and also tells the weightage of each topic. Check the blueprint for the FDST 2021 from below.
The paper consists two question papers.
|Subject||No. of MCQs for BDS|
|Subject||No.of MCQs for BDS|
|Dental Anatomy & Histology||10|
|Community/ Public Health Dentistry||10|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||10|
|Prosthodontics Crown & Bridge||20|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||20|
FDST 2021 Exam Pattern
- The exam is MCQs based and will be held as Computer based test.
- The exam consists of two question paper i.e paper I and paper II.
- Paper I consists of 100 MCQs and Paper II consists of 150 MCQs.
- For paper I, candidates will be given 120 minutes and for paper II, 180 minutes will be allocated.
- The question paper will be available in English language only.
- Each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking. Also, there is no grace marking.
FDST 2021 Qualifying Marks
Candidates are required to obtain the minimum marks in the following areas in order to pass the screening test.
|Written test||50% marks in each paper individually|
|Viva-Voce eexamination||50% (25 out of 50)|
BDS – Viva Voce Examination
The candidates who secured a minimum of 50% marks in individual papers will be eligible for viva voce examination.
- There will be two examiners for the viva voce, one will be internal from examining university and one external from any other university.
- The candidates have to score 25 marks i.e 50% marks out of 50 marks to qualify the viva voce.
Preparation Tips for FDST 2021
As the FDST 2021 is around the corner, check the points mentioned below to boost your last-minute FDST 2021 preparation.
- As few days are left for the exam, do not study anything new. Revise the topics that you have studied already.
- Use your time effectively, appear for mocks to check your preparation level.
- Do not stress over the exam. Keep yourself relaxed, try meditation, listen to soft music, go for a quick walk, or exercise a bit.
- Keep yourself healthy and avoid eating junk food. It is important to be physically and mentally fit to maximise the performance on exam day.
- Focus on your weak topics. Revise them more often.
- Do not study without break. Study for few hours and take a good break to avoid getting exhausted.
- Last, but the most important tip is to have a good sleep a day before the exam and have a healthy breakfast/Lunch on the exam day.
FDST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria as specified by the NBEMS can appear for the dental screening test. If at any stage the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria, then her/his candidature will be cancelled and the candidate will no longer be able to take the test or the admission. Check the eligibility criteria for FDST 2021 below.
Nationality: Candidates who are of Indian nationality, or are overseas citizen of India (OCI) or person of Indian origin (PIO) nationality can appear for FDST 2021.
Educational Qualifications: Candidates must possess a primary dental degree / PG Diploma or any Post Graduate dental qualifications from any dental university outside India and want to get registered with any state dental council or any other purpose as specified by Dental council of India can apply for FDST 2021.
Exam Centre and Exam schedule for FDST 2021
Exam Centre: FDST 2021 will be conducted in Delhi NCR only. The exact venue will be informed through the admit card. The exact address of the exam centre will be specified on the admit card. Candidates can check the exam venue from there.
FDST 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Follow the exam instructions as mentioned below to avoid any problem on the exam day.
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre on the time specified in the admit card. 30 minutes prior to the test start time will be utilised for security checks, identity verification and checking in examination.
- Candidates should familiarise themselves with the test centre location at least one day prior to the examination.
- Candidates reporting late or beyond the prescribed time will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- No friend or relative should accompany the candidate to the exam centre. No one will be allowed to contact the candidate while the ongoing exam process.
- The temperature of the candidates will be checked by thermo guns. If any candidate is found to have temperature above normal, then they will be allowed to take exam in isolation lab.
- No candidate will be allowed to give the exam without the admit card.
- Candidates should not bring any prohibited items to the exam centre. There will be no arrangements to keep candidates belonging.
- It is advised to listen to the instructions given by the invigilators carefully.
FDST 2021 Non-Disclosure Agreement
The FDST exam for BDS graduates is a proprietary examination and is conducted by NBEMS only. All the content of this examination is confidential and is owned by NBE. Hence, NBE prohibits the candidates from sharing, transmitting, or publishing any content of the exam in any form.
- Candidates must not share any information regarding the question paper or exam with friends, relatives or acquaintances.
- Candidates are not allowed to share the content of exam via third parties or share it through online platforms or social media like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Hangouts, blogs, Instagram etc. using either one’s own account or proxy account.
FDST Contact Information
In case of any doubt or queries, contact NBE through following methods.
Helpline number- 011-45593000/ 022-61087595
Email – [email protected]
|Brochure for MDS / PG Diploma candidates||Click here to download|
|Notice for MDS / PG Diploma candidates||Click here to download|
|Brochure for BDS Graduates||Click here to download|
|Notice for BDS Graduates||Click here to download|
FAQs on FDST 2021
Ans: The exam will be conducted on 11 January 2022.
Ans: No there is no negative marking.
Ans: No, a candidate has to score 50% marks in both the papers individually to appear for viva voce.
Ans: Candidates need to secure 50% marks to qualify for the viva voce.
Ans: Yes, it is necessary to appear for both the papers.
Ans: No, there is no such provision of re-totalling or revaluation of answers by NBE.