FDST 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern: From this page, the candidates can check FDST 2021 syllabus. The National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) will conduct the Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) January 11, 2022. It is an entrance examination that consists of two papers in total. FDST will be held in the computer-based mode. All the candidates who are willing to appear for the entrance exam must know the syllabus well in advance as this will help in making a preparation strategy. FDST syllabus specifies the broad topics from which questions will be framed in the exam. Check the detailed FDST 2021 syllabus and exam pattern from this page.
FDST 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for FDST 2021 is released in an official brochure by NBEMS. The syllabus specifies the number of questions asked from each topic in both papers Paper I and Paper II. Candidates can refer to the following table to understand the topic-wise division of questions.
|Topic||No. of MCQs|
|Topic||No. of MCQs|
|Dental Anatomy and Histology||10|
|Public Health Dentistry||10|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||10|
|Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge||20|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontic||20|
FDST 2021 Exam Pattern
Since the FDST 2021 is a highly competitive entrance examination, all the candidates should be aware of the Exam pattern before beginning their preparation. Check the FDST 2021 exam pattern given below.
- The exam consists of two question papers, Paper-I comprising of 100 multiple choice questions and Paper-II comprising of 150 multiple-choice questions.
- All the questions are single correct response questions in the English language only.
- The time allocated for Paper-I (100 MCQs) is 120 minutes, and for Paper-II (150 MCQs), it is 180 minutes.
- Each question carries one mark. There shall be no negative marking.
- There will be no grace marks. The candidate has to score 50% in each paper individually to qualify for appearing the viva‑voce examination.
FDST 2021 Viva-Voce
- After qualifying the written exam, the candidates need to mandatorily appear for Viva-Voce Examination.
- The Viva-Voce Examination is of 50 Marks. The candidate has to separately score 50% in the viva-voce examination, i.e., at least 25 marks.
- There will be two examiners for Viva-Voce: one internal from examining university and one external from any other university.
Important Books for FDST 2021
Aspirants may have different ways of preparing for the exam. Referring to books is one of them. There are many books specifically designed to aid students preparing for FDST 2021. Given below are some of the best books available in the market which the candidates may find useful while preparing for FDST 2021.
|Short Notes for Dental PG Entrance Examinations, Basic Sciences||Sandeep Goyal||Check Price|
|All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam||Neeraj Wadhwan||Check Price|
|Dental Pulse||Dr. Sateesh Kumar||Check Price|
FAQs on FDST 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
A. Yes. It is mandatory to attend the Viva-Voce if the candidate qualifies for both papers.
A. Yes. Paper-I will be held in the morning. After Paper-I there is a break of 2 hours before Paper-II
A. The candidate should secure more than 50% in each paper and on the Viva-voce examination individually
A. No. there is no negative marking for FDST 2021.