NBE has announced FDST 2020 result for viva-voce exam. Candidates can check result of the exam from natboard.edu.in now.
National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi is conducting Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST). It is a screening test for those Indian citizens / OCI citizen who have MDS Degree/ PG Diplomaqualifications from outside India and either wish to register with any State Dental Council or have any other purpose as specified by the Dental Council of India. FDST 2020 is a pen-paper based test, which shall only be held in Delhi. It consists of 2 question papers. In Paper 1, there are 100 mcq and in Paper 2 there are 150 mcqs.
Candidates who qualifying the written test, need to appear for Viva-Voce examination. The candidates who obtain the minimum marks, as specified by the official authority, are declared as Qualified. Check more details about FDST 2020 from this page such as eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
The candidates must note that only appearing in FDST does not give any automatic rights to secure permanent or provisional registration with the Dental Council of India or any State Dental Council.
FDST 2020 Exam Dates
|FDST 2020||Important Dates|
|Information brochure released on||14 Dec 2020|
|Date for the release of the admit card|
|FDST 2020 exam date||29 Dec 2020|
|Announcement of the result||15 Jan 2021|
|Viva-Voce Exam Date||27 Jan 2021|
|Announcement of Viva-Voce result||03 Feb 2021|
FDST 2020 Result
The candidates can check FDST 2020 result at natboard.edu.in or nbe.edu.in.
- The result displays the qualifying status of the candidates. In other words, Pass / Fail status shall be displayed.
- No candidate shall be declared as qualified unless and until he / she obtains the minimum qualifying marks.
- The scheme related to the delivery of an authenticated copy of the result shall be displayed on the website at the time of announcement of the result.
- There is no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation and the requests for the same are not entertained by NBE.
FDST 2020 Admit Card
Check the important points regarding FDSE 2020 admit card from below.
- The candidates can download FDST 2020 admit card from nbe.edu.in
- On the availability of admit card, the candidates are sent SMS / Email alerts
- The admit card is not sent via post or email to the registered candidates
- After downloading the admit card, it is mandatory to affix the latest passport size photograph on it.
- The photo should be coloured and minimum of 35×45 mm and not larger than the box provided for it.
- The photo should be clear and printed on a high quality paper, which has at least 600 dpi resolutions.
- Various details regarding the exam are displayed on the admit card such as exam timings, exam date, reporting time, exact address of the exam centre etc.
- Apart from a printed copy of the admit card, the candidates are required to take a valid id proof as well to the exam centre
What is allowed to the exam centre? Printed copy of Barcoded / QR Coded Admit card, 1 valid id card, Face mask, Gloves, Transparent Water Bottle, Personal Hand Sanitizer (50 ml).
Note: Pens shall be provided at the exam centre only.
What is not allowed at the test centre?
- Any electronic devices like mobile phones, bluetooth, earphones, wrist watch / health band, calculator etc
- Any stationery items like textual material, notes, plastic pouch, eraser, pen etc
- Any ornaments like earrings, rings, necklaces, pendents, nose pin, brooch etc.
- Items like wallets, goggles, caps, handbags etc
- Any eatable item (packed or unpacked)
- Any soft drink
Exam Schedule for FDST 2020
Check the exam schedule for FDST 2020.
|Particulars||Part I||Part II|
|Entry to the exam centre||9.00 AM||1.00 PM|
|Closing of the exam centre||9.30 AM||1.30 PM|
|Distribution of OMR sheets||9.45 AM||1.45 PM|
|Distribution of question papers||9.55 AM||1.55 PM|
|Commencement of the exam||10.00 AM||2.00 PM|
|Exam end time||12.00 PM||5.00 PM|
FDST 2020 Exam Centre
Check the exam centre for FDST given below.
|Delhi||National Board of Examinations,|
PSP Area, Sector – 9
FDST 2020 Syllabus and Distribution of Questions
Since there are 2 papers in FDST 2020, the distribution of questions is as follows:
- Paper 1 consist of 100 subject-related questions
- On the other hand, Paper 2 contains 150 questions on specialty questions in respective subjects.
|Subject||Oral & Maxillofacial|
|Subject||Public Health Dentistry||Paedontics |
& Preventive Dentistry
|Oral Pathology||Prostho||Cons & Endo|
& Oral Microbiology
|10 (combined)||10 (combined)||10 (combined)||5|
|Applied Dental Materials||10||10||10||40||10|
FDST 2020 Exam Pattern
According to the Principal Dental Council of India Screening Test Regulations, 2009, following is the exam pattern for FDST 2020.
- Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) is a pen-paper based test
- FDST comprises of 2 question papers
- The duration of Paper 1 is 120 minutes and for Paper 2, it is 180 minutes
- The medium of instruction of the question paper shall be in English language only
- There are multiple-choice type questions in the test
- There are 100 questions in Paper 1 and 150 questions in Paper 2
- For every correct question, the candidates are given 01 marks.
- There is no negative marking in case of the wrong answers
FDST 2020 Qualifying Marks
To be declared as passed, the candidates are required to obtain the following minimum marks:
|Written Test||50% in each paper individually|
|Viva-voce examination||50% (25 out of 50)|
Note: No grace marks shall be given to the candidates.
MDS / PG Diploma Viva-Voce Examination
The candidates who qualify the written examination are required to appear for Viva-Voce Examination. Two examiners shall take the viva-voce examination. One will be internal from the examining university and other will be from any other recognized university that awards UG and PG Dental qualification.
- Viva-Voce examination is of 50 marks.
FDST 2020 Test Day Instructions
The candidates have to follow the instructions given below.
- Reach the exam centre as per the reporting time mentioned on the admit card. The reporting counter will close 30 minutes before the starting of the test.
- The candidates who are late shall not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The candidates must not come to the exam centre with their friends or any relatives to the exam centre. No one can contact the candidate while the examination is going on.
- The temperature of the candidates shall be checked by Thermo guns at the entry point. If any candidates have any above normal temperature (>99.14 degree F) or show any COVID-19 symptoms, then they are allowed to take the examination in a separate isolation lab.
- There will be identity checks at the arrival at the test centre to make sure there are no unauthorized candidates appearing for the exam.
- Make sure the proper documents like name changing document (if any) are carried along with the admit card and valid id proof.
- There shall be no arrangement for keeping the belongings of the candidates safe at the exam centre. If any candidate brings any prohibited items to the exam centre, then it shall be treated as unfair means.
- It is advised to listen to the instructions given by the invigilator very carefully.
- Any disturbing behavior may lead to the cancellation of the exam. If you have any problem during the exam, raise your hand and contact the invigilator.
Unfair Means in FDST 2020
Check the points given below to know what shall be treated as the unfair means practices in FDST 2020.
- If any candidate has tampered any entry in the certificate or document or statement of marks or certificate issued by Governmental or Non-Governmental body or any other documents issued by NBE.
- Have / Use of any prohibited items like mobile phone (with or without internet) etc
- If anyone is seen copying from the notes or from any of his / her body parts or stationery metarials like protractors, scales, set squares etc
- If any one is found concealing or swallowing or destroying any notes / materials / papers found with him / her
- If any candidate is found exchanging the answer book or question paper or talking to a person or referring any notes or books outside the examination hall, while going to the washroom or while in the washroom
- Changing seat without the permission of official authority during the exam
- Trying to communicate or contacting with any other person beside the examination staff
- Have done forgery in the photo id in order to seek entry or appear for the test
- Threatening the officials or any candidate
- Disclosing any identity mark in the answer sheet
- Not submitting the answer sheet
- Hacking or attempting to hack the website of NBE or its technology partners or their information technology systems
- If any one found peeping or talking to another person during the exam
- If any refuses to obey the instructions given by the official authority
Note: If anyone adopts the above given unfair means practices, he / she is liable to be penalized by the Examination Ethics Committee. The punishments may vary from cancellation of exam / expulsion up to next 14 attempts or 7 years / cancellation of candidature as decided.
FDST 2020 Important Things to Note
- Request for change in date / center of examination under any circumstances is not allowed
- There are no restrictions on the number of attempts that can be availed by candidates for this examination
- FDST 2020 will be conducted as Socially Distanced Pen-Paper Based Test
- No arrangements will be done by NBE at their end to make the arrangements for travel / boarding of the candidates.
- At the center Thermo guns shall be used to take temperature. If the temperate of the candidate is above normal temperature (>99.14 degree F) or show any COVID-19 symptoms, then they will take at a isolation lab.
FDST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for FDST 2020 given below.
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen or Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The candidates who have a primary dental qualification / PG Diploma / Post Graduate Dental qualification awarded by any dental institution outside India.
Note: If at any point of time, the candidate is found to be ineligible, he / she shall be not be allowed to appear for the examination. If anyone has passed FDST 2020 and then it has come to notice that he / she ineligible, then result / candidature of those candidates shall be cancelled or is deemed to be cancelled (even though the result is out and Pass Certificate has been issued).
FDST Contact Information
Helpline number: 011 – 45593000
Email id: email@example.com
Official Websites: http://www.nbe.edu.in / http://www.natboard.edu.in / dciindia.gov.in
Address: Executive Director, National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029
The candidates have to be mention these following details in the email id.
- Name of the candidate
- Email id
- Mobile number
- Correspondence address
- Application id / roll number for FDST
- Session of the examination
- The phone support is available from 14 Dec 2020 – 15 Jan 2021 (9.30 AM – 6.00 PM Monday to Friday)
- On 29 Dec 2020 – From 7.00 AM – 7.00 PM
- NBE Candidate Care shall be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Gazetted Holidays
FDST 2020 Non-Disclosure Agreement
Check the details for FDST 2020 NDA given below.
FDST is a proprietary examination that is held by NBE only. So, the contents of the exam are confidential and are owned by the NBE. Having said that, NBE clearly prohibits the candidates from transmitting, producing or publishing any content of the exam in any form be it verbally or written, via electronic or mechanical means.
- No content of the exam must be shared with friends, acquaintances or third parties.
- The third parties include sharing the data or content via online means or through social media. This includes Whatsapp, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Hangouts etc via own account or proxy accounts.
- Through the registration or appearing for FDST, the candidates automatically agree to NDA.
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous organization of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It was established in the year 1975 at New Delhi. It was established to standardize the PG medical education as well as examination in India. It conducts following examinations:
- NEET PG
- NEET SS
- NEET MDS
Frequently Asked Questions on FDST 2020
Ans. FDST stands for Foreign Dental Screening Test.
Ans. All those candidates who are Indian Citizens / OCI possessing MDS degree / PG Diploma qualifications awarded by dental institutions outside India can appear for FDST 2020.
Ans. FDST 2020 will be held in pen-paper based mode.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in FDST 2020.
Ans. FDST 2020 will take place at exam centre situated in Delhi.
Ans. There are two papers in FDST.
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to appear in both the papers.
Ans. You are required to have 50% individually in each paper of FDST.
Ans. The admit card will be available at the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in.
Ans. If you result status shows ‘Pass’ then you will be declared as qualified.
Ans. No, there is no such provision entertained by NBE.