The candidates can check FDST 2020 syllabus from this page. National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi has released the syllabus for Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) along with the official information brochure. It is important for the candidates to know the syllabus in order to prepare properly for the examination. FDST syllabus specifies the subjects and topics from which questions are framed in both Paper I and Paper II. Check the FDST 2020 syllabus along with the exam pattern here.
- FDST 2020 is to be held as a pen-paper based test
- It is scheduled to be held on 29 December 2020
- FDST 2020 admit card can be downloaded from 22 December 2020
- FDST for MDS / PG Diploma holders is set as per the standard prescribed for Indian Universities
FDST 2020 Syllabus
Check the syllabus for FDST 2020 given below.
- Paper 1 has 100 questions from various subjects
- Paper 2 has 150 questions. These are the specialty questions in respective subjects
Distribution of questions for Paper 1
|Subject||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||Orthodontics||Oral Medicine||Periodontics|
|Oral Pathology &|
|Applied Dental Materials||10||35||NIL||NIL|
|Prostho||Cons & Endo|
|Oral Pathology &|
|Applied Dental Materials||10||10||10||40||10|
FDST 2020 Exam Pattern
In order to prepare for the exam, the candidates appearing for the same must know the exam pattern. Check the exam pattern given below for FDST 2020. The exam pattern has been specified as per the Principal Dental Council of India Regulations, 2009.
FDST is a pen-paper based test. It is divided into two question papers. The medium of instruction of the question paper is English language only. There are multiple-choice questions in the test where only one answer is considered to be correct.
The candidates are given 120 minutes to complete Paper 1 and 180 minutes to complete Paper 2. Each question in the paper is of 01 marks. There is no negative marking in the test. There are 100 and 150 questions in Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively.
Viva-Voce Examination for MDS / PG Diploma
After qualifying the written exam, the qualified candidates need to appear for Viva-Voce Examination. In the Viva-Voce Examination, there are two examiners. An internal is from the examining authority and the other examiner is external from any other university that awards recognized UG and PG Dental qualification.
- Viva-Voce Examination is of 50 marks.
- Apart from qualifying the written examination, it is mandatory to qualify Viva-Voce separately.
- The minimum marks required to qualify the Viva-Voce examination is 50% of the total marks. In this case, it is 25 marks out of 50.
Important Books for FDST 2020
Foreign Dental Screening Test is an examination that is conducted for the candidates who have a MDS degree / Post-Graduate Dental Qualification awarded by any institute outside India. So, the candidates must refer to the books of their previous examination only.
The candidates can also refer the books given below to prepare for FDST 2020.
|Comprehensive Applied Basic Sciences Cabs for MDS Students||Buy Here|
|Short Notes for Dental PG Entrance Examinations||Buy Here|
|Short Notes for Dental PG Entrance Examinations, Clinical Sciences Vol. 5 BDS-V||Buy Here|
|Short Notes for Dental PG Entrance Examinations, Basic Sciences, Vol. 2 BDS-II||Buy Here|
Some Last Minute Preparation Tips for FDST 2020
The candidates can check the preparation tips for FDST 2020 given below.
- Firstly, go through the syllabus and exam pattern specified by NBE. Check all the topics from which questions can be framed in the exam. After knowing all the details of the exam, make a strategy for completing the syllabus.
- Since there are very few days left for the exam, make a timetable in such a way where daily targets have been mentioned. Stick to this timetable till the day before the examination.
- Refer the notes that you made during your studies. This will help you in remembering all the previously studied formulas and points.
- Solve more and more questions on the previously studied concepts. Manage time while solving the questions. You can also set a timer while solving the questions so as to analyze your speed.
About FDST 2020
Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) is an examination that is conducted by NBE in the offline mode. The test is objective in nature. There is no negative marking. It consists of two papers. Both of the papers are conducted on a single day only.
After qualifying the written test, the candidates have to qualify the Viva-Voce examination. The viva-voce examination is conducted after the candidates who have appeared in the written are declared as ‘Pass’.
Best of luck for your FDST 2020 result!