Registration for JEE Main 2021 is an online process. This time, unlike previous years, you can apply for JEE Mains four times. While you have the option to opt for more than one session in the same form, many students will apply separately each time. Nevertheless in JEE Main 2021 application form for any session, a certain list of documents have to be uploaded each time. Moreover, it is mandatory to ensure that the specifications of the documents are as per NTA guidelines. That, and a list of related things pertaining to documents required for JEE Mains 2021 application form are explained here.
Important: JEE Main Admit Card 2021
We have explained the following here:
- Documents required for JEE Main 2021 application form
- Photograph and signature specifications for JEE Main registration
- How to scan the documents you have to upload in JEE Main application form?
- How to convert png to jpg
- List of websites that convert png to jpg
- Websites to resize images
- Documents to carry with JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- Documents required at the time of counselling
Documents required for JEE Main 2021 Application Form
At the time of filling the application form of Jee Main, candidates must keep certain information and documents ready to avoid any hassle. Hence, the list of the documents required for registration are as follows-
|Documents for reference||Documents to upload|
|10th class mark sheet||Photograph in JPG format – size 10-200 kb.|
|12th class mark sheet||Signature in JPG format- size 4-30 kb.|
|Valid e-mail id and phone number||Caste certificate in JPG format- size 50-300 kb.|
|Date of birth certificate/ 10th class certificate||PWD certificate, if applicable, in JPG format- size 50-300 kb.|
|Valid Government Id proof||Duly verified result awaited attestation form, in JPG format- size 50-500 kb.|
Candidates who are filling the application form must go through the following details and instructions of each document that are required at the time of registration.
(1) Passport Size Photograph
The instructions for JEE Main photograph 2021 is as follows-
- The photograph must be a recent one and it should be scanned properly.
- The seize should be 10-200 kb.
- Can be either colored or Black and white.
- Avoid wearing caps or google at the time of taking the photograph.
- 80% of the photograph should be your face, with ears visible.
- Do not wear mask in the Photograph.
- The background of the image must be white.
- The sample of the image is provided below.
Candidates can check out the scanning instructions of the documents below.
(2) Signature of the candidate
- The signature of the candidate must be in JPG format.
- It should be done by the candidate only in a running hand.
- The background of the image must be white.
- The file size must be between 4 to 30 Kb.
The sample of the JEE Main signature is provided below
(3) Category Certificate
- The category certificate must be in pdf format
- The file size of the document must be between 50 to 300 Kb.
(4) PWD Certificate
- Candidates having disability more than 40% have to upload the PWD certificate at the time of filling the application form.
- The certificate should be scanned properly and must be in JPG format.
- The file size of the image must be between 50 to 300 Kb.
- It should be authorized by a medical officer.
Photograph and Signature specifications for JEE Main registration
While uploading the documents, candidates must make sure that the documents are as per the specifications. If the documents are not as per the specifications, then the application form gets rejected. Hence, the JEE Main photo and signature specifications are as follows-
|50 to 300 KbDocuments||Format||Document size specifications|
|Passport size photograph (with 80% face without mask)||jpg/jpeg||10 to 200 Kb|
|Signature||jpg/jpeg||4 to 30 Kb|
|Category certificate||jpg/jpeg||50 to 300 Kb|
|PWD certificate||jpg/jpeg||50 to 300 Kb|
|Duly verified result awaited attestation form||jpg/jpeg||50 to 500 Kb|
How to Scan the Documents for JEE Main registration?
Candidates can scan the documents (photograph, signature, and certificates) using the cam scanner app. The app is available both in play store and app store. Candidates have to install and upload the document and scan the image. After scanning the image, the candidates have to save the file.
The step by step process to scan the documents using a scanner is as follows-
- Attach a scanner to the computer
- Open the scanning software from the computer.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi
- Then place the document on the scanner and press the scanner.
- As the document is scanned, candidates will get the notification on your screen.
How to convert png document to jpg document (in windows)
Candidates must note that the photograph and signature have to be in JPG format. Now, many applicants must be unaware of how to convert the documents in jpg format. Hence, to solve the confusion, here are the step by step procedure to convert JEE Main photo/signature image into jpg is as follows-
- Select the PNG file which the candidate wants to convert in the Microsoft Paint Program
- Select the file and click on “Save As”
- Type the file name in the “File Name” space
- Select “JPG” from the drop-down menu and save
How to convert PNG to JPG using Mac?
The step-step wise procedure to convert the PNG document to JPG document is as follows-
- Select the PNG file
- Select “Preview” and then click on “File”
- Then choose “Export” and select “JPG” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the save option
The same method implies for converting the image into PDF.
List of the websites that convert png files to jpg
The websites where the candidates can convert the PNG files to JPG are as follows-
How to resize the image using MS Paint?
The step by step to resize the image is as follows-
- Right-click on the image in the file explorer
- Select open with paint
- Change the vertical and horizontal percentages
- Then change the pixels
- Check the kb size and save
Websites where candidates can resize the image
Candidates can resize their JEE Main documents from the following websites. Candidates must note that these sites are free.
- Shrink pictures
- Pic resizer and
- Adobe photoshop
Documents to Carry along with JEE Main Hall Ticket pdf
The JEE Main admit card releases a week before the date of the exam. Candidates who have submitted the application form can download the admit card by submitting their application number and password. Applicants have to carry the following documents to along with the hall ticket to theJEE Main exam centre.
- Admit card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA Website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled in.
- A simple transparent Ball Point Pen.
- Additional photograph, to be pasted on the attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml).
- Personal transparent water bottle.
- Sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) in case the candidate is diabetic.
Documents required at the time of JEE Main Counselling
The counselling session starts soon after the declaration of the Jee Main result. It is conducted by JoSAA. Candidates whose name is on the merit list have to register for the counselling online. After the registration, the authority offers admissions to the colleges as per the rank of the candidate. Thus, the selected candidates have to carry the following documents at the time of JEE Main Document Verification–
- Hall ticket of JEE Main
- Scorecard of JEE Main
- Three passport size photographs
- Provisional seat allotment letter by JoSAA
- Valid photo identity proof
- Proof of seat acceptance payment
- Date of birth certificate
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet
- Category certificate
- PWD certificate
Documents required for JEE Main 2021 Application Form- FAQs
Ans. Yes, candidates can upload the black and white photograph in the form.
Ans. Candidates can write in blue or black ballpoint pain. The signature must be clear.
Ans. No, the certificate has to be uploaded in PDF format only.