DNB PDCET 2022 – The National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences(NBEMS) has announced the exam date for DNB PDCET 2022. It will be held on 20th March 2022. The registration process for the same is expected to commence from January 2022. DNB Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test is held once a year. Any candidate who has passed the final exam leading to Post Graduate Diploma from any of the Indian Universities can apply for this medical entrance exam in the same broad specialty. Through this exam, the candidates can take admission into 2 year Post Diploma DNB Broad Specialty Courses. The exam is held in the online mode. All those candidates who get a merit position in the exam are granted admission in the various NBE accredited medical colleges / institutions / hospitals in India. A centralized merit-based counselling is held by NBE for the allotment of seats. Check the details below for the DNB PDCET 2022 exam.
DNB PDCET 2022
Important Dates for DNB PDCET 2022
Below given are the tentative dates for the DNB PDCET examination 2022
|Availability of DNB PDCET Information Bulletin||Jan 2022|
|Application form opens||to be notified|
|Application closes||to be notified|
|Correction window opens||to be notified|
|Admit card||Mar 2022|
|Exam date||20th Mar 2022 – Announced|
|Result declaration||to be notified|
|Counselling||to be notified|
DNB PDCET 2022 – An Overview
Read the table given below for the highlights related to the DNB PDCET 2022 exam
|Exam Name||DNB Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences|
|Admission sought into||Post Diploma DNB Broad Specialty Courses|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test|
|Frequency of the exam||Once a year|
|No. of questions||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions (MCQ)|
DNB PDCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check DNB PDCET 2022 eligibility criteria given as follows:
- Candidates must have passed the final examination leading to Post Graduate Diploma from any recognized Indian universities as per the provisions of NMC Act 2019 and the repeled Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Those who have passed this can apply for DNB PDCET 2022 in the same broad specialty.
- Those who are in the final examination of Post Graduate Diploma can also apply but the result of the same must be declared on or before 28 Feb 2022.
- Candidate must possess proof of having passed/passing the PG Diploma final examination on or before the cut off date, February 28, 2022.
- Candidates pursuing a MD/MS/DNB courses currently are not eligible to appear for the exam until they have completed the duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Also, those candidates who have joined (Post Diploma) course in or after January 2020 admission session are not eligible for DNB PDCET 2022. This includes their resignation or discontinuation from the course because of any reason.
- Candidates with Diploma Qualifications from CPS, Mumbai are not eligible for the exam till such time equivalence of CPS diploma qualifications with their counterpart PG Diploma qualifications of NMC / MCI is confirmed by Govt. of India.
- It is necessary to have a Registration with NMC/ the erstwhile MCI / State Medical Council along with the furnished documentary proof on the day of examination as well as during the counselling process.
DNB PDCET 2022 Application Form
Candidates must make sure that they fill DNB PDCET 2022 application form before the last date. Below given are the steps to apply for the examination:
- Visit the official website to register for the exam. Post registration, the login credentials shall be generated.
- Now proceed to fill the application form using the above-mentioned login credentials
- Fill in the personal details, communication details and academic qualifications.
- Then upload the requisite scanned images including photograph, signature, thumb impressions, and PG Diploma Qualification Certificate. Be fully aware of the size mentioned for uploading the images.
- Select your examination city and proceed to pay the application fee.
- Agree to the declaration and submit the application. Do not forget to take a print copy of the same.
Application Fee: The Application Fee is Rs 5900 (Amount as per last year’s details). The prescribed amount must be remitted using a credit card/debit card/net banking.
Details related to the Edit Window for DNB PDCET 2022
Candidates who successfully submit the application during the Application submission window will be allowed to edit their application. All fields in the application form shall be open to editing except the following fields:
- Name of the Candidate
- Email ID
- Test City
DNB PDCET 2022 Syllabus
The level of questions will be of the Post Diploma Exit examination. In each question paper, the questions will be framed from the concerned specialty covering the entire curriculum relevant to the Diploma specialty.
DNB PDCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Below mentioned are the complete details about the Exam Scheme for DNB PDCET 2022
- Exam Mode: It will be a Computer Based Test
- Types of Questions: The exam will comprise Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of questions: There will be a total of 120 questions
- Duration of the exam: The duration of the exam is 120 minutes
- Marking scheme: 4 marks for every correct answer will be awarded. 1 mark deductionwill be done for every incorrect answer. 0 marks for unanswered question shall be awarded.
DNB PDCET 2022 Preparation Tips
Below given are certain tips to follow during the preparation process of the DNB PDCET exam:
- Go through the complete syllabus as well as the examination scheme of the DNB PDCET exam to start the preparation accordingly.
- Select good books for preparing. This will help you in making good notes out of the topics.
- Solve previous year question papers frequently. This will help you in managing time as well as in understanding the important topics better.
- It will be fruitful if you participate in mock tests regularly as it will boost your confidence and help you in preparing better.
Important Books for DNB PDCET 2022
Below given are some important books for the DNB PDCET Exam:
|A Complete Guide For Preparation Of DNB-CET Pattern Vol 1 2018||Check here|
|A Complete Guide To Dnb–Cet (2011 – 2000)||Check here|
|A Complete Guide For Preparation Of DNB-CET Pattern Volume -3||Check here|
DNB PDCET 2022 Admit Card
Admit card for the DNB PDCET 2022 will be released a week prior to the examination date. It is not issued to candidates that are found ineligible before the conduct of the examination. The examination board will alert the candidates regarding the availability of admit card via SMS/Email. The board will not send the Admit Card by Post/Email.
Candidates must download the admit card from the official website and firmly affix a passport size photograph in the space provided in the same. Below given are the specifications of the photograph:
- It should be a coloured photo with white background
- Size should be a minimum of 35*45mm
- It should be 600 dpi resolution
DNB PDCET 2022 Result
As the examination is a ranking examination, the merit list will be prepared for all appeared candidates specialty-wise. Separate merit will be prepared for each Broad specialty in which the PDCET examination is conducted. The result shall be available on the official website, nbe.edu.in. Candidates can download the result card using the login credentials.
Tie-Breaking Criteria (to be followed in descending order):
- Candidate having the greater number of correct answers will be preferred
- Candidate having a lesser number of negative answers will be preferred
- The older candidate will be given preference.
Non-Disclosure Agreement for DNB PDCET 2022
As the DNB PDCET is a proprietary examination, it is only conducted by NBE. The contents of this exam are confidential, proprietary, and are owned by NBE. NBE shall not entertain any request for sharing the contents of the examination including answer keys/answer sheets. The contents of the exam must not be shared with any third party through online means or via social media.
By appearing / registering for the DNB PDCET 2022, a candidate explicitly agrees to the above Non-Disclosure Agreement and confirms that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed. Violation of any act shall be liable for penal action and cancellation of the candidature.
DNB PDCET 2022 Counselling Process
Candidates with their names on the merit list and who are fully eligible for the course as per the eligibility criteria will be called for the Counselling session for DNB PDCET 2022. NBE will conduct a centralized merit-based counselling process for Post Diploma DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges in order of specialty-specific merit. NBE will release a separate handbook with detailed information regarding the Counselling process of the DNB PDCET 2022 examination.
NBE will also release the provisional list of seats in NBE accredited hospitals/Institutions on the official website. During the counselling session, reservation as per the rules at any particular Institution/Medical College shall be provided for SC/ST/OBC and PWBD candidates.
FAQs about DNB PDCET 2022
Ans. It will be a computer-based examination
Ans. The National Board of Examination will be conducting the DNB PDCET 2022
Ans. The expected date of release of the application form is in January 2022. Visit the official website at nbe.edu.in
Ans. DNB PDCET is a national level entrance exam conducted by NBEMS to admit students into various Post Diploma DNB courses
Ans. Yes, 01 mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Ans. The duration of Post Diploma DNB courses is 2 years.
Ans. The exam will be held on 20 March 2022.