Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 – Dibrugarh University will conduct B.Ed Common Entrance Test for the candidates who want to pursue 2 year B.Ed programme. The candidates who have done their Graduation or Post – Graduation with minimum 50% or 55% (varies as per courses done at the time of Graduation) can participate in the exam. Check more details about Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 from this page such as application process, syllabus, eligibility, exam pattern etc.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021
The B.Ed entrance exam Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET is a pen-paper based test. The test is of total 70 marks wherein, the candidate’s knowledge about General English, General Knowledge, Reasoning, Numerical Ability and Teaching Aptitude is tested. The candidates who qualify the entrance test are then selected for admission in the Education Department of Dibrugarh University and its affiliated colleges.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Exam Date
Check the important dates regarding Dibrugarh B.Ed University B.Ed CET 2021 from the table given below.
|Dibrugarh B.Ed CET 2021||Important Dates|
|Availability of application form||2nd week of May 2021|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of Jun 2021|
|Availability of admit card||to be announced|
|Exam date||4th week of Jun 2021|
|Declaration of the result||2nd week of Jul 2021|
It is expected that in the year 2021, the exam shall be conducted in the last week of June. Last year, the exam was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check the previous year dates given below.
|2020||24 Nov 2020|
|2019||30 June 2019|
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Application Form
Application form for Dibrugarh University B.Ed Common Entrance Test is expected to be available in May. Know more.
The candidates can fill Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 application form only via online mode at dibru.online. Check the application process given below.
- First of all, visit dibru.online and then press ‘click here to register’ button.
- Next, register by entering the full name, mobile number, email id and password.
- Now, enter the required details to activate your account.
- Next, login with the username and password and fill the application form.
- Enter the personal details, father’s / guardian’s details, contact details, and educational details.
- Then, upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature in the proper size.
- At last, pay the application fee and take the printout of the acknowledgment slip.
|Particulars||Amount (As per last year’s details)||Mode of Payment|
|Application Fee||Rs 700||Debit card / credit card / net banking|
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- If the acknowledgement slip has not been generated within 6 hours after the the payment of application fee, then you can contact the university’s helpline number. Mention your name, mobile number, date and time of the transaction, and bank account number from where the transaction was done.
- The candidates cannot cancel the submitted application form and no refund is provided in case of the cancellation request.
Important information: One cannot edit the details in Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET application form after its submission. So, carefully enter the details while filling the form and review the form before finally submitting it.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria given below for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021.
- The candidate has to have at least 50% marks (in Aggregate) either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities OR The candidate must have a Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology of Dibrugarh University or from any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with at least 55% marks in with a specialization in Science and Mathematics.
- The candidates who have appeared in the final year examinations are also eligible to apply only if they submit their degree qualifying proof before the admission.
Note: A candidate who has secured 50% marks in the Honours / Major subject but less than 50% marks in all the papers of Bachelors’ degree shall not be eligible for admission in B.Ed programme.
- The candidate will be eligible to receive a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks who belong to the SC/ ST/ OBC/MOBC/ PWD categories OR
- The candidates having a minimum of 5 (five) years of teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam will also be eligible to receive a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Syllabus
Click here for the complete syllabus.
The university does not release the official syllabus for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET. However, we have listed the topics given below according to the previous year question papers and analysis by subject experts.
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Idioms & Phrases
- Sentence Improvement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spotting Errors
- Poetic Devices
- Sentence Arrangement
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spelling Test
- Error Correction
- Joining Sentence
- Para Completion
- Reading Comprehension
GK and Current Affairs
- Wars & Neigbors
- Important National Facts
- Heritage & Arts
- Freedom Movement
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Races and Games
- Indices & Surds
- Permutations & Combinations
- Boats and Streams
- Compound Interest
- Simple Interest
- HCF & LCM
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simplification and Approximation
- Simple Equations
- Problems on Numbers
- Visual Memory
- Space Visualization
- Analytical Reasoning
- Blood Relation
- Venn Diagram
- Semantic Analogy
- Problem Solving
- Number Series
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Symbolic / Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Non-Verbal Test
- Attitude Towards Education
- Leadership Qualities and Group Management
- Children & Teaching Profession
- Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Skills
- General Awareness of Contemporary Issues Pertaining to School Education
- Professional Information & Interest in Teaching
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 exam pattern.
Examination mode: The exam is held in the offline mode. It is a pen-paper based test
Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
Duration: The candidates are given 1 hour 30 minutes
Maximum marks: The test is of 70 marks in total
|Test of Reasoning||15|
Qualifying Marks – At the time of publishing the result for B.Ed CET, the university also releases the qualifying marks i.e. the minimum marks required by the appeared candidates to be declared as Qualified. Only after obtaining the minimum marks, the candidates can take admission in the particular department of the university or its affiliated institutes or colleges.
Check the Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET Qualifying Marks (Data as per last year)
|Particulars||Total Marks||Minimum Marks|
|Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET||70||21|
Books to Prepare for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021
Check the list of books given below to prepare for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021.
|English Grammar by Wren and Martin||Buy Here|
|Teaching Aptitude by RPH Editorial||Buy Here|
|Lucent General Knowledge and Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Manorama Yearly News||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Numerical Aptitude by Kiran Publications||Buy Here|
|Analytical Reasoning by M. K.Pandey||Buy Here|
|B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||Buy Here|
|Teaching Aptitude & Teaching Atitude||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021
Check the preparation tips given below for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021.
- Prepare a time table according to the syllabus of B.Ed CET. As there are 5 sections in the test, make sure that you plan the time table in such a way that the time is equally devoted for the preparation of all the sections.
- Read the newspapers to know what is happening around you. Also, pick the good General Knowledge books available to prepare for GK and Current Affairs section.
- Make notes while studying. Mention the important formulas or points while preparing in these notes.
- Choose those books for the preparation that have the concepts clearly given in them.
- Solve mock tests once the preparation is complete to know the pattern of questions and how time has to be utilized properly during the examination.
- Practice previous year question papers to know what type of questions have been coming in the exam since previous years.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Admit Card
Dibrugarh B.Ed CET admit card is generated after the candidates have paid the application fee. Check the important points regarding the admit card given below.
- The candidates can download the admit card online at dibru.ac.in.
- To download the admit card, the candidates need to enter their username and password in the login window.
- Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET admit card comprises of the details like address of the exam centre, exam timings, exam date, roll number etc.
- Before appearing at the exam centre, the candidates must take the printout of the admit card and carry the same to the exam centre for verification.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Exam Centres
The candidates can enter only 1 exam centre choice while filling the application form. Check Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 exam centres given below.
The list given below is as per last year’s details
|Centre Name||Centre Code|
|Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh||2001|
|Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat||2002|
|KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat||2003|
|College of Teacher Education, Golaghat||2004|
|Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, North Lakhimpur||2005|
|Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji||2006|
|College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia||2007|
|College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana||2008|
|Sibsagar College of Teacher Education, Sivasagar||2009|
Important Guidelines for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021
Check the exam day guidelines given below.
- The candidates are required to answer only in the given OMR answer sheet.
- All candidates must read the instructions given in the cover page of the question booklet as well as in the OMR answer sheet.
- Make sure to carry the admit card to the exam centre.
- Maintain physical distancing at the test centre.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Result
Result for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET releases at dibru.ac.in. The candidates can check the result by logging in with roll number and their exam centre.
- The result is announced in the form of a scorecard.
- Note that the score for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET is valid for one session only i.e. the session for which the exam took place.
- On the availability of the scorecard, the candidates must download it and take the printout for future references.
Note: It is to be kept in mind that Dibrugarh B.Ed CET 2021 score is not the only criteria for the admission of candidates in the Education Department of the university and its affiliated colleges. The admission is based on the admission notices (specifying the application process and selection criteria) as published by the University and other institutes / colleges.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 Selection Criteria
There are basically two criteria that candidates have to fulfill in order to take admission in their preferred institute offering B.Ed. Check the selection criteria given below.
- Clearing B.Ed CET: This is the first criteria that is considered for admission. So, in order to take admission, the candidates need to clear B.Ed Common Entrance Test conducted by the university.
- Career Performance: Along with B.Ed CET, the candidate’s career performance is also taken into account. The career performance carries total 30 marks. The candidate’s career performance includes the percentage secured by them in HSLC, HS, First Year degree / Master’s degree.
Keep in mind, while evaluating the career performance, 10% of the percentage of marks obtained in HSLC, HS and First Year Degree / Master’s degree shall be considered as Career Performance in each examination.
For instance: If a candidate has secured 53% in their First Year Degree, then his / her career performance marks in that examination shall be 5.3.
What After Qualifying Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021?
After qualifying Dibrugarh B.Ed CET, the candidates are required to apply for the admission into institutes or colleges as per their wish or of their choice.
These institutes shall grant them admission after considering their marks in B.Ed CET and Career Performance. The marks on the career performance shall be provided by the respective institutions.
About B.Ed Programme
Check the details of B.Ed programme offered by Dibrugarh University and its affiliated colleges.
- The duration of the programmes is 2 years i.e. 4 semesters in total
- The B.Ed course of Dibrugarh University is recognized by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE)
- The course is offered by NCTE recognized Secondary Teacher Education Institutions affiliated to or recognized Dibrugarh University.
About Dibrugarh University
Dibrugarh University is situated in Assam, India. It was established in the year 1965. The university was established under the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Act, enacted by Assam Legislative Assembly.
It is teaching-cum-affiliating university. It has been accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ Grade in the year 2017. It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Association of Commonwealth Uiversities (ACU). Some of the faculties of the university are:
- Faculty of Humanities and Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Official Website: dibru.ac.in
For more information about Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021, Download Previous Year Brochure for reference.
Frequently Asked Questions on Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021
Ans. Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021 is held in the offline mode. It is a pen-paper based test.
Ans. Yes, you can apply for Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET 2021. However, you need to show the degree qualifying documents within the specified time period.
Ans. The duration of B.Ed programme is 2 years.
Ans. No, you cannot apply via offline mode. Applications submitted via any other mode except the online mode are not accepted.
Ans. You can download your admit card by entering your username and password.
Ans. The result is announced in the form of a scorecard.
Ans. After qualifying B.Ed CET, you need to apply for the college in which you want to take admission. Then, this college considers the CET score and your career performance for the final admission.