CUCET 2022 – UGC and Ministry of Education (MoE) has confirmed that NTA will hold Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for UG admission in all UGC funded Central Universities. CUET UG and CUET PG exams will be held separately. CUET UG will be held in 33 languages and 27 domain specific subjects. Details for CUET PG exam will be out soon.
CUET is now the biggest common entrance exam so far. Earlier, it was called as CUCET but now the exam has been named as CUET 2022. Around 42 central universities will participate in CUCET 2022. Know more details on CUCET 2022 exam from here.
Latest – CUET UG 2022 notification is out and the application form will release on 02 Apr 2022. Full details here.
Latest – UGC and Ministry of Education has released. Click here to check it.
Latest – UGC Chairman Answers Questions on CUCET
In a recent media interaction, Chairman of UGC, informed that the admission in Central Universities (UG Courses) will be only be done based on CUCET 2022 scores.
– Notice will be out tomorrow, on 22 Mar 2022.
– All the central Universities it is compulsory to use CUCET score for admission in all UG programmas.
– Universities may use JEE, GATE, NEET, etc score for the admission in professional programs.
– CUET syllabus will be the same as that for CBSE 11 and 12, for UG courses. The basis for the questions will be NCERT.
– Many universities are joining CUCET and might only use CUCET score for admission. However, for Ph.D admission, universities can decide which score to use for admission.
– There will be no centralised CUCET counselling. Universities, may conduct its own counselling.
Watch full video here:
Latest – CUCET Exam Pattern – What We Know So Far:
– It will have three sections – A, B and C. Section A will be the language test. Section B will be domain specific test and section C will be optional. This section will be a general test for vocational/open eligibility/cross stream test.
– The section A will be a compulsory test, which candidates can attempt in any of the 13 available languages. Section B will offer 27 subjects, out of which candidates can choose any 6 to pursue at undergraduate level.
– The section C, which is optional, is further divided in two sub sections. Sub-section 1 will be general aptitude and subsection 2 will be a language test where 19 languages will be offered.
Latest – Exam will be held in 13 languages, which will be:
– English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
Latest – Optional languages will include Russian, German, French, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
CUCET 2022 Dates
The CUCET 2022 important dates have not been announced yet by the conducting body. However, according to reports the dates are likely to be announced by next week. Given below are tentative dates of CUCET 2022 according to last years data.
|Commencement of Application form for CUET UG||02 Apr 2022|
|Last date to apply for CUET UG||30 Apr 2022|
|Release of admit card||to be announced|
|CUCET 2022 examination||July 2022|
|Release of answer key||to be announced|
|Declaration of results||to be announced|
CUET UG / CUET UG 2022
CUET UG exam will be held for:
- Section IA – 13 Languages
- Section IB – 20 Languages
- Section II – 27 Domain specific Subjects
- Section III – General Test
Section IA languages are – Urdu, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Bengali, Odiya, Assamese, English, Punjabi, and, Hindi.
CUET 2022 Languages for Section IB – Spanish, French, German, Persian, Nepali, Arabic, Italian, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Konkani, Kashmiri, Bodo, Dogri, Manipuri, Maithili, Santhali, Japanese, Tibetan, Russian, and Chinese.
Section II Domain Specific Subjects are –
- Accountancy / Book Keeping
- Business Studies
- Biology / Biological Studies / Biotechnology / Biochemistry
- Economics / Business Economics
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Engineering Graphics
- Geography / Geology
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Home Science
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education / NCC / Yoga
- Political Science
- Mass Media / Mass Communication
- Fine Arts / Visual Arts (Sculpture / Painting) /Commercial Arts,
- Performing Arts
CUCET UG 2022 Paper Pattern
The exam pattern for CUCET UG 2022 exam is as follow:
- CUET will be held as a computer based test.
- All the questions in the exam will be of MCQ type.
- The questions will be asked as class 12th NCERT syllabus.
|Sections||Subject||No. of Qs.||Time|
|Section IA||13 languages||50 Qs – Only 40 to be attempted||45 minutes|
|Section IB||20 languages||50 Qs – Only 40 to be attempted||45 minutes|
|Section II||27 domain specific subjects||50 Qs – Only 40 to be attempted||45 minutes|
|Section III||General test||75 Qs – Only 60 to be attempted||60 minutes|
CUCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria of CUCET 2022 before applying for the examination. The detailed eligibility criteria for each course is available to the candidates on the CUCET 2022 official website cucet.nta.nic.in. The eligibility criteria for CUCET 2022 in given below.
- This is as per the reports in the news. Details official eligibility will be out soon.
|Degree||Course||Domain/General/Optional Languages in section C||Eligibility|
|BA||BA (Hon.) Psychology||Psychology, Sociology, etc.||Candidate must have passed 12th from recognized board in Psychology, Sociology, etc.|
|BA||BA in Arabic, Chinese, French, etc.||General Test||Candidate must have passed 12th with 55% aggregate for General category. |
For SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer)/PwD the minimum marks is 50%.
|B.Sc.||B.Sc. in Biology||Physics, Chemistry and Bio||Passed 12th from recognized board in India with PCB:|
General category – 60%
OBC (non creamy layer) – 55%
SC/ST/PwD – 50%
|Integrated masters degree||Integrated MD in Economics||Economics||Passed 12th from recognized board with Math as compulsory subjects, with minimum 50%.|
|B.Voc.||B.Voc. in Tourism and Hospital Management||General Test||Candidates must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognized board.|
|Diploma||Diploma in Beauty and Wellness||General Test||Candidates must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognized board.|
This eligibility criteria is as per the latest news reports. The official eligibility criteria will also be provided here once it is released.
CUCET 2022 Syllabus
The portion for the CUCET 2022 examination will be based on senior secondary syllabus of different boards. The CUCET 2022 examination will contain two sections, i.e., general aptitude and domain specific test. The syllabus for CUCET 2022 is given below:
|General Aptitude||Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, Logical and Analytical Reasoning, General Awareness, General Knowledge|
|Math||Algebra, Vectors, Trigonometry, Probability, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Statistics|
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, energy and power, Rotational motion, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Magnetism, Atoms and Nuclei, Communication Systems|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts in chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Electro Chemistry and Redox Reactions, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Metals and Elements, Block Elements|
|Biology||Origin of Life, Organic Evolution, Genetics, Applied Biology, Animal Physiology, Plan Physiology, Plant Cell, Ecology, Ecosystems,|
How to Prepare for CUCET 2022
Given below are some preparation tips that will guide candidates for CUCET 2022.
- Candidates must regularly check the official website cucet.nta.nic.in for the recent notifications and updates to prepare thoroughly for CUCET 2022 examination.
- Students must prepare a timetable and divide time accordingly to each subject to excel in CUCET 2022. Time management is very important to complete the exam within the given time frame. Therefore, students should work on sample papers managing their time.
- Candidates appearing for the exam must attempt as many mock papers as they can to be able to attempt the main CUCET 2022 exam.
- Students are advised to make notes and sheets to quickly memorize formulas before the examination in their free time.
- Positive mindset and belief also plays an important role while appearing for an exam. Therefore, students must prepare by following the given tips.
Best Books for CUCET 2022
Following are the best books for CUCET 2022 suggested by toppers and experts.
- RD Sharma Class 11 Math Course
- RD Sharma Class 12 Math Course
- S Chand Class 11 Math Course
- S Chand Class 12 Math Course
- NCERT Class 11 and 12 Math Textbook
- HC Verma Concept of Physics
- DC Pandey New Pattern Physics
- NCERT Class 11 and 12 Physics Textbook
- P Bahadur Numerical Chemistry
- Robert Morrison Organic Chemistry
- NCERT Class 11 and 12 Chemistry Textbook
- James Watson Molecular Biology of the Cell
- James Wise Concepts of Biology
- Peter Raven Biology of Plants
- NCERT Class 11 and 12 Biology Textbook
- Abhijit Guha Competitive Aptitude for all Competitive exams
- RS Aggarwal A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Ram Mohan Pandey General Aptitude
CUCET 2022 Application Form
The CUCET 2022 application form has not been released yet. However, according to last years data, the application form will be released in the month of August. The CUET 2022 application fee for General/ OBC/ EWS is Rs. 800/- and Rs. 350/- for SC/ST/Transgender. The steps to fill the application are given below:
STEP 1: Go to the CUCET 2022 official website cucet.nta.nic.in
STEP 2: Click on Register Now. The candidates will be required to fill basic information such as name, date of birth, registered phone number or email id, etc.
STEP 3: After successfully registering themselves, candidates will receive their login credentials to their registered email id or phone number.
STEP 4: Candidates must login to CUCET 2022 official website using their login credentials and fill the CUCET 2022 application form. candidates will be required to fill in important information such as name, date of birth, academic qualifications, required course, etc.
STEP 5: After filling all the required information, it is important for candidates to crosscheck all the filled details before clicking on submit.
STEP 6: After clicking on submit, the candidate can make payment online using Debit card/ Credit card, Online payment.
CUCET 2022 Application Form Correction
The conducting body gives the candidates the opportunity to make changes or corrections to the CUCET 2022 application form in case of any discrepancy. Candidates will be given a date by the conducting body to make corrections to the application form such as change of center, academic details, etc., online. Changes can me made by the candidate online only on the given date. Changes will not be entertained by the conducting body after the given date. Therefore, candidates must make changes if there are any only on the Application Form Correction date released by the conducting body.
CUCET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CUCET 2022 admit card from the CUCET 2022 official website cucet.nta.nic.in. Candidates must login in to the student dashboard using their login credentials in the CUCET 2022 official website and download the admit card. Candidates must take a print of the admit card. It is very important for the candidates to carry the admit card to the examination center as they will not be allowed inside the hall without the CUCET 2022 admit card. Candidates must also check all the details on the admit card before downloading it. In case of any discrepancy of the CUCET 2022 admit card, they must contact the higher authorities.
CUCET 2022 Answer Key
The CUCET 2022 answer key will be released after the completion of the CUCET 2022 examination. The official answer key is most likely to release within a week to 10 days after the examination. The candidates can use the answer key to calculate their tentative scores. The candidates must check the answer key and the answers marked by them in the main examination and add up the scores based on the CUCET 2022 marking scheme. The official answer key is released by the conducting body on the CUCET 2022 official website cucet.nta.nic.in. The candidates can download it from the official website and it will be available to them in PDF format.
The candidates also have the opportunity to challenge the provisional answer key released by the conducting body. The candidates have to pay R. 200/- per question which is non- refundable and challenge the question which seems to have a wrong answer released by the conducting body. After going through all the challenges, experts will decide and release the final answer key within few days.
Apart from the official answer key, unofficial answer keys will be released by coaching centers and experts. candidates can use the unofficial answer key to calculate their tentative score in case there is a delay in the release of the official answer key.
CUCET 2022 Result
The CUCET 2022 result will be released by the conducting body on the CUCET 2022 official website cucet.nta.nic.in. Candidates must login with their login credentials in order to view their results. Candidate can also download their rank card from the official website. Depending upon the rank of the candidate in the CUCET 2022 examination, he/she can further proceed for counselling. The CUCET 2022 result date has not been announced yet. However, according to last years data, the CUCET 2022 result is most likely to release in the month of October. The process of Normalization based on Percentile score is followed by the conducting body to declare the results of the candidates. The process of Normalization is an established practice for comparing candidate scores across multi session papers. Percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the examination. Basically the marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session of examinees.
CUCET 2022 FAQs
The official date of CUCET 2022 has not been released by the conducting body yet. However, according to last years data, the CUCET 2022 will most likely be held in the month of September.
Candidates can apply for 42 Central Universities across India through CUCET 2022.
One can fill the application form for UCET 2022 from the CUCET 2022 official website cucet.nta.nic.in.
Candidates will have to attempt two papers under CUCET 2022, i.e., General Aptitude test and Domain Specific test which is based on the subjects chosen by the candidates, However, it is a continuous exam and there are no breaks between each test.
The syllabus for General Aptitude Test is Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and General Awareness.