|Details - COMEDK 2021, Eligibility, Login, Exam Centres, Admit Card, Cut Offs, Result, Counselling, Cut Off|
|Registration Regarding - Application Form, Documents Required, Registration Process Guide|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Mock Test, Exam Pattern, Question Papers, Preparations, Notes|
COMEDK 2021: Candidates can edit their filled-in COMEDK application form between August 05 to August 07, 2021. Besides this, the application process is over. COMEDK Under Graduate Entrance Test is held for admission into Engineering courses – B.E / B.Tech that comes under the Consortium. As per the official information, COMEDK UGET 2021 will be held on September 14, 2021 in two slots; morning and afternoon. The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka conducts COMEDK UGET. It is a computer-based test through which 16,216 seats are filled in almost 133 colleges. A merit / rank is generated on the basis of the candidate’s scores in the entrance test only. Check complete details on COMEDK 2021 from this page such as application process, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
Latest News Stories on COMEDK 2021 Exam
15 June 2021 – COMEDK 2021 Exam Date Announced, UGET on 14 September; Last Date for Application Form Extended Too. Read More.
COMEDK 2021 Exam Date, Application From Dates
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka has announced the exam date and others important event dates for COMEDK UGET 2021. The important dates to note are as follows.
|Important Events of COMEDK UGET 2021||Dates|
|Release of COMEDK UGET 2021 notification||08 Feb 2021|
|Release of COMEDK UGET 2021 application form||22 Mar 2021|
|Mock test made available online||15 Apr 2021|
|Last date to pay the fee and submit online application form at comedk.org||03 Aug 2021 (11:59 pm)|
|Application correction window starts on||05 Aug 2021 (11:00 AM)|
|Application correction window ends on||07 Aug 2021 (5:00 PM)|
|Issuance of COMEDK UGET 2021 hall ticket||04 Sep 2021 (Expected)|
|Last date for downloading the COMEDK UGET 2021 hall ticket|
|COMEDK 2021 exam|
|Publication of COMEDK UGET 2021 answer keys and start date for online submission of objections|
|Last date to challenge answer keys|
|Publication of COMEDK UGET 2021 Final Answer Key|
|Declaration of COMEDK UGET 2021 result|
|Counselling for COMEDK UGET 2021|
COMEDK 2021 Application Form
COMEDK has released COMEDK UGET 2021 application form on 22nd March at comedk.org. Apply Online Here.
COMEDK 2021 registration can be done only at comedk.org. Note that the email and mobile number entered at the time of registration must remain same during the whole admission process. An email id once used cannot be used again for registration.
How to Apply?
- Click on the link of the application form available on this page.
- Next, enter the candidate’s details in the registration form. Then, generate and validate OTP.
- Then, login with the generated user id and password and enter the personal, category, academic details.
- Next, select the exam city.
- Then, verify all the details entered in the form.
- Next, pay the application fee and take the printout of the application form.
|Stream||COMEDK UGET |
|COMEDK and UNIGAUGE |
|PCM||Rs 1800 + Convenience Charges||Rs 2800 + Convenience Charges|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
Click Here to check the list of all the documents required for COMEDK 2021 registration.
COMEDK 2021 Exam Timing / Slots
COMEDK UGET 2021 Exam is going to be conducted in two slots i.e. Morning Session and Afternoon Session. Check out the complete exam timing from the below table.
|Morning Session/Slot||9:00 AM to 12 Noon|
|Afternoon Session/Slot||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
COMEDK UGET 2021
UNI GAUGE E 2021
COMEDK 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates from all over the country can apply for COMEDK 2021. Check the program-wise eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidates must have passed 2nd PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary examination or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government. The candidates have completed last 2 years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- The general candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate (40% in case of SC / ST / OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The candidates must have passed these subjects individually.
- Note that Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
Note: Diploma candidates are not eligible for COMEDK UGET 2021.
For Architecture Courses
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or second PUC.
- The candidates must have passed above examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% (45% for SC / ST / OBC candidates of Karnataka) aggregate marks. Also, the candidates must have passed 50% (45% for SC / ST / OBC candidates of Karnataka) in 10+2 level examination OR
- All those candidates who have passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% (45% for SC / ST / OBC candidates of Karnataka) aggregate marks can also apply. The candidates must have individually passed these subjects.
- The candidates must have qualified NATA or JEE Main Paper 2. The qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting minimum cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting minimum qualifying marks in aggregate.
Note: No entrance test is conducted by COMEDK for admission into B.Arch course.
Who will be considered as Domicile of Karnataka?
COMEDK 2021 Syllabus
COMEDK UGET 2021 syllabus is based on the current syllabus of 10+2 / 1st and 2nd PUC / 11th and 12th standard.
- The official syllabus shall be made available for COMEDK UGET till 30th April 2021 at comedk.org.
Until the syllabus is released, the candidates can check the 10+2 subject-wise topics given below.
- Sets and Functions
- Relations and Functions
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics and Probability
- 3 Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions
- s-block elements
- Some p block elements
- Organic Chemistry: Some basic principles and techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Click here for the details COMEDK 2021 Syllabus
Mock Tests for COMEDK 2021
The candidates can access COMEDK 2021 mock test at comedk.org. The exam conducting body provides the opportunity to the candidates in the form of a mock test to familiarize themselves with the CBT.
- 6 different mock tests available to the candidates before the exam date
- The mock tests are available for the registered candidates only
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
Steps to start the Mock Test:
Step 1: Click on the “Mock Test” button, and access the mock test page.
Step 2: Than, candidates enter the user name and password will appear automatically as “11111. Click on “Sign In”
Step 3: And read the given “General Instructions” carefully.
Step 4: Click on “Next” after reading instructions
Step 5: Click on “Check box” at bottom of page after reading all content and click on “I am ready to begin”
Advantages of mock tests
- By solving the mock tests, the candidates can get to know how a computer-based test has to be given.
- The candidates can learn about the time-management technique required to complete the exam.
- Also, by solving the COMEDK previous year question papers, the candidates can get to know the topics that need revision only and the topics that require a proper understanding of concepts.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Exam Pattern
COMEDK UGET is a computer-based test. Check the detailed COMEDK exam pattern 2021 given below.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours
- Medium of exam: The question paper will be available in English language only
- No. of questions: There are total 180 questions in the test
- Total marks: The test is of total 180 marks
- Marking Scheme: 01 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers
Distribution of questions
|Subjects||No. of questions|
Recommended Books for COMEDK 2021
Given below are some books that can be referred for the preparation of COMEDK 2021.
|11 Years COMEDK Chapterwise Solutions||Check Price Here|
|H C Verma Concept Of Physics Vol-1 , With Solution Set Of 2 Books||Check Price Here|
|TEXTBOOK OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY||Check Price Here|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||Check Price Here|
|Integral Calculus and Differential Calculus||Check Price Here|
Other books you can refer for preparation are as follows:
- NCERT Textbooks
- JEE Main and Advanced Preparation Books
- JD Lee Concise Inorganic Chemistry
- RD Sharma Objective Mathematics
How to Prepare for COMEDK 2021?
As stated before, the COMEDK exam is based on the 10+2 syllabus. Therefore, candidates who have passed the board exams in 2021 and are willing to appear in the COMEDK 2021 exam for B.E./B.Tech admissions have the advantage of being acquainted with the important topics.
Here are some useful preparation tips and tricks for such candidates so as to help them ace the exam in the first attempt.
Tip 1: Know the syllabus of the exam first. This means knowing all the important topics that are asked in the exam. Identify these in each subject and if required make a list of such topics and sub-topics.
Tip 2: Chalk out a study plan as per subject-wise priority. Some topics are time-consuming while others take lesser time to prepare. Similarly, a candidate who is weak in one topic may be strong in the others. Prioritize topics to study and devise them in a study plan.
Tip 3: Make slots for daily revisions. Without consistent revision, candidates can tend to forget what they study. One can also make short notes and refer to these during last minutes preparations.
Tip 4: Since the COMEDK 2021 syllabus is based on 10+2, candidates are advised to refer to the NCERT textbooks and clear out fundamental concepts. Other important books for 10+2 exams can also be referred to.
Tip 5: Make time to learn formulas from the subjects of Physics. Chemistry and Mathematics.
Tip 6: Ensure that you solve enough mock tests to get a first-hand idea of how it feels to take the COMEDK test within a duration of 3 hours. Get acquainted with the type and nature of questions asked by referring to the previous year papers as well.
Click here for more preparation tips for COMEDK 2021
COMEDK 2021 Application Form Correction
The candidates are given a chance to edit the details in COMEDK 2021 application form. The candidates can do the corrections at comedk.org. The corrections have to be done through online only.
The candidates can edit some of the details and can upload the photograph and signature images if there is any error in them.
Details that cannot be edited are:
- Applicant’s Name
- Date of birth
- Email id
- Mobile number
- Test city preferences etc
COMEDK 2021 Admit Card (Online Test Admission Ticket)
COMDK admit card is released at the candidate’s login and it can be downloaded from comedk.org. No admit card is dispatched to the candidates by email / post / courier / in person.
- On the day of the examination, the candidates must carry the printed copy of the admit card.
- A valid id proof and 2 passport size photographs have to be carried too on the day of the exam.
- Make sure that the invigilator signs the admit card on the day of the examination.
- The candidates have to retain COMEDK 2021 admit card till the time of counselling.
- Details like Test admission ticket number, candidate’s name and address, test center details, test timings, id proof details, general instructions etc are mentioned in the admit card.
- The candidates must not laminate or mutilate the admit card. They must not also change any entry made in the admit card.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Test Centres
The test centre are allotted to the candidates on the first-come-first-serve basis. The candidates can choose 3 exam city while filling the application form. Check the exam cities given below.
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar / Naharlagun|
Mumbai / Navi Mumbai
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar / Durg|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu |
Noida / Greater Noida
Important Instructions for COMEDK 2021
The test-takers have to follow the instructions given below on the day of the examination.
- Reach the exam centre 120 minutes before the test commencement. The exam hall shall be opened 60 minutes before the test. So, manage the time accordingly.
- The candidates must take their seats immediately after the opening of exam hall.
- In the examination hall, the candidates must sit on their allotted place only. If any candidate is found to be at someone’s else seat, then his / her candidature will be cancelled.
- Do not carry any prohibited material like textual material, printed material, any electronic gadgets etc in the exam hall.
- No one is allowed to go out of the room temporarily for any reason while the test is going on. If this is done, then this will be treated as one of the grounds of dismissal.
- Until the examination is over, the candidates cannot leave the examination hall.
COMEDK 2021 Answer Key
The candidates can check COMEDK 2021 answer key at comedk.org. The answer keys are also released at the candidate’s login.
Provisional Answer Key: Firstly, the provisional answer key is released. If the candidates find any error in it, they can challenge it by logging in with the user id and password and by filling out the query form available online. With this, all the details of the objections and supporting documents have to be submitted too.
Final Answer Key: After the verification of the errors, the final answer key is published. COMEDK 2021 final answer key can also be checked from the candidate’s login.
Challenge Fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 500 + Convenience charges as applicable per clarification. The fee has to be submitted online only. If the objection is found to be correct, the money will be refunded to the candidates after the completion of COMEDK 2021 process.
COMEDK 2021 Result
The test scores of the candidates are made available at comedk.org at the candidate’s login. The final merit / rank is generated according to the candidate’s performance in the COMEDK UGET.
- The result is declared in the form of a rank card.
- No rank card is dispatched to the candidates via post / courier / email.
- The rank card is one of the important documents that has to be carried at the time of counselling.
COMEDK 2021 Cut Offs
Candidates who secure minimum marks as designated by the Consortium are only shortlisted and awarded merit list. As a matter of fact, the cut-offs are variable and dependent on a variety of factors including the level of difficulty of the exam, number of applicants etc.
Click here for course-wise cutoffs for COMEDK for past few years.
COMEDK 2021 Seat Reservation
The candidates are classified as General Merit and SC / ST / OBC or those belonging to Tulu / Telugu communities and those belonging to Hyderabad – Karnataka region. Check the details given below.
|Reservations / Minority available|
|Applicable Institutions||Who is eligible for seat?|
|Hyderabad – Karnataka region||HK region seats are made available |
by all COMEDK institutions
|HK region candidates having HK region certificate|
|Tulu Minority||Tulu Minority seats in Tulu Minority college only||Tulu Minority candidates from Karnataka with proof of Tulu Minority status issued by School Principal / Head where the candidate has studied|
|Telugu Minority||Telugu Minority seat in Telugu Minority college only||Telugu Minority candidates from Karnatak with proof of Telugu Minority status issued by School Principal / Head where the candidate has studied|
COMEDK 2021 Counselling
The candidates who qualify COMEDK UGET are required to then take part in the counselling. The details of the counselling are announced at comedk.org. Generally, there are 3 rounds of COMEDK counselling. Check the counselling process given below.
- Register for the online counselling
- Next, upload the documents for verification
- Then, do the choice filling
- Check the seat allotment results and accept the seat
The schedule for the counselling B.Arch course is announced separately.
COMEDK UGET Engineering Member Institutes
Check the list of COMEDK UGET Engineering member institutes given below.
|Acharya Institute of Technology||ACS College of Engineering|
|AMC Engineering College||KLE Technological University|
|BMS College of Engineering||Coorg Institute of Technology|
|GM Institute of Technology||KS Institute of Technology|
|M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology||Rajeev Institute of Technology|
|Srinivas Institute of Technology||The Oxford College of Engineering|
|Gopalan College of Engineering & Management||Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology|
- Click here to check the full list – Engineering institutes
- Click here to check the full list – Ini Gauge
Courses Offered Through COMEDK 2021
Based on the official website and the previous iteration of the exam, the following branches are offered for B.E. in various Engineering Colleges in Karnataka.
- Automation & Robotics
- Ceramic & Cement Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Tech & Management
- Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Communications
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Industrial Engineering & Production
- Information Science
- Information Technology & Engineering
- Instrumentation Technology
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Medical Electronics
- Nano Technology
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) is an autonomous institution that conducts entrance exam and offer admission to the candidates through an effective, fair and transparent method. COMEDK has been serving 16 medical, 24 dental and approximately 190 engineering colleges. It conducts annual UG and PG entrance exam for the member institutions and also organize centralized counselling process.
Official Website: comedk.org
FAQs on COMEDK 2021
Ans. For B.Tech stream, you would be eligible as per the norms of AICTE / VTU.
Ans. COMEDK UGET is a computer-based test.
Ans. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 or 2nd PUC with Physics, Chemistry, English, Chemistry as compulsory subjects with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC / ST / OBC of Karnataka) can apply for COMDEK UGET 2021. The candidates must have also passed PCM individually.
Ans. No, COMEDK UGET is held for admission to the students all over the country.
Ans. COMEDK UGET 2021 Exam will be held on September 14, 2021.
Ans. You would be eligible for B.Tech stream as per the norms of AICTE / VTU.
Ans. Yes, you can change your answer any number of times before the end time of the exam.
Ans. The selection of seats for UG course in Member institutes according to the merit in COMEDK UGET 2021.