CLAT 2022 – Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLU) has announced exam dates for CLAT 2022 and CLAT 2023. CLAT 2022 will be conducted on 08 May 2022. Whereas, the exam date for CLAT 2023 is 18 Dec 2022. The exam for admission session 2022-23 and 2023-24 will be both held in 2022. However, students must not consider these as multiple attempts. Those who will qualify CLAT 2022 will get admission in 2022-23 session and those who will qualify CLAT 2023 will get admission in 2023-24 session. Know more details below.
Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a law entrance test conducted for admissions in various undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses. The application form and the details of the exam are released at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. CLAT exam is held in pen and paper mode, the duration of the same is 2 hours. The seats are offered at 22 NLUs and other participating universities. Scroll below to check out more information regarding the exam dates, application form, admit card, exam pattern, result, and much more about CLAT 2022 in detail.
Though both exam dates happen to be in the same year, candidates should not get confused as these dates are for admission in separate sessions.
CNLU also reduced the counseling fees of CLAT 2022. Counseling fees for general category students are now Rs 30000 while students who belong to ST/SC/OBC/BC/EWS/PWD have to pay Rs 20000 as counseling fees.
CLAT 2022 Important Dates
Check out the important dates for the CLAT 2022 examination from down below.
|Commencement of online application form||To be announced|
|Application form closing date||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|CLAT 2022 Exam Date||08 May 2022|
|Duration of Examination||To be announced|
|Release of Official Answer Key||To be announced|
|CLAT 2022 Result||To be announced|
|Counseling Dates||To be announced|
CLAT 2022 Overview
|Name of the Exam||CLAT 2022 (Common Law Admission Test)|
|CLAT Exam Conducting Body||The consortium of National Law Universities by NLSIU|
|CLAT Recurrence||Once a year|
|CLAT Exam Mode||Offline|
|CLAT Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|CLAT Exam Language||English|
|CLAT Courses for Admission||BBA LLB, BSW LLB, LLM, BA LLB, B Com LLB, B Sc LLB|
|No. of Participating Colleges||23 NLUs (including National Law University, Delhi)|
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspiring students shall check their eligibility for CLAT 2022 before filling up their application form.
For UG Courses
- The candidates must passed their qualifying examination i.e., 10+2 or equivalent examination with:
- 45% marks or equivalent grade for the candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / OCI / NRI / PIO categories to fulfill the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2022.
- 40% marks or equivalent grades for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the board examination in March or April 2022 are also eligible to appear for the CLAT 2022 examination, but their passing certificate of the qualifying examination is required as evidence at the time of admission.
- The result of the 10+2 qualifying examination shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission, failing in this, he/she shall not be eligible for further admission to the NLUs.
There will be no upper age limit to apply for CLAT 2022 Exam
For PG courses
- The candidate requires an LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of
- 50% of marks or its equivalent grade for the candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / OCI / NRI / PIO categories to fulfill the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2022.
- 45% of marks or its equivalent grade for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST categories.
- The candidates appearing in their qualifying board or other examination in April/May 2022 are also eligible to apply for the CLAT 2022 examination.
There will be no upper age limit to apply for CLAT 2022 Exam.
CLAT 2022 Application Form
Candidates attempting to get admission to various law courses can fill the application form for CLAT 2022 on the official CLAT website only. The steps are given below.
- The candidates are required to register themselves for CLAT 2022 at its official website by using their mobile number and email Id.
- Once the candidate’s registration is done, candidates can login for CLAT 2022 using the registered mobile number and the password.
- Fill the form carefully with authentic details about the candidate only and upload the required documents, scanned photograph & signature in the prescribed size. Any alteration found in the documentation may disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- Candidates can make the necessary changes in the application form during the correction phase released by the authority but the candidate cannot change the program, category, and BPL field.
- The candidates then have to take out a print-out of the filled application form for CLAT 2022.
CLAT 2022 Application Fee: The fee is non refundable.
CLAT 2022 Admit Card
All the candidates who have filled the application form correctly and paid the application form fee for CLAT 2022, will be able to download the admit card for the CLAT exam from the official website i.e. consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates are informed to carry a valid ID proof with their admit card to the CLAT 2022 exam center. The CLAT 2022 admit card comprises of important details like name of candidate, roll number, test center name and address, timings, reporting hour etc.
CLAT 2022 Syllabus
To prepare and make a plan of study routine, students can refer to the following prescribed syllabus of CLAT 2022. The UG-CLAT 2022 shall be a 2-hour test divided across the following 5 subjects.
- Quantitative Techniques
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
This is otherwise called the mathematics section which includes short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, textual or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions.
This section will be based on a series of questions that requires you to demonstrate your comprehension and language skills, including your skills related to:
- passage & central theme
- inferences and conclusions based on the passage
- summarizing passage
- contrasting arguments/ viewpoints set out in the passage
Current Affairs & General Knowledge
This section mostly includes:
- basic general knowledge of current and past years
- question on events & happenings occurring in this current phase
- national & international current affairs
- awareness & legal information
- arts and culture
- historical events of continuing significance
This passage section may consist of fact situations or scenarios including legal matters, public policy questions, or moral philosophical queries.
This section includes a variety of questions related to logical reasoning such as syllogism, Critical analyze patterns, logical sequences or analogies, identification of contradictions and equivalence, and accessing the effectiveness of arguments etc.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
To pass with flying colors, candidates can check out the CLAT 2022 exam pattern from down below.
Maximum Marks – The maximum marks for the CLAT 2022 UG are 150, and for PG are 120.
Duration of CLAT 2022 Exam – The duration of CLAT 2022 is 2 hours.
Questions Type – The questions are of Multiple-Choice Type.
Negative Marking – 0.25 mark is deduced for each wrong answer
|Sections||No. of questions(Weightage)|
|Quantitative Aptitude||13-17 (10% of the paper)|
|English||28-32 (20% of the paper)|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 (20% of the paper)|
|General Awareness||35-39 (25% of the paper)|
|Legal Aptitude||35-39 (25% of the paper)|
How to Prepare for CLAT 2022 UG?
The Consortium authority publishes various preparatory materials for the UG-CLAT 2022 including:
- Guides to the question paper with answer booklets
- Sample question papers
- Model question papers
- Instructional materials
- Exercises for each of the subjects/ sections
How to Prepare for CLAT 2022 PG?
The Consortium authority also publishes various preparatory materials for the PG-CLAT 2022 that includes:
- Refresh your knowledge of important judgments.
- Refresh your knowledge of important constitutional and legislative provisions.
- Try to discern various issues discussed in such judgments.
- Create awareness of historical case law and amendments.
Important Books for CLAT 2022
|Objective General 2022 (English)||R S Aggarwal||Click here|
|Universal’s CLAT Guide (Legal Aptitude)||Universal’s||Click here|
|Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude||AP Bhardwaj||Click here|
|Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2022||Pearson’s||Click here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R S Aggarwal||Click here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications||Click here|
CLAT 2022 Answer Key
The Consortium of National Law University will release the provisional answer key in online mode in PDF format. Candidates can download the official answer key for CLAT 2022 in online mode by filling in the login credential like mobile number and password. Also, many educational centers and coaching centers also release the unofficial answer key on their websites on the same day of the CLAT Exam 2022 is held.
How to download CLAT 2022 Answer Key?
- Search for the official website of CLAT 2022 on your desktop.
- Login to your account using your registered ID and password.
- Click on the answer key link on the main page.
- Download the official answer key for CLAT 2022 which will be exhibited in PDF form on the screen.
CLAT 2022 Reservation Category
CLAT 2022 Reservation Criteria for CLAT 2022 Result admission process will be subjected as per Bihar Reservation Act, 2003.
|Unreserved Category (GEN)||40%|
|SCs of Bihar|
STs of Bihar
|Extremely Backward Classes (EBC)||18%|
|OtherBackward Classes (OBC)||12%|
|Women of Backward Classes (WBC)||03%|
CLAT 2022 Cutoff
The CLAT cutoff for 2022 is the minimum marks or the last merit rank that the candidate needs to secure in the CLAT 2022 Exam.
CLAT Entrance Exam Previous Years Cutoff marks (GEN)
|NLUs||Cut off 2019||Cut Off 2018||Cut Off 2016|
|National Law School of India University||68||58||58|
|National Law Institute University||386||350||339|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||132||130||124|
|National Law University Jodhpur||378||343||347|
|Gujarat National Law University||494||453||465|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||924||801||759|
|National Law University Odisha||1160||1023||1038|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies||928||826||918|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy||1556||1124||1103|
|National University of Study & Research in Law||1254||1051||1037|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School||1571||1151||1160|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||503||478||466|
CLAT 2022 Counselling
The counseling process will be only released once the Consortium releases the dates for all the events related to CLAT 2022 on its official website. It will be conducted in various rounds through online mode. Candidates will have to fill their preferences of the colleges and courses they want for admission, further, the seats will be allotted based on their rank, category, and availability of seats.
About CLAT 2022
The very 1st National Law University namely, National Law School of India University was established in 1987 in Bangalore, India. There are 23 NLUs out of which 22 are enrolling students through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) (But, National Law University, Delhi has its own separate test). From the year 1987 to 2007, there were only 7 NLUs situated here each having its own test.
FAQs for CLAT 2022
Answer: You can check the results on the official page of CLAT.
Answer: There will be no upper age limit for UG & PG CLAT Courses.
Answer: After the exam is concluded successfully, you will be able to get the answer key for CLAT 2022 Exam in online mode.
Answer: You can fill the application form for CLAT 2022 on the official CLAT website once they are officially released.