CLAT 2022 Notification – The Consortium of National Law University (NLU) has released the official notification announcing the exam date of CLAT 2022 on the official website consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The CLAT 2022 will be held on 8 May 2022 for all the preparing candidates. The online registrations for the CLAT 2022 will open from 01 January 2022. The Common Law Entrance Test (CLAT) will be conducted for the enrollment of the candidates in Undergraduate and Postgraduate law courses offered by the 22 National Law universities. All candidates interested in admission to the prominent law universities of India can fill the application form on NLU’s official website. Check here to know more about the CLAT 2022 notification and exam dates.
CLAT 2022 Notification
Latest – CLAT 2022 notification has been released. The registration process will commence from January 01, 2022.
As per the official announcement, the CLAT 2022 will be conducted on 08 May 2022 while the CLAT 2023 will be held on 18 December 2022. Hence, two Common Law Admission Tests will be held in the year 2022. Along with it, the exam authorities have also notified to reduce the counseling fees from 50,000/- to 30,000/- for the General Category candidates and to 20,000/- for OBC/SC/ST and other reservation candidates. The registrations to the CLAT 2022 will commence from 01 January 2022 and will close by 31st March 2022. Candidates interested must fill the CLAT 2022 application forms at the earliest.
Important Information released in CLAT 2022 Notification
The CLAT 2022 Exam Schedule has been announced by the Consortium of National Law University through the official notification. It is a pen and paper-based MCQ exam with negative marking for admission of candidates into 22 participating NLUs. Students can check the official exam schedule and dates released by the authorities in the table given below:
|Events||CLAT 2022 Exam Dates|
|CLAT 2022 Notification||26 Dec 2021|
|Release of Online Application Form||01 Jan 2022|
|Closing of Online Application Form||31 Mar 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Exam Date||08 May 2022 (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm)|
|CLAT 2022 Result||to be announced|
|CLAT 2022 Counseling Sessions||to be announced|
Courses Offered through CLAT 2022
Students qualifying for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022 will be granted admission to 22 prominent National Law Universities (NLUs) and other top law colleges across India. The admission to the five-year integrated LLB courses and one-year LLM courses is strictly on the basis of the CLAT 2022 scores. The list of courses offered through CLAT 2022 are given below:
- BA LLB (Bachelor of Arts LLB)
- BSc LLB (Bachelor of Science LLB)
- BCom LLB (Bachelor of Commerce LLB)
- BBA LLB (Bachelor of Business Administration LLB)
- BSW LLB (Bachelor of Social Work LLB)
- LLM (Master of Laws)
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the CLAT 2022 Application Form, candidates must see the eligibility criteria for both UG and PG courses. The students must fulfill the following terms and conditions to appear for the CLAT 2022 Exam:
Eligibility criteria for UG Program
- Education Qualification: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or any other equivalent exam from any recognised university or board from across India.
- Percentage Requirement: Student must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying exam to appear for CLAT 2022 (40% for SC/ST/OBC and any other reservation candidates).
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates appearing for their 12th board exam in March/April are also eligible to appear for CLAT 2022, but their passing certificate of the qualifying exam has to be shown during the time of admission.
Eligibility criteria for PG Program
- Education Qualification: The candidate must have passed LLB or an equivalent examination from a recognised university across India.
- Percentage Requirement: Student must have scored a minimum of 55% marks or its equivalent grade for appearing in the CLAT 2022 Exam for candidates belonging to General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI categories (50% for SC/ST/OBC and any other reservation candidates).
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examinations in March/April are also eligible to appear for CLAT 2022, but their passing certificate of the qualifying examination has to be shown during the time of admission.
CLAT 2022 Application Fee
The candidates will have to pay the required application fees at the time of filling the CLAT 2022 Application Form. The form will not be accepted without the payment of the application fees. The students can refer to the CLAT 2022 Exam Fees details along with the mode of payment given below:
|General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates||₹ 4000/-|
|SC/ST category candidates||₹ 3500/-|
Mode of Payment:
The online application fees can be paid by the candidate using a credit card/ debit card or net banking. Offline payment methods are not available.
CLAT 2022 Application Form
Candidates eligible for CLAT 2022 can apply online through the official website of the consortiumofnlus.ac.in. till the last date 31st March 2022. The registrations to the CLAT 2022 exam will begin from 1st January 2022. All interested candidates can apply by filling out the registration form. Students can follow the given steps to successfully fill the CLAT 2022 Application Form.
How to apply online?
- Visit their official website at consortiumofnlus.ac.in to apply for CLAT 2022.
- Click on the “Register” link present on the screen and complete the registration process by entering your name, mobile number, email ID and setting a password.
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number in order to complete the registration process.
- Now log in again to the website using the registered mobile number and set password to access the CLAT 2022 Application form.
- Fill up the application form with the relevant details asked and upload the necessary scanned images of documents, photographs, and signatures in the prescribed specifications only.
- Make the payment of the fees using any of the online modes to complete the application process and then submit the application form.
Students have to make sure that the image and the signature formats should be correct to avoid any rejection. Following are the image specifications for the documents attached.
|Photograph||JPEG / JPG||20 KB – 50 KB||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPEG / JPG||10 KB – 20 KB||140 x 60 pixels|
|State of domicile certificate||1.5 MB||200 × 300 pixels|
- The photograph must be a recent and a coloured photgraph of the candidate.
- The picture background must be a light-coloured, preferably white background.
- Signature should be signed on white paper with black ink ball pen.
- Signature should be not in capital Letters.
- All the documents attached should be validated by the Government of India.
Documents required for filling the CLAT 2022 Application Form
Candidates will be required to upload some documents during the filling of the application form. Therefore, students must keep the following documents handy before registering for the CLAT 2022 Exam.
- Three identical coloured passport size photographs of the candidate
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- School leaving certificate
- Residence certificate etc.
CLAT 2022 Notification – FAQs
Ans. The registrations to the CLAT 2022 Exam will open from 01 January 2022 and close on 31 March 2022. Students are advised to fill the application form as soon as possible in the given time period.
Ans. Candidates who have passed Class 12 or an equivalent examination from any recognized board and institution with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to appear for CLAT 2022. Students appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2022 are also eligible to appear for the exam.
Ans. Yes, the CLAT 2022 Exam will be conducted in a pen-paper or an offline mode only from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the test centers on 8 May 2022. It will have multiple choice questions in English Language only.
Ans. Yes, you can give CLAT 2022 after the finishing of your 12th grade. Only candidates who have either appeared or are appearing for the Class 12th examination with a minimum score of 45% can sit for the exam
Ans. There is no age limit for appearing in the CLAT 2022 Exam. Any student who has passed the senior secondary examination from any recognized board or institution can give the exam.