|CEED 2021||Question Paper 2021||Answer Key|
|Result||Application Form||Admit Card|
|Syllabus, Preparation||Previous Year Question Papers|
CEED 2021 Syllabus
Get here the CEED syllabus 2021. The syllabus of CEED exam is divided into 2 parts, A and B. Candidates who want to score high marks in the CEED 2021 exam must read and understand the Common Entrance Examination for Design. The Institute of Information Technology (IIT), Bombay is conducting the CEED 2021 exam for admission to Master in Design (M.Des) and Ph.D. Design courses. Candidates may, however, make hold over their drawing, rendering and visualisation skills to clear the examination.
The exam is an aptitude test and thus they should only focus on the important topics and brush up their drawing skills. The candidates can check below the PDF of the CEED 2021 syllabus. Download the same from below.
CEED 2021 Important Topics
There are two parts in the CEED 2021 examination which are Part A and Part B. While, the former is a computer based test, the latter is evaluated manually by the officials.
|CEED 2021 Part A||CEED 2021 Part B|
|Visualization and spatial ability||Drawing|
|Environmental and social awareness||Creativity|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||Communication skills|
|Language and creativity||Analytical and problem-solving skills|
|Design thinking and problem solving|
|Observation and design sensitivity|
According to an analysis of the previous years’ question papers, and coaching institutes, the important topics from which the questions are asked in the exam are.
- Color theory
- Communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Design concept
- Drawing abilities and skills
- How to develop characters
- Light and shadow
- Logical reasoning
- Logo designing
- Problem identification and design problem solving
- Product designing
- Scale and proportion.
Related: CEED Admit Card 2021
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check out the CEED 2021 exam pattern from below.
Mode of the Exam: The part A of question is computer based and the drawing skills ie Part B is conducted in offline mode.
Duration of Test: CEED 2021 is conducted for 3 hours in total.
Distribution of Questions:
The Part A comprises of the following type of questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Multiple Select Questions
- Numerical Answer Questions
The marking scheme of CEED 2021 is per last year ie 2020. It is as follows.
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||8||1 — 8||3||0||0||24|
|MSQ||10||9 — 18||3||− 0.2||0||30|
|MCQ||23||19 — 41||2||− 0.5||0||46|
|Total||41||1 — 41||100|
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Total Marks|
|Total||5||1 — 5||100|
How to prepare for CEED 2021?
The CEED exam part A is basically a screening test. Candidates need to score high in the part A in order to be eligible for the next session. Here are some CEED Preparation Tips that may come in handy.
- General Knowledge – This section is famous for asking questions on basic GK. The questions are not widely irrelevant to design and architecture. There could be questions on symbols, artists and their paintings, Indian history.
- Expect the unexpected – In 2013 there was a question on mechanical pulleys. This was slightly unexpected. But as IIT B has clearly said there is no defined syllabus, be prepared for such surprises. Basically the section tests aptitude, awareness and knowledge.
- Refresh knowledge on Indian history, temples, architecture and geography. This may or may not be directly useful, but helps answer some of the direct questions.
- Learn to identify correct perspectives, art forms and sectional projections.
The marks scored in this section are used for merit list preparation of CEED 2021.
- There are expected to be three (3) compulsory questions, and any 1 among next three. So in total there are expected to be four questions. Please note – the pattern may change year to year.
- Two hours are allotted for this section.
Best of luck for your IIT CEED result 2021.
CEED 2020 Preparation Tips
- CEED Previous Year Papers – Practice from the previous year papers. CEED Question Papers are given here. You must see what types of questions were asked previously. There will be no repeated questions, but you will get an idea of what the examiners want.
- The pencil is your weapon – Freehand sketching is what you should focus on. Take any object you come across and sketch them in different perspectives. You should know how their sectional views would be. It is not necessary to excel in portraits or such kind of art, but you must know well to express your ideas through drawings. H-grade pencil should be used for rough work and light drawings. Grade B pencils should be used for rapid work and where shading is involved.
- Broaden your perspective – Design is not just about aesthetics. It is about thinking outside the box. When you check out the Part B questions asked in past years, you will know what this means.
- Visualize – You need to see in your mind’s eye what you want to put on paper. Everyday try to visualise at least one unique idea and sketch it.
About CEED 2021
(CEED) is an all India examination conducted by IIT Bombay on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. The objective of CEED is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design, involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity and communication skills.