|CEED 2021||Question Paper 2021||Answer Key|
|Result||Application Form||Admit Card|
|Syllabus, Preparation||Previous Year Question Papers|
CEED 2021 Result – IIT Bombay has declared CEED Result 2021 on 8th March. The direct link to check result and download CEED 2021 scorecard is given below. The CEED 2021 score is valid upto 7th March 2022.
Candidates who have appeared in Common Entrance Examination for Design can check their results at ceed.iitb.ac.in. To check result of CEED 2021, click on the direct link below. Login with email id and password. Then download the score card. The CEED 2021 score card contains marks obtained in part A, B, total score, rank overall and in category. Also, the cut off marks are displayed.
CEED 2021 Result
Direct Link To Check Result: Click Here
CEED 2021 score card is available to view and download from the website. This document will help to read the score and rank obtained by the candidate.
CEED 2021 Result Notification: Click Here
Important notes on CEED 2021 result
- Marks obtained in part A were used for shortlisting part B papers for evaluation.
- Marks in part A were used for qualifying candidates.
- Ranks are calculated on basis of CEED Score.
- CEED Score = 0.25 x (marks in part A) + 0.75 x (marks in part B)
- The score card is valid only if verified against the original result received from UCEED-CEED office.
- For categories other than general, the valid category certificate should be produced in original along with score card at time of admission.
CEED 2021 Qualifying Marks
Please note that the Score Card will be given to ONLY qualified candidates. Qualifying marks as per various categories are as follows
|SC / ST||13.65|
How to Check CEED Result 2021?
IIT Bombay has released the Common Entrance Examination for Design Result. Candidates must note that to check the result or download the scorecard, they have to visit the official website. Hence, the step by step process to download the CEED Scorecard is as follows-
- Firstly, visit the official website of CEED – ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Click on the result link available on the homepage of CEED.
- After clicking on the link, the applicants have to enter their registered e-mail id and password.
- After the submission of the details, the result is displayed on the screen.
- Download the CEED 2021 Result/Scorecard and take the printout of the scorecard.
Applicants must note that the CEED is open to both National and International students.
How To Check Result If Forgot Password?
If in case the candidate forgets his/her password then they can retrieve it by the following ways-
- Firstly, visit the official website of CEED- ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Then click on the “candidate portal link”
- Click on the “Forgot Password Tab”
- Enter the registered e-mail id, and then click on the “Forgot Password” button
- Create a new password
- Navigate through e-mail link with a new password and follow the above process.
CEED 2021 Score Card
The CEED Scorecard can be downloaded along with the result by qualified candidates. Details that are printed on the scorecard are as follows-
- Candidate’s photograph, signature, name and roll number.
- Number of candidates appeared and number of candidates qualified
- A table showing Qualifying marks (in Part A) as per the category
- Marks scored by candidate in Part A and Part B
- CEED Score
- Notes (Please read the notes carefully)
CEED 2021 Rank
Open Rank– This rank is given to every candidate whose PART A marks are equal to or greater than 27.30.
EWS Rank– General category candidates who fulfil the condition for EWS quota will be awarded rank within all EWS candidates. They will also get Open Rank as there is no separate cutoff on marks for EWS.
SC/ST/OBC-NCL Rank– Qualified Candidates other than general category will get a rank as per their birth category. This rank will hold true at the time of admission subjected to the submission and verification of the relevant original documents. Candidates, if failed to produce the valid relevant documents, will be considered for open category ONLY IF they have an Open Rank.
Open PwD Rank– This rank is given to every PwD candidate whose PART A marks are equal to or greater than 13.65. Open PwD Rank will hold true at the time of admission subjected to the submission and verification of the relevant original documents. Candidates, if failed to produce the valid relevant documents, will be considered for open category ONLY IF they have an Open Rank and did NOT avail the compensatory time. Compensatory time, if availed by PwD candidate, is marked by * in score card against the PwD category.
OBC-NCL PwD Rank– Qualified PwD candidates in OBC-NCL category will get an OBC-NCL PwD rank along with Open PwD Rank. PwD candidates in OBC-NCL category will get OBCNCL Rank ONLY IF their PART A marks are equal to or greater than 24.57. This rank will hold true at the time of admission subjected to the submission and verification of the relevant original documents.
In case of the candidates fail to produce relevant valid documents-
- OBC-NCL PwD candidates can be considered for OBC-NCL category ONLY IF they have an OBC-NCL Rank and did NOT avail the compensatory time.
- OBC-NCL PwD candidates can be considered for Open PwD category ONLY IF they have Open PwD Rank.
- OBC-NCL PwD candidates can be considered for open category ONLY IF they have an Open Rank and did NOT avail the compensatory time
SC/ST PwD Rank– All qualified PwD candidates in SC/ST category will get a PwD rank as per their birth category along with Open PwD Rank and SC/ST Rank as per their birth category. This rank will hold true at the time of admission subjected to the submission and verification of the relevant original documents.
In case of the candidates fail to produce relevant valid documents-
- SC/ST PwD candidates can be considered for SC/ST category with their SC/ST Rank provided they did NOT avail the compensatory time.
- SC/ST PwD candidates can be considered for Open PwD category based on Open PwD Rank.
- SC/ST candidates can be considered for Open category ONLY IF they have an Open
- Rank and did NOT avail the compensatory time. Compensatory time, if availed by PwD candidate, is marked by * in score card against the PwD category.
CEED Result 2021 Date and Time
IIT Bombay, the exam conducting body for CEED 2021, has published the complete schedule. Important dates to note are as follows.
|Events of CEED 2021 Exam||Dates|
|Exam was held on||17 Jan 2021|
|Provisional answer key was released on||21 Jan 2021|
|Last date to submit challenges on answer key was||24 Jan 2021|
|Final answer key was released on||31 Jan 2021|
|CEED 2021 result announced on||08 Mar 2021|
Shortlisting Process – Determining cut off for Part A
IIT Bombay has provided the formula they use for determining the cut off for Part A. It is as follows.
For open category candidates, the cut off in part A is referred to as δ.
δ = µ + (σ / 2). Where µ stands for the average marks and σ is the standard deviation of the distribution of marks obtained by all the candidates in Part A. µ and δ are rounded off after the first decimal place.
The part A cut off is δ for open category candidates, 0.9δ for OBC-NCL, 0.5δ for SC, ST, and 0.5δ for PWD.
Such candidates who get marks in Part A of CEED 2021 that is equal to or more than this cut off, they are shortlisted for further evaluation. Their part B papers are manually checked.
Score in CEED 2021 Result
In order to understand the calculation of score in CEED 2021 exam, here are the terminologies and formula.
Part A marks: These are the marks scored by the candidate in Part A.
Part B marks: These are the marks score by the candidate in Part B.
Final Score in CEED 2021 = 0.25 x (Part A marks) + 0.75 x (Part B marks).
Candidates whose final CEED 2021 score is equal to or more than CEED qualifying score for their category, they get score card.
About CEED 2021 Rank Lists
Candidates who are qualified in the CEED are provided with the ranks. These ranks are provided as per the category.
- Open Rank
- SC/ST/OBC- NCL Rank
- EWS Rank
- Open PWD Rank
- OBC-NCL PWD Rank
- SC/ST PWD Rank
Toppers of CEED Exam
IIT Bombay releases the list of CEED toppers every session on its official website. CEED 2021 toppers list will be available after the results. Check past year toppers until then.
Toppers list of CEED 2020
|Rank||Name of the topper||Scores secured|
|1||Shobhit Satish Kenath||69.68|
|3||Pramod Priya Ranjan||66.75|
Toppers list of CEED 2019
|Rank||Name of the topper||Scores secured|
|3||Alen Antony Francis||63.77|
After Declaration of CEED 2021 Result
Candidates who qualify CEED 2021 become eligible for admission to M.Des and PhD programs in different colleges. This score will be valid for one year.
However note that qualifying CEED 2021 does not guarantee admission. One has to apply to college they are interested in, and take part in the individual admission process of that college. In some colleges, there will be further entrance exams, interviews by their design departments.
Also, candidates will have to undergo document verification.
To know latest news on admission in different colleges, one has to keep checking newspapers and official websites of the colleges where they want admission. IIT Bombay is not responsible for admission processes of other colleges.
CEED 2021 Counselling
In the counselling session, the shortlisted candidates have to bring the following documents at the time of admission-
- Original and photocopy of the CEED scorecard
- CEED Hall ticket
- Five recent passport size photographs
- 10th and 12th mark sheet, passing certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Valid proof of identity such as Voter id, Aadhaar Card etc.
Colleges Accepting CEED 2021 Result
We know that CEED result will be released on 8th March 2021. Candidates who are qualified can download the scorecard from the website. With the valid scores, the applicants can apply for admission in top CEED participating colleges in India. However, before applying, the applicants must go through the eligibility criteria of the respective colleges. Hence, in this section, candidates can check the list of the colleges that accept the CEED 2021 scores.
A. CEED 2021 Participating Institutes
|IISC Bangalore||Centre of product design and Manufacturing||M.Des in Product Design and Engineering, Ph.D design|
|IIT Bombay||Industrial Design Centre||MDes in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design, PhD in Design|
|IIT Delhi||Department of Design||M.Des in Industrial Design|
|IIT Hyderabad||Department of Design||M.Des in Visual Design, Ph.D in Design|
|IIT Kanpur||Design Programme||M.Des in Visual Design, Ph.D in Design|
|IIITDM Jabalpur||Design Discipline||M.Des in Visual Design, Ph.D in Design|
B. CEED 2021 Result Sharing Institutes
The result sharing institutes accept CEED scores to offer admission in various design courses/programmes. However, these institutes do not participate in the Joint Admission Process conducted by IIT Bombay. The following colleges have announced that they will accept CEED 2021 scores for M.Des and PhD admissions.
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University), Bangalore
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- VIT University, Vellore
- Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
- Department of Design, School of Engineering, Tezpur University
- JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida (Delhi-NCR)
- UPES School of Design, Dehradun
- World University of Design, Sonepat, Haryana
FAQs on CEED 2021 Result
Ans. CEED result will be declared on 8th March 2021.
Ans. You can download the score card by clicking on the result link above, and then logging in with your e-mail id and password.
Ans. The result includes the following details- name, roll number, score.
Ans. Candidates who have qualified in the CEED examination have to attend an aptitude test and personal interview.
Ans. No, the scorecard can be downloaded from the official website only.
Ans. You have to carry the following documents in the admission- Original and photocopy of the CEED scorecard, CEED Hall ticket, Five recent passport size photographs, 10th and 12th mark sheet, passing certificate, Caste certificate (if applicable), Valid proof of identity such as Voter id, Aadhaar Card etc.