|CDAC CCAT 2021||Application Form||Admit Card||Courses & Eligibility||Result||Seat Allotment Result||Syllabus|
CDAC C-CAT 2021: Result of CDAC CCAT-I, II exams have been postponed. As per new date, download rank card and do online selection for courses and centers for 1st counselling at cdac.in. Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) conducted Common Admission Test (C-CAT). On the basis of this exam, the institute will offer admission in online diploma PG programmes in Mobile Computing, Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Computing etc. Admission is according to C-CAT ranks and courses / centres preferences. This time, CDAC CAT 2021 was online proctor test that candidates could take anywhere. Get details about CDAC C-CAT 2021 here including rank, result, counselling, seat allotment, cut offs, fee structure.
CDAC C-CAT 2021
Latest – CDAC C-CAT 2021 result postponed. Check here.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Dates
C-CAT is conducted every year in the months of December / January for Feb / Mar admissions and in June / July for Aug / Sep admissions. Check the important dates related to CDAC C-CAT 2021 from below.
|CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Events||Dates|
|Online registration started on||01 Dec 2020|
|Last date to register and online payment of application fee||30 Dec 2020|
|candidates can download admit card||6-14 Jan 2021|
|CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Dates|
10 Jan 2021
17 Jan 2021
|Announcement of ranks|
|1st round counselling date||25-30 Jan 2021|
|Declaration of 1st round of allocation||01 Feb 2021|
|Last date to pay the installment fee||08 Feb 2021|
|Declaration of 2nd round of allocation||10 Feb 2021|
|Last date to pay the installment fee||15 Feb 2021|
|Payment of caution fee and online choice filling for 2nd round||16-19 Feb 2021|
|Declaration of 3rd round of allocation||20 Feb 2021|
|Last date to pay the balance course fee||25 Feb 2021|
|Registration of students at training center||01 Mar 2021|
|Beginning of classes||02 Mar 2021|
|Commencement of physical classes across India||03 May 2021*|
|End of PG Diploma courses across India||28 Aug 2021*|
Important Note: Due to the pandemic, this year, for first 2 month all PG Diploma classes of March 2021 batch will be held in online mode. Hence, candidates who take admission in CDAC courses must have:
1. Laptops / PCs.
2. High speed internet connection
It is not advisable to join the online classes from mobile phones. After the first two months, depending on the pandemic situation, the PG Diploma classes might be held in physical mode at the training centres. Else, online classes shall continue. It is also possible that the mode of training might be changed to online from offline.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Result
Result of CDAC CCAT 2021 can be checked from January 25, 2021. Check here.
CDAC announces results for C-CAT online at cdac.in. The candidates can check CDAC C-CAT 2021 result by entering the form number and password. According to the candidate’s performances in Section A, Section A + B, Section A + B + C (as applicable), the ranks are awarded.
In order to be considered for admission, the candidate’s names must be present in the rank list of the particular category of courses.
Note: Those candidates who have lowest 10% performances in C-CAT shall not be qualified for ranking.
Tie-breaker Criteria: In case if two or more candidates obtain the same marks in CDAC C-CAT 2021, then the following tie-breaking criteria is followed to resolve the ties:
- The candidates with more marks in Section A are given a better rank
- In case of still a tie, the candidate having a higher value in the ratio of ‘number of correct answers / number of attempted questions’ in the specific section required for the category of courses are given a higher rank
- The candidates who have the same value in this ratio and also have the same marks in Section A shall then the candidates shall be granted the same C-CAT rank.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Counselling
The counselling process of CDAC C-CAT consists of two sessions in total. Only those candidates whose names appear in the rank list can take part in the counselling process. On the other hand, there are total 3 rounds of seat allocation.
To take part in the counselling process, the candidates have to first submit their choices of centres or courses. After this, the seats are allocated to the candidates. Once, the seats are allocated, the candidates have to pay the course fee.
The allocation of seats is strictly done according to the candidates C-CAT ranks, and preferences of courses and training centres submitted at the time of online counselling.
- The candidates can give choices for the courses or training centres as many as they want. However, during both the online counselling sessions, the candidates are required to submit the preferences of the courses belonging to the category as applied during CDAC C-CAT form filling process.
- The candidates shall not be allocated seats in any course / centre for which preferences were not given. So, carefully enter the choices.
- A candidate cannot join a lower preferred choice if he / she has been allocated a higher preference in any round of seat allocation
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Fee Structure
The candidates can check the fee structure for CDAC C-CAT 2021 given below.
- As on 1st December 2020, the GST is 18%.
- The candidates must note the fee has to be submitted in two installements.
- The admission fee cannot be submit via demand draft / cheque / cash. It can be only submitted through NEFT
The fee for all PG Diploma courses as to be paid in two installments. Check the fee structure for the courses offered via CDAC C-CAT 2021 from below.
|All the PG Diploma courses (Except PG-DBDA and PG-DAI)||Rs 81,000 + GST|
|PG-DAI||Rs 135000 + GST|
|PG-DBDA||Rs 103500 + GST|
CDAC Mohali and CDAC Kolkata offers Rs 3000 per month scholarship (for 5 months) for the students jooining the training centres after the payment of full course fee.
Highlights of CDAC C-CAT PG Diploma Courses
The candidates can check the key points of CDAC C-CAT PG Diploma courses given below.
- PG Diploma courses are provided through its training centres located at Bhubaneshwar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Silchar, Indore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Karad, Mohali, Kolkata, Kochi, Nagpur, Mumbai, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Noida, Patna, and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The courses are 6 months full time duration courses with 900 hours of theory + project + lab
- During the courses, candidates get continuous lab and internal assignments during the course
- 6-8 hours per day theory + lab sessions – days a week in most centres
- Centralised mid-course and theory exams at course end across all the centres
- Syllabus regularly updates and revised according ICT industry latest trends
- Expert faculty from ICT industry and CDAC with good domain knowledge
- Tutorials and hands-on projects related to the standards of the ICT industry
- Special training is given to enhance aptitude, effective communication and aptitude skills
- Well equipped computer labs with high-speed internet that can be accessed most of the time
- Excellent participating from good companies at the time of placements
- Courses are designed and developed after consulting the subject experts at CDAC, academia and ICT industry
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Seat Intake
Check the seat intake given below for CDAC C-CAT 2021.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Refund Policy
The candidates can check CDAC C-CAT 2021 refund policy.
- If a particular course is cancelled by CDAC due to the fewer number of students, the admission fee will be then refunded to the candidates.
- However, the candidates shall be offered the admission a) in the same course at another training centre preferred by them according to their ranks b) another course preferred by them in the same training centre or another centre as per their choices and ranks where the seats are available.
Note: In such cases, the candidates can choose the alternate course / centre before withdrawing the paid course fee.
- If during the verification of the certificates, the candidates are found to be ineligible for the admitted course, then the first installment of the said course (Rs 10,000 + GST) shall not be refunded.
- The provisionally admitted candidates who will be unable to submit the proof of qualification till 30 June 2021 shall not be eligible for the refund of fee.
How to withdraw the admission? The candidates who want to withdraw their admission during any stage of the admission process (before the commencement of the course) can do so by filling the withdrawal form which can be accessed from the candidate’s login. After submitting the withdrawal form online, the candidates must take the printout of the submitted form, sign it, and sent it via email to email@example.com. The subject of this email must be “Request for withdrawal from PG Diploma admission”
- The candidates must note that email requests sent with attaching the withdrawal form shall not be entertained.
- Also, the candidates who want to withdraw their admission after the starting of the course can do so by filling the withdrawal form (available at the training centre) and submit it at the admission centre.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Penalty on Withdrawal of Admission
The following penalties will be charged at the withdrawal of admission. Check the details given below.
Withdrawing admission on 08 Feb 2021 – The candidate who has paid the course fee and wants to withdraw their admission on 08 Feb 2021 before 5 PM, then Rs 1000 + GST paid on Rs 10,000 shall be deducted from the fee paid. The balance amount will be refunded. The candidates must note that the signed withdrawal forms must reach the CDAC ACTS Pune on 08 Feb 2021 before 5 PM.
Withdrawing admission on 09 Feb 2021 – The candidate who has paid the course fee and wants to withdraw his / her admission during 09 Feb 2021 to 15 Feb 2021 (upto 5 PM), will get Rs 5,000 + GST paid on Rs 10,000 deducted from the fee paid and the balance amount shall be refunded. The signed withdrawal form must reach CDAC ACTS Pune before 15 Feb 2021.
Withdrawing admission after 15 Feb 2021 – The candidates who want to withdraw their admission after 15 Feb 2021 but before the starting of the course will get Rs 10000 + GST on it deducted from the paid fee. The balance amount will be refunded. The candidates must keep in mind that the signed withdrawal forms must reach CDAC ACTS Pune before 05 PM on 02 March 2021.
Withdrawing admission within 01 month of the date of commencement of course – If any candidate wants to withdraw their admission within 01 month of the date of start of the course, 50% of the total course fee + GST paid will be deducted. The balance amount will be refunded. The signed withdrawal forms must reach the training centre before 5 PM on 02 Mar 2021.
No refund of fee: If any candidate wants to withdraw their admission after 02 Mar 2021, then no refund will be given.
Caution Fee: Full caution fee (Rs 10,000 +GST) shall be refunded to the candidate who are not allocated seat in the 3rd seat allocation round.
Details About PG Diploma Courses
Check the modules covered in different courses offered via CDAC C-CAT 2021.
PG Diploma in Advanced Computing
- Basic programming concepts
- Database technologies
- Operating system concepts
- Web programming technologies
- Software technologies methodologies
- Software project
- Microsoft net technologies
- Aptitude & effective communication
- Object oriented programming in Java
PG Diploma in Embedded Systems
- Embedded systems concepts, Design and tools
- Programming concepts
- Internet of things
- Aptitude and effective communication
- Embedded operating systems
- Real time operating systems
- Embedded hardware design and developmeng
PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics
- Linux programming and cloud computing
- Python and R programming
- Aptitude & General English
- Practical Machine Learning
- Aptitude & General English
- Object-oriented programming with Java 8
- Big data technologies
- Data visualization – Analysing and reporting
- Data collection and DBMS
- Advanced analytics using statistics
Click here to check detailed information about PG Diploma courses offered via CDAC C-CAT 2021
CDAC C-CAT Placements
Common Campus Placement Programmes (CCPP) are organised by the placement cells of CDAC for the PG Diploma students. Since 25 years, CDAC has shaped the careers of over 3 lakh IT professionals.
- CDAC’s CCPP is conducted according to regions at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai and Noida.
- The training centres from other cities are also attached to the above-given centres in order to create better opportunities for students all over India.
- All the training CDAC centres actively take part in CCPP and organize campus interviews for their all PG Diploma students.
- More than 400 companies took part in CDAC’s campus placements in the year 2020 and 2019, where 80% of the placement was achieved across India.
List of the top-notch companies that recruits IT professionals
DRAC C-CAT Traing Centres
Check the details about CDAC C-CAT 2021 Training centres.
- Click Here to check the contact and address details about CDAC C-CAT Training Centres.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Admit Card
Admit card for CDAC C-CAT has been released online at cdac.in. Get here.
It releases only for those candidates who have paid the application fee and selected the exam date at the time of the application process. To download CDAC C-CAT 2021 admit card, the candidates have to enter their form number and password. It specifies the exact date and time of the exam, important instructions, category of courses etc.
On the day of the examination, the candidates are required to show their printed copy of the admit card and a valid id proof to their remote invigilators.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Schedule
The candidates can check the tentative schedule for CDAC C-CAT 2021 given below. The slot timings may vary and the final timings shall be displayed in the admit cards.
|Test Paper||Morning Slot Timings||Afternoon Slot Timings|
|Section A||9.30 AM – 10.30 AM||2.00 PM – 3.00 PM|
|Section B||10.45 AM – 11.45 AM||3.15 PM – 4.15 PM|
|Section C||12.00 pm – 1.00 PM||4.30 PM – 5.30 PM|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Syllabus
There is no extensive syllabus for CDAC C-CAT 2021. The questions in the exam shall be asked from the following topics.
|Section A||English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude|
|Section B||Computer Fundamentals, Data Structures, C Programming, |
Operating Concepts, Object Oriented Programming Concepts
|Section C||Microprocessors, Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
C-CAT has 3 sections – A, B, and C and each section is of 1 hour. Candidates can appear for one, two, or all three sections of the exam.
In the exam, all the questions are of objective type and are asked only in the English language.
Each section shall have 50 questions, each of which have 4 answer options. Only 1 of these 4 is correct.
Marking in C-CAT 2021 is +3 for every correct answer and -1 for every incorrect answer.
Categories and section corresponding to courses of CDAC C-CAT 2021 are as follows:
|I||A||PG Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG-DBDA)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security (PG-DITISS)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in Internet of Things (PG-DIoT)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in Artificial Intelligence (PG-DAI)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG-DMC)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in System Software Development (PG-DSSD)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development (PG-DASSD)|
|II||A+B||PG Diploma in HPC System Administration (PG-HPCSA)|
|III||A+B+C||PG Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG-DESD)|
|III||A+B+C||PG Diploma in VLSI Design (PG-DVLSI)|
|III||A+B+C||PG Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics (PG-DBIHI)|
Important Books for CDAC C-CAT 2021
Check the list of important books given below for the preparation of CDAC C-CAT 2021.
For the preparation of Common Admission Test for the admission into PG Diploma courses, the candidates can refer the following books.
|Wren & Martin English Grammar Book||Click Here to Buy|
|Foundation of Computing (With CD)||Click Here to Buy|
|Microprocessor Architecture, Programming and Applications||Click Here to Buy|
|The C Programming Language | Second Edition||Click Here to Buy|
|Let US C: Authentic Guide to C PROGRAMMING Language 17th Edition||Click Here to Buy|
|Computer Organization and Architecture – 10th Edition||Click Here to Buy|
|Digital Design | With an Introduction to the Verilog HDL, VHDL, and SystemVerilog |||Click Here to Buy|
|Data Structures Through C in Depth||Click Here to Buy|
|Test Your C Skills||Click Here to Buy|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Click Here to Buy|
|Digital Design Principles and Practice||Click Here to Buy|
|Modern Digital Electronics – 4th Edition||Click Here to Buy|
|The Intel Microprocessors 8th Edition By Barry B. Brey||Click Here to Buy|
|Operating System Principles||Click Here to Buy|
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing was set up in the year 1988 as a scientific society of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. CDAC set up Advanced Computing Training School (ACTS) in the year 1993 to meet the requirements of manpower needed in ICT industry.
CDAC offers undergraduate, post-graduate and diploma programmes. Also, it imparts ICT training to state and national governments agencies, corporate and industries, strategic sectors, foreign countries, international students etc.
- CDAC has been awarded as “The Most Popular Training Institute” at the Electronics for You Awards.
- CDAC received ‘Manthan 2019’ Award for its outstanding contribution in the Skill Ecosystem – Training Category by the Telecom Sector Skill Council.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill CDAC C-CAT application form online at cdac.in. The quick guide on how to fill application form is given below.
Apply Online Here: Click Here to apply online for CDAC C-CAT 2021.
Check the CDAC C-CAT 2021 application process given below.
Step 1: Registration – First of all, click on the link mentioned above and register by providing the necessary details like name, email id, contact number etc.
Step 2: Fill the application form – Once the registration is done, the candidates have to enter the correct details in the form. This includes the entry of personal details, address details, qualifying degree details.
Step 3: Upload the photograph – Next, the candidates have to upload the scanned image of the photograph. This has to be uploaded in the proper format and size.
Step 4: Pay the application fee – Then, pay the application fee. The candidates must note that application fee once paid is non-refundable.
Step 5: Select the examination date – After the payment of the application fee, select the exam date according to your preference. The exam date is allotted as per the first-come-first-served-basis.
Step 6: Take the printout of submitted application form – Once all the steps given above are completed, take the printout of the submitted application form for future use.
Application Fee for C-CAT 2021 is as follows:
|Category : C-CAT Paper(s)||C-CAT Fee|
|I : A||Rs. 500|
|II : A+B||Rs. 600|
|III : A+B+C||Rs. 700|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking or UPI.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory to fulfill CDAC C-CAT 2021 eligibility criteria. You can check it from below.
A). Age Limit: There is no age limit in CDAC C-CAT 2021.
B). Common eligibility criteria for all courses: The candidates must be:
- Graduate in Engineering (10+2+4 OR 10+3+3 years) in IT / Electronics / Computer Science / Telecommunications / Instrumentation / Electrical.
- Should have done MS / M.Sc (10 +2 +3 +2 years) in IT, Computer Science, Electronics.
- The candidates must have also completed 10+2 with Mathematics (Not applicable for candidates with Diploma + Engineering).
C). Course wise eligibility criteria
Category-I (Section A in C-CAT)
|Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)||Either common eligibility conditions |
4 year degree in Petroleum / Geosciences / Civil / Mining / Planning / Agriculture / Planning / Architecture / Forestry
/ or related fields
PG degree in Geology / Natural
& Applied Sciences / Geography / Mathematics or allied areas
Category-II (Sections A+B in C-CAT)
|Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)||Either common eligibility criteria |
UG degree in Engineering
MCA, MCM degree
PG degree in Physics / Mathematics / Statistics
PG degree in Management with graduation in IT / Computer Sciences / Applications
|Post Graduate Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG-DMC)||Either common eligibility|
PG degree in Mathematics / Statistics
|Post Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence (PG-DAI)||Either common eligibility|
PG degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Physics
|Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG-DBDA)||Either common eligibility|
4 year Graduation in Bio-informatics
PG Degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Physics
|Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security (PG-DITISS)||Either common eligibility|
PG degree in Mathematics / Statistics
|Post Graduate Diploma in Internet of Things (PG-DIoT)||Either common eligibility |
|Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development (PG-DASSD)||Either common eligibility|
|Post Graduate Diploma in HPC System Administration (PG-DHPCSA)||Either common eligibility|
PG degree in Mathematics / Statistics
Category-III (Sections A+B+C in C-CAT)
|Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG-DESD)||Satisfy common eligibility criteria||55%|
|Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design (PG-DVLSI)||Satisfy common eligibility criteria||55%|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics (PG-DBIHI)||Either common eligibility|
BE / B.Tech in Biomedical or relevant fields
Official Website: cdac.in
For more information about CDAC C-CAT 2021, Download Information Brochure (For March 2021 Batch)
Frequently Asked Questions on CDAC C-CAT 2021
Ans. The official website of CDAC C-CAT is cdac.in.
Ans. CDAC C-CAT is conducted twice a year. It is conducted in December or January and June / July in a year.
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 01 marks in case of the incorrect answers.
Ans. CDAC C-CAT consists of 3 sections in total. Depending on the category of courses selected by the candidate, the candidates have to appear in one paper / two papers / three papers.
Ans. No, the application form for CDAC C-CAT cannot be filled via offline mode.
Ans. To download the admit card, you are required to login using your form number and password.
Ans. CDAC’s Common Admission Test is conducted via online mode.
Ans. C-CAT ranking is done according to performance of the candidates in Section A, Section A+B, Section A+B+C.
Ans. There are only 2 counselling sessions and 3 rounds of seat allocations.