|Details - CAT 2021, Registration, Exam Date|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Best Books, CAT 2020 Question Paper, CAT 2020 Official Answer Key|
CAT Registration 2021 – IIM Ahmedabad will start CAT 2021 registration expectedly in July or August. MBA aspirants who wish to appear in the Common Admission Test for IIM / MBA colleges admission 2022 should apply then. The application form has to be filled online at official website iimcat.ac.in. To apply for CAT 2021, click link below between registration start and last date. First register to get user id and password. Then login to fill personal, academic, work-ex, programme, exam cities. Finally pay fee. Understand the entire registration process here besides getting the direct link to apply, and know dates, fees, and more.
Recommended: CAT 2021 Syllabus
CAT Registration 2021
Direct Link To Apply Online: Will be available.
CAT 2021 Registration Dates
Last year registration for the Common Admission Test started on 5th August. Then the last date to apply was 23 September. And form correction happened from 27th to 29th September. A similar timeline is expected this year. That is, registration for CAT 2021-2022 is expected to start in 1st week of August.
IIM Ahmedabad, or whichever IIM ends up being the organizing institute this year, will announce the schedule for form filling. As soon as dates are out, they will be updated here. The anticipated timeline is as follows.
|Start of CAT registration 2021||1st week of Aug 2021|
|Last date to register at iimcat.ac.in||4th week of Sep 2021|
|Application Form Correction||Last week of Sep 2021|
Recommended Books for CAT 2021 Preparation
Best Books For CAT 2021 Preparation – Check Here
How To Apply for CAT 2021?
The registration form releases at the official website iimcat.ac.in. Candidates have to apply online by completing different steps of the process. The entire registration process for CAT 2021 is explained here.
Step 1 – CAT 2021 Registration
- Open the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in using any compatible web browser.
- Click on Register under New Candidate Registration.
- Enter Name, Email ID, Mobile Number etc. & click on Generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on the given mobile number and click on Validate the OTP.
- Submit the registration form to get the User ID & Password on email ID & mobile number.
Step 2 – CAT 2021 Application Form
- Open the official website iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on Login under Registered Candidate Login.
- Enter the User ID & Password and click on Login.
- Fill up the CAT 2021 application form by entering Personal Details, Academic Qualifications, Experience, Programs, Test Cities etc.
- Upload scanned copies of recent passport-sized photograph, signature & category certificate (as applicable).
- Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the Payment option.
- Select the payment mode & make the payment of application fee online.
- A confirmation mail regarding successful submission of application form is received.
CAT 2021 Registration Fee
An application/registration fee is charged by the IIMs from CAT 2021 applicants. The exact fee amount can be confirmed when the official notification of CAT 2021 releases. Candidates can check out the fee amount as per last year, for various categories below.
Mode of Payment – Based on last year information regarding CAT 2021 Registration, the application fee could only be paid online using the available payment gateways. Candidates can pay the fee online using any of the following modes.
- Credit/debit card
- Internet banking
Documents to Upload in CAT 2021 Registration Form
Applicants are required to upload certain specified documents as scanned images on the CAT 2021 registration form. The list of documents can be checked below.
- Passport Sized Photograph
- Category Certificate
- PWD Certificate
Image Specifications For CAT 2021 Application Form
Scanned documents to be uploaded on the CAT 2021 Application Form must be compliant with the specified format and file size requirements. Candidates can check out the information as per previous year exam below.
|1||Photograph||Up to 80 KB||30mm x 45mm||jpg/jpeg|
|2||Signature||Up to 80 Kb||80mm x 35mm||jpg/jpeg|
CAT Exam Registration Statistics
More than 2 lakh candidates fill up CAT registration form every year. The data pertaining to number of applications received every year is as follows.
- In 2020, a total of 2.28 lakh had applied.
- In 2019, the number of applications received was 2.44 lakh.
- Before that in 2018, the number of registrations were 2.41 lakh.
- In 2017, the number of forms filled were 2.31 lakh.
- In 2016, forms filled were 2.32 lakh.
- And in 2015, the number of candidates who applied were 2.19 lakh.
What After CAT 2021 Registration?
Once the procedure for CAT 2021 registration and application form fill up is over, the IIMs release the admit card for the exam. CAT 2021 admit card releases at the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in through candidates login. As such, registered candidates can download the admit card only by logging in with the User ID and Password. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the designated exam centre. Details regarding the date, time and exact address of the venue of the exam is indicated on the CAT Admit card.
About CAT Exam
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the national level MBA entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management on a rotational basis. Each year, a different IIM conducts the CAT exam for admission to MBA, PGP and Doctorate programs in Management offered by the IIMs and other listed non-IIM institutions. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in CAT is a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks. Check out the official website for the latest updated of CAT exam.
FAQs on CAT 2021 Registration
Ans. The registration for Common Admission Test 2021-2022 will start most probably in July or August.
Ans. The application form releases at iimcat.ac.in.
Ans. No, only online applications are accepted for CAT.
Ans. The registration fee is Rs 2000 for UR candidates and Rs 1000 for Reserved categories.
Official website: iimcat.ac.in