CAT 2020 Mock Tests
Now that we are almost face to face with the CAT 2020 exam, what is the last thing to do? Exactly what the toppers do every year.
Over the years, each topper has followed a different strategy to ace the exam, however, one thing that remains common – CAT mock test. 100 percentilers of the CAT exam have specifically advised the candidates to keep practicing the mock test until the very last day. IIM Indore has also released official mock test for CAT 2020. You can check official and some of the best free CAT 2020 mock tests from below.
I used to give 3-4 mocks on weekdays during evenings and 1-2 mocks on Sundays. In total, I took 54 mocks.CAT 2018 topper Swapnil Suman have quoted in an interview.
Official CAT Mock Test 2020
IIM Indore has launched the official CAT mock tests. It contains previous year CAT questions. IIM-I has provided it to help the candidates get acquainted with the exam pattern, marking scheme, level of the exam and understand the time distribution among the sections. The mock test is available online at iimcat.ac.in and the link to start it is also given below.
Important things to know about CAT 2020 Official Mock Test
- The Mock Test contains selected questions from previous years’ Common Admission Test (CAT).
- The aim is to familiarize the candidates with different types of questions generally asked in CAT (MCQs/ Non-MCQs) and the exam console.
- The mock test has been designed with a total duration of 120 minutes for the non-PwD candidate (40 minutes each for three sections) based on the pattern followed over the last few years.
The objective of this Mock Test is not to disclose the exam pattern for CAT 2020 and the actual exam may or may not contain similar type of questions and the number of questions may also vary.
Free CAT 2020 Mock Tests
Apart from the official CAT 2020 mock tests, the candidates can check some more options below.
CAT 2020 Mock Test by Aglasem
|Test||Duration – No. of ques||Link|
|Full length||2 hours – 100||Start|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning|
|40 mins – 32||Start|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension|
|40 mins – 34||Start|
|40 mins – 34||Start|
CAT 2020 Mock Test by Others
More CAT Mock Test 2020 – Best (But Not Free)
When we talk about mock tests for CAT exam, the following names stand out. It is common to across names of these coaching centers when you see CAT exam toppers.
You may get 1 or 2 free mock tests from them. But broadly, they are not free.
What are the Benefits of CAT 2020 Mock Test?
Mock test is like taking the exam before the actual exam. The candidates get to experience the exact exam environment as they would on the real exam day. This is one of the biggest benefits of CAT mock tests. Apart from that the candidates can also have the following benefits:
- Candidates learn how to manage the time.
- Mock tests help increase the speed.
- With speed, mock tests also help to improve accuracy.
- Mock tests help the candidates to understand the exam pattern and marking scheme in a practical environment.
The CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CAT 2020 is not pre-defined. In fact, the exam pattern changes every year in terms of the number of questions. The predefined exam pattern of CAT is given below:
Exam Mode: CAT 2020 will be a computer based test.
Time limit: The candidates have to complete the full test in 2 hours and for each section the time limit is set as 40 minutes.
Number of questions – Every year in CAT 100 questions are asked in total. However, since this year the time duration has been reduced from 3 hours to 2 hours, the number of questions in the exam is expected to go down too.
Sections in CAT 2020 exam: There are 3 sections in the test – DILR, VARC and QA.
Marking Scheme: The marking scheme is +3 for correct answers and -1 for wrong ones. This is in case of the MCQs. For the TITA questions, candidates get +3 for correct answer and no marks for wrong answers.
Question type: There are 2 types of questions
- MCQs – Multiple Choice Questions
- TITA – Type in the answer type questions
Distribution of the questions: This varies every year. However last year the pattern was as follows:
|Section||No. of Qs||No. of MCQs||No. of TITA|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34||27||7|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||24||8|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||23||11|
All the Best to CAT 2020 Aspirants!
With the new normal ahead of us, candidates of CAT 2020 must take care of their health at the exam hall. Here are some points to note for CAT 2020 exam day in the midst of COVID-19:
- At the exam center candidates have to carry their personal masks, gloves, hand sanitizer (50 ml), transparent water bottle, and 2 simple pens.
- Candidates must sign the declaration appropriately and show the same to the centre staff at the entry into the test center.
- The candidates must not wear Shoes / footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are not permitted. Also, candidates must not wear any jewellery or other items containing metal.