BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus – The Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University (BMNU) conducts M.Ed. Entrance Test every year to offer admission into 2 – year M.Ed course. The question paper of the test is prepared as per the syllabus of the exam. Hence, candidates should prepare as BNMU MET syllabus. The syllabus is provided officially, by the University. It consist of topics from 10 subjects. Read below to download BNMU MET 2021 syllabus pdf, check topics, pattern, and more.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus
Download pdf for BNMU MET syllabus from the button below.
Candidates should note that the syllabus given for now is as per last year. As soon as the new syllabus is released, we shall update it here. The subject wise BNMU MET 2021 syllabus is as follows:
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Basics of Education
- Understanding Education: Education as a process, Aims of Education, Ideas of Educational thinkers (Gandhi, Tagore, Dewey, Rousseau).
- Education in the socio-cultural context of India: Role of education in social control & social charge. Education as an instrument for promoting national integration, Education for Democracy & Education for Globalization.
- Education for National Development: Education and national development, Education as an Investment for Human Resource and Economic Development.
- Education Policy imperatives: Constitutional provisions, NPE (1986,1992), NCF-2005.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Understanding the learner & learning process
- Understanding the child & Adolescent: Developmental tasks and the role of teacher.
- Understanding differences between learners: Areas of differences, factors affecting differences.
- Understanding differently-abled learners. Methods of studying learner behaviour- Test, Observation, Case study.
- Understanding learning process:- Relevance and applicability of theoretical, Perspectives of learning – Skinner, Piaget, Vygotsky.
- Understanding higher mental processes of learning: Intelligence -Measurement of Intelligence, Creativity: Characteristics & process, Role of teacher in promoting creativity.
- Organizing learning – Paradigms for organizing learning, modes of learning, Organizing learning in heterogeneous classrooms.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Curriculum and curriculum transaction
- Curriculum: Concept, types, bases of curriculum, principles & process of curriculum development.
- Understanding teaching: Major shift in teacher education as per NCF-2005.
- Teaching as a profession, professional ethics & accountability of teacher.
- Phases of teaching: Pre-active, interactive & post-active phase, teacher activities in different phases.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Contemporary issues in school Education
- Equality & Equity in Education: Nature & forms of inequalities, inclusive education, provision for addressing inequalities – SSA, RTE Act, RMSA.
- Quality in Education: Strategies for enhancement of quality in School Education, Functions of NCERT, NCTE, NUEPA, for quality improvement.
- Role of teacher for quality education. Education for Conservation of Environment: Protection and conservation of the environment.
- Strategies for sensitizing learners towards the protection of the environment and its conservation.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Assessing the learner; Planning and management of the school
- Learning Assessment: CCE, Assessment of learning, Assessment for learning, Assessment as learning – its tool & techniques.
- Test construction: Characteristics of a good test.
- Statistics: Measures of variability, Correlation, Standard scores – Z score, T-score, percentile.
- School Development plan & management, management of material, financial and human resources.
- Monitoring and Action Research: Mechanism of monitoring, conducting, reporting action research & follow up.
- Classroom Management: Components of the classroom environment and its management, types of learning resources in the classroom and their management.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter series
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies: Word analogy — Applied analogy; Verbal classification; Reasoning
- Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi-diagrammatic relationship;
- Venn diagram
- Analytical Reasoning
- Sources acquisition and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India: formal and distance education professional/technical and general education; value education: governance, polity and administration; concept, institutions and their interactions.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of teaching
- Teaching aids
- Evaluation systems.
BNMU MET 2021 Syllabus for Communication and People & Environment
- Communication Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
BNMU MET 2021 Exam Pattern
Apart from the syllabus, candidates should also know the pattern of the exam. It is as follows:
Duration: 2 hours
Type of Test: Objective type
Language of the Test: English and Hindi both.
Number of Questions: 100 questions
Total Marks: 100 marks.
Marking Scheme: +1 mark for each correct answer, no mark is deducted for wrong answers.
|Subjects||No of question||Marks|
|Basics of Education||10||10|
|Understanding the learner & learning process||10||10|
|Curriculum and curriculum transaction||10||10|
|Contemporary issues in school Education||10||10|
|Assessing the learner; Planning and management of the school||10||10|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning||10||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||10||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||10||10|
|Communication and People & Environment||10||10|
Official website: bnmu.ac.in