|BITSAT 2021 Events and Details - Application Form, Login, Eligibility Criteria Slot Booking, Admit Card, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Previous Year Qs Papers, Mock Test, Notes|
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
Download the BITSAT syllabus 2021 PDF from direct link below. It contains the topics on which BITSAT 2021 question paper is anticipated to be based upon. The syllabus is broadly based on class 11th, 12th syllabi. The paper shall have questions from physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology (between math and bio, choice depends on course opted for), logical reasoning, English proficiency. The BITSAT syllabus 2021 contains topics of these subjects.
Latest Information: BITS Pilani has released the official BITSAT syllabus 2021.
(The detailed syllabus is also given in text format on this page below).
BITSAT 2021 is the entrance exam for admission to UG engineering and pharma courses offered at BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad.
BITSAT 2021 Admit Card Releases by BITS Pilani – Download Here
BITSAT Mock Test 2021
Knowing the syllabus of BITSAT is not enough to crack the exam. Along with knowledge, practice is also needed. Hence, we have created a BITSAT 2021 mock test. The mock test of BITSAT by Aglasem is free of cost and candidates can access it from the links below.
|BITSAT Mock Test||Mock Test||Practice Test|
BITSAT 2021 Physics Syllabus
Units & Measurement
- Units (Different systems of units, SI units, fundamental and derived units)
- Dimensional Analysis
- Precision and significant figures
- Fundamental measurements in Physics (Vernier callipers, screw gauge, Physical balance etc)
- Properties of vectors
- Position, velocity and acceleration vectors
- Motion with constant acceleration
- Projectile motion
- Uniform circular motion
- Relative motion
Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Newton’s laws (free body diagram, resolution of forces)
- Motion on an inclined plane
- The motion of blocks with pulley systems
- Circular motion – centripetal force
- Inertial and non-inertial frames
Impulse and Momentum
- Definition of impulse and momentum
- Conservation of momentum
- The momentum of a system of particles
- Center of mass
Work and Energy
- Work is done by a force
- Kinetic energy and work-energy theorem
- Conservative forces and potential energy
- Conservation of mechanical energy
- Description of rotation (angular displacement, angular velocity and angular acceleration)
- Rotational motion with constant angular acceleration
- Moment of inertia, Parallel and perpendicular axes theorems, rotational kinetic energy
- Torque and angular momentum
- Conservation of angular momentum
- Rolling motion
- Newton’s law of gravitation
- Gravitational potential energy, Escape velocity
- The motion of planets – Kepler’s laws, satellite motion
Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Pressure, density and Archimedes’ principle
- Viscosity and Surface Tension
- Bernoulli’s theorem
- Kinematics of simple harmonic motion
- Spring mass system, simple and compound pendulum
- Forced & damped oscillations, resonance
- Progressive sinusoidal waves
- Standing waves in strings and pipes
- Superposition of waves, beats
- Doppler Effect
Heat and Thermodynamics
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Thermal equilibrium and temperature
- Specific heat, Heat Transfer – Conduction, convection and radiation, thermal conductivity, Newton’s law of cooling Work, heat and first law of thermodynamics
- 2nd law of thermodynamics, Carnot engine – Efficiency and Coefficient of performance
- Coulomb’s law
- Electric field (discrete and continuous charge distributions)
- Electrostatic potential and Electrostatic potential energy
- Gauss’ law and its applications
- Electric dipole
- Capacitance and dielectrics (parallel plate capacitor, capacitors in series and parallel)
- Ohm’s law, Joule heating
- D.C circuits – Resistors and cells in series and parallel, Kirchoff’s laws, potentiometer and Wheatstone bridge
- Electrical Resistance (Resistivity, origin and temperature dependence of resistivity).
Magnetic Effect of Current
- Biot-Savart’s law and its applications
- Ampere’s law and its applications
- Lorentz force, the force on current-carrying conductors in a magnetic field
- The magnetic moment of a current loop, torque on a current loop, Galvanometer and its conversion to voltmeter and ammeter
- Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law, eddy currents
- Self and mutual inductance
- Transformers and generators
- Alternating current
- AC circuits, LCR circuits
- Laws of reflection and refraction
- Lenses and mirrors
- Optical instruments – telescope and microscope
- Interference – Huygen’s principle, Young’s double-slit experiment
- Interference in thin films
- Diffraction due to a single slit
- Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics (only qualitative ideas), Electromagnetic spectrum
- Polarization – states of polarization, Malus’ law, Brewster’s law
- Dual nature of light and matter – Photoelectric effect, De Broglie wavelength
- Atomic models – Rutherford’s experiment, Bohr’s atomic model
- Hydrogen atom spectrum
- Nuclear reactions: Fission and fusion, binding energy
- Energy bands in solids (qualitative ideas only), conductors, insulators and semiconductors;
- Semiconductor diode – I-V characteristics in forward and reverse bias, diode as a rectifier; I-characteristics of LED, photodiode, solar cell, and Zener diode; Zener diode as a voltage regulator.
- Junction transistor, transistor action, characteristics of a transistor; transistor as an amplifier (common
- emitter configuration) and oscillator
- Logic gates (OR, AND, NOT, NAND and NOR). Transistor as a switch.
BITSAT 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
States of Matter
- Chemical reactions
- Three states of matter, intermolecular interactions, types of bonding, melting and boiling points Gaseous
- Liquid state
- Subatomic particles
- Quantum mechanics
- Many electron atoms
- Types of elements
- Molecular Structure
- Covalent Bond
- Dipole moments; Hydrogen Bond.
- First Law of Thermodynamics
- Second Law
- Third Law
Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Concentration Units: Mole Fraction, Molarity, and Molality
- Physical Equilibrium
- Chemical Equilibria
- Ionic Equilibria
- Salts; Common Ion Effect.
- Redox Reactions: Oxidation-reduction reactions (electron transfer concept); Oxidation number; Balancing
- of redox reactions; Electrochemical cells and cell reactions; Standard electrode potentials; EMF of
- Faraday’s laws of Electrolysis
- Aspects of Kinetics
- Factor Affecting the Rate of the Reactions:
- 7.3 Surface Chemistry: Adsorption
- Tyndall effect
Hydrogen and s-block elements
p- d- and f-block elements
Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
Physical and Chemical Equilibria
Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and
Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
BITSAT 2021 Mathematics Syllabus
- Theory of Quadratic equations,
- Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Logarithms and their properties.
- Exponential series.
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial theorem for a positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients, Pascal’s triangle
- Matrices and determinants
- Sets, Relations and (Graphical).
- Measurement of angles in radians and degrees
- The solution of trigonometric equations.
- Inverse trigonometric functions
Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Cartesian coordinates, the distance between two points, section formulae, the shift of origin.
- Straight lines and pair of straight lines
- Circles: Equation of a circle in standard form, parametric equations of a circle.
- Conic sections: parabola, ellipse and hyperbola their eccentricity, directrices & foci.
Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Co-ordinate axes and co-ordinate planes
- The angle between two lines whose direction ratios are given, the shortest distance between two lines.
- Equation of a plane,
- Domain and range of a real-valued function
- The derivative of different types of
- Geometric interpretation of derivative, Tangents and Normal.
- Increasing and decreasing functions, Maxima and minima of a function.
- Rolle’s Theorem, Mean Value Theorem and Intermediate Value Theorem.
- Integration as the inverse process of differentiation
- Methods of integration
- Definite integrals and their properties
- Application of definite integrals to the determination of areas of regions bounded by simple curves.
Ordinary Differential Equations
- Order and degree of a differential equation, formulation of a differential equation
- The solution of homogeneous differential equations of the first order and first degree
- Linear first-order differential equations
- Direction ratio/cosines of vectors,
- Dot and cross products of two vectors, projection of a vector on a line.
- Scalar triple products and their geometrical interpretations.
BITSAT 2021 Biology Syllabus
Diversity in Living World
- What is living; Taxonomic categories and aids
- Introductory classification of living
- Plant kingdom
- Animal kingdom
Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
- Cell wall
- Structural differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic, and between plant and animal cells.
- Cell cycle (various phases); Mitosis; Meiosis.
- Biomolecules – Structure and function of Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids, and Nucleic acids.
- Enzymes – Chemical nature, types, properties and mechanism of action.
Genetics and Evolution
- Mendelian inheritance
- Linkage and Crossing over
- DNA –its organization and replication; Transcription and Translation;
- Gene expression and regulation; DNA fingerprinting.
- Theories and evidence of evolution, including modern Darwinism.
Structure and Function – Plants
- Morphology of a flowering plant
- Absorption and movement of water
- Mineral nutrition
- Respiration Energy relations
Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Asexual methods of reproduction;
- Sexual Reproduction
- Fertilization; Development of embryo, endosperm, seed and fruit
- Growth and Movement
- Apical dominance; Senescence; Abscission
- Various types of movements.
Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Human Physiology
- Body fluids and circulation
- Hypertension, Coronary artery diseases.
- Excretion system
- 5.4 Locomotion and movement
- 5.5 Control and coordination
- Mechanism of hormone
- Male and female reproductive systems;
- Menstrual cycle; Gamete production; Fertilisation; Implantation;
- Embryo development;
- Pregnancy and parturition;
- Birth control and contraception.
Ecology and Environment
- Meaning of ecology, environment, habitat and niche.
- Ecological levels of the organization
- Community and Ecosystem
- Ecological pyramids; Food chain and Food web;
- Energy flow; Major types of ecosystems including agroecosystem.
- Ecological adaptations – Structural and physiological features in plants and animals of aquatic and desert
Biotechnology and its Applications
- Microbes as an ideal system for biotechnology;
- Microbial technology in food processing, industrial production (
- Steps in recombinant DNA technology
- Applications of R-DNA technology in human health
- Applications in Industry and Agriculture
BITSAT 2021 English Proficiency Syllabus
- The agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
- Reconstruction (rewording)
- 4. Composition
- 4.1 Rearrangement
- 4.2 Paragraph Unity
- 4.3 Linkers/Connectives
BITSAT 2021 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- Series Completion
- Logical Deduction
- Chart Logic
- Nonverbal Reasoning
- Pattern Perception
- Figure Formation and Analysis
- Paper Cutting
- Figure Matrix
- Rule Detection
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2021
The BITSAT is one of the popular engineering entrance tests for the students who wish to take admission in any of the BITS Pilani colleges in India or abroad. The key points of the examination pattern of BITSAT are given below:
- The BITSAT examination is conducted in the online mode.
- The question asked in the BITSAT examination is of the multiple-choice based. The candidate has to mark the correct answer out of the four options given in the question paper.
- The language of the question paper will be only English.
- Total number of questions in the exam is 150.
- Total marks in the exam is 450.
- Each correct answer accounts for 3 marks while each wrong answer accounts for -1 mark.
- The duration of the test will be 180 minutes for all the candidates.
If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions.
BITSAT 2021 Distribution of Questions in B.E Paper
|Subject||No of questions|
|(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
BITSAT 2021 Distribution of Questions in B.Pharm Paper
|Subject||No of questions|
|(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
BITSAT Important Books 2021
Here, are few important books for BITSAT 2021, which the candidates may refer too.
|Physics||NCERT Physics Textbook Part 1 and 2 NCERT Solutions Physics 12th by Nidhi Goel CBSE Physics Chapter-wise Solved Paper for class 11th and 12th by Arihant.|
|Chemistry||NCERT Chemistry Textbook Part 1 and 2 NCERT Solutions Chemistry Class 11th by Purnima SharmaCBSE Chemistry Chapterwise Solved Papers by Arihant Experts|
|English Proficiency||The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT by One Learn EducationComprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test by Disha Experts|
|Mathematics/Biology||NCERT Chemistry Textbook Part 1 and 2 Mathematics by R D Sharma for class 11th and 12th.CBSE Chapterwise Solved Paper Mathematics Class 12 by Arihant Experts|
BITSAT Exam 2021
The BITSAT examination is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science for the students who wish to take up Engineering or Pharma courses in any of the BITS Pilani colleges. The examination is a computer-based test in which the questions are based on three subjects viz Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The candidates can apply for the examination when the notification is released for the BITSAT 2021. The students who score marks more than the cut-off than the score decided by the college will be called in for the counselling session. Upon attending the counselling session, the candidates will be allotted college or branch in any of the engineering or pharma courses. The notification of BITS Pilani will be released in March 2021 for all the candidates who have completed class 12th examination.
BITSAT Syllabus 2021 FAQs
Question: What are the main topics asked in the BITSAT exam 2021?
Answer: The candidates can check the subject wise important topics for the BITSAT 2021 examination in the article above.
Question: Is there any negative marking in the BITSAT Examination?
Answer: Yes, each wrong answer accounts for -1 mark in the examination.
Question: Will I have to qualify in all the sections to pass the BITSAT 2021?
Answer: Yes, you will have to qualify all the sections asked in the BITSAT 2021 examination.
Question: I am a Bio student and wish to pursue a pharma course, can I appear for the BITSAT course?
Answer: Yes, you can opt for the BITSAT pharma version which has four subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and logical Reasoning.