|BITSAT 2021 Events and Details - Application Form, Login, Eligibility Criteria Slot Booking, Admit Card, Result|
|Preparation - Syllabus, Previous Year Qs Papers, Mock Test, Notes|
BITSAT 2021 – BITS Pilani has started BITSAT registration 2021 and released all details for the exam. BITSAT will be held from 24 to 30 June 2021. Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is the institute level engineering entrance exam for admission to BITS Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Admission will be offered to Engineering (BE), Pharmacy (B.Pharma), and Integrated Science (M.Sc) programs on the basis of it. Get here complete details and latest news on BITSAT 2021 including exam date, syllabus, registration, application form.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Date and Other Important Dates
BITS Pilani has announced dates for BITSAT 2021 exam, application form, admit card, result and more. Check the complete schedule here.
|Commencement of BITSAT registration 2021||23 Feb 2021|
|Last date to apply||29 May 2021|
|Start of form correction window||27 May 2021|
|Last date to do form correction||31 May 2021|
|Test center allotment||02 Jun 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 slot booking starting on||04 Jun 2021|
|Last date for slot booking||11 Jun 2021|
|Hall ticket download start on||12 Jun 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 exam dates||24 – 30 Jun 2021|
|Submit 12th board marks and preferences starts on||29 Jun 2021|
|Last date to Submit 12th board marks and preferences||25 Jul 2021|
|Editing of preferences start on||26 Jul 2021|
|Editing of preferences ends on||28 Jul 2021|
|Admit list and wait list announcement on after Iteration I||31 Jul 2021|
|Deadline to pay the advance fee||07 Aug 2021|
|Announcement of admission after Iteration II||09 Aug 2021|
|Deadline to pay the balance fee selected from the waiting list|
in second iteration
|14 Aug 2021|
|Announcement of admission after Iteration III||16 Aug 2021|
|Deadline for candidates who wish to withdraw admission||17-20 Aug 2021|
|Deadline to pay the balance fee selected from the waiting list|
in third iteration
|21 Aug 2021|
|Announcement of admission after Iteration IV||23 Aug 2021|
|Reporting at respective campuses for candidates selected in Iteration I, II, III, IV||30 Aug 2021|
|Orientation and Document Verification||31 Aug 2021|
|Announcement of admission after Iteration V||31 Aug 2021|
|Registration of courses at respective centres for 1st sem|
at respective campuses
|01 Sep 2021|
|Class work begins from||02 Sep 2021|
|Reporting for admission at respective campuses for candidates selected|
for admission in Iteration V
|07 Sep 2021|
|Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration VI (if required)||07 Sep 2021|
|Reporting for admission at respective campuses for candidates selected|
for admission in Iteration VI
|14 Sep 2021|
BITSAT 2021 Registration / Application Form
The BITSAT 2021 application form has been released on 23 February.
The candidates can fill form online only at bitsadmission.com. Note that the printout of the submitted application form must not be sent via post to BITS Pilani.
Check the application process given below.
- Register: Click on the link of the application form given above on this page. Now, click on the ‘New Registration’ button and enter the personal details like name, email id, mobile number etc.
- Complete the application form: After the completion of the registration process, the unique application number is generated. Now, enter the other personal details, address details and academic details. Also, select the exam centres.
- Upload the images: After entering all the details, upload the images of photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee: Then, select the payment gateway and pay the application fee.
- Take the printout of the submitted application form: Lastly, take the printout of the filled-in application form for future reference.
|Male/Female candidates opting for Dubai exam center||INR 7000|
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2021
The candidates seeking admission at BITS Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad campuses have to fulfill all the eligibility conditions specified by the institute. Check the detailed BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria given below.
Who can apply? The candidates appearing in 12th class examinations in 2021 or those who have cleared in 2020 can apply for BITSAT 2021.
- For admission to all programmes (Except B.Pharm): The candidates should have cleared class 12th from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- B.Pharm: The candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent Physics, Chemistry and Biology. However, candidates with PCM can also apply for the Pharmacy program.
Minimum Percentage in the Qualifying Examination
- A minimum of 75% aggregate marks are required in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in class 12th examination.
- The candidates must have also obtained minimum 60% marks in each of the subjects given above.
- Also, the candidates must be proficient in English.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers: The candidates who obtain first rank in any of the Central or State board exam in India conducted in the year 2021 shall be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2021 score.
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
The questions in BITSAT 2021 are framed according to the NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th. Check the subject-wise chapters given below.
Part I – Physics
- Units and Measurement
- Newton’s Law of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Modern Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Electronic Devices
Part II – Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- p, d and f block elements
- Principle of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen and Oxygen
Part III: English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
- Grammar: Agreement, Time and Sense, Parallel Construction, Relative Pronouns, Determiners, Prepositions, Adjectives, Modals, Voice, Transformation, Question Tags, Phrasal Verbs
- Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled Letters, Spelling, Homophones, Analogy, Contextual Meaning
- Composition: Re-arrangement, Paragraph Unity, Linkers / Connectives
- Reading Comprehension: Content / ideas, Vocabulary, Referents, Idioms / Phrases, Reconstruction / Re-wording
- Series Completion
- Logical Deduction
- Chart Logic
- Paper Cutting
- Pattern Perception
- Figure Formation and Analysis
- Figure Matrix
- Rule Detection
Part IV: Mathematics
- 2 Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- 3 Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Mathematical Modeling
Part IV: Biology
- Diversity in Living World
- Genetics and Evolution
- Cell: The Unit of Life, Structure and Function
- Structure and Function – Animals
- Structure and Function – Plants
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
BITS Admission Test is held in the online mode. Check the exam pattern of BITSAT 2021 given below.
- The total duration of the test is 3 hours (without break)
- All questions in the test are objective type. In other words, the test comprises of multiple-choice questions
- The test comprises of 4 parts
- There are total 150 questions in the test
- For each correct answer, 03 marks are awarded. Whereas, in case of each incorrect answer, 01 marks are deducted. Un-attempted questions lead to 0 marks
Distribution of questions
|Parts||Subject||No. of questions|
|Part III||a) English Proficiency|
b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics / Biology||45|
Important: If any candidate attempts all 150 questions (without skipping any question), then they will get a chance of answering 12 additional questions, if the time is still left. These questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology (4 from each subject).
Also, keep in mind if the candidate has opted for extra questions, he / she cannot go back for correction of the earlier answered 150 questions.
Click here to check out previous year papers of BITSAT exam
BITSAT Mock Test
Solving mock test is one of the most effective preparation strategy for any examination. By giving mocks, one will get to know about the type of questions asked in the exam. Through mock tests, one will be able to learn the time-management needed to complete the test. Check the mock test links of all the parts of BITSAT given below.
|BITSAT 2020||Mock Test|
|Full Test||Click Here|
|Logical Reasoning||Click Here|
Recommended Books for BITSAT 2021 Preparation
Check the books given below to prepare for BITSAT 2021.
|BITSAT 12 Year-wise Solved Papers (2020 – 2009)||Buy Here|
|General English for All Competitive Examinations||Buy Here|
|Super 10 Mock Tests for BITSAT 2020||Buy Here|
|Prep Guide to BITSAT 2021||Buy Here|
|Guide to English & Logical Reasoning for BITSAT with past 7 Year Solved Paper||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Physics Text Book Part 1 for Class 12||Buy Here|
|Physics Text Book Part – 2 for Class – 12||Buy Here|
|NCERT Solutions Mathematics 12th||Buy Here|
|Chemistry Textbook Part – 1 for Class – 12||Buy Here|
|Chemistry Textbook Part – 2 for Class – 12 – 12086||Buy Here|
Preparation Tips for BITSAT 2021
Check the preparation tips given below for BITSAT 2021.
Tip #1: Go through the syllabus and exam pattern: Firstly, check the syllabus properly. After checking the syllabus, one will have a clear picture about what topics have to be studied. Also, check the exam pattern to know the marking scheme, duration to complete the test etc.
Tip #2: Start the preparation with important topics: After knowing the syllabus, one will get to know the weightage of topics. So, make a timetable and divide it according to the important topics and less important topics. Then, write down the daily or weekly targets and follow them.
Tip #3: Choose the best study material: First of all, complete the NCERT books. Then, choose one or two reference books. It is advised not to refer too many books.
Tip #4: Solve previous year question papers: Solve the last 10 years question papers to know about the type of questions that have been coming over the years. Solving previous year question papers also help in improving the speed to solve and understand the questions.
Tip #5: Solve mock tests: To know about the actual pattern of the exam, it is advised to practice more and more mock tests.
BITSAT 2021 Slot Booking
After the completion of the application process, the candidates are given a chance to book the slots for the exam. This process is known as BITSAT slot booking. Since the exam is being conducted on many days and in two shifts, it is important to reserve the exam date and slot as per convenience.
- BITSAT slot booking is done on the first-come-first-serve-basis.
- To do the slot booking, the candidates are required to sign in using their login credentials.
- The candidates can choose the slots according to their availability (9.00 AM – 12.00 PM and 2.00 PM – 5.00 PM).
BITSAT Admit Card / Hall Ticket 2021
BITSAT admit card 2021 can be download from bitsadmission.com. The candidates can download the admit card by entering the BITSAT 2021 application number, password, and email id.
- The admit card is issued to all the candidates who have completed the application and slot booking process.
- BITSAT hall ticket 2021 is not sent individually to the candidates via post or email. It has to be downloaded via online mode only.
- On the day of the examination, it is mandatory to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre. Only those candidates are allowed to enter the test centre who have the admit card.
- Details like exam date, exam timings, subject opted, address of the exam centre etc are mentioned in BITSAT 2021 admit card.
BITSAT 2021 Results
The score report is displayed on the computer screen once the exam is over. The candidates can also check BITSAT 2021 result at a later stage from the official website, bitsadmission.com after entering the login credentials.
- Various rounds of the announcement of the result is known as Iteration.
- The candidates who qualify the test have to upload their 12th class marks and preferences of programmes.
- After this, the merit position is decided according to the marks secured in BITSAT.
- Two separate lists are prepared for admission; for all programmes (except B.Pharm) and B.Pharm.
BITSAT Cut Offs
After the declaration of BITSAT result, the cut-off scores are released. These are basically the minimum marks that candidates must have in order to take admission in their desired campus. The cut-off varies course-to-course.
Some of the factors that are considered in deciding the cut-off are:
- Availability of seats
- Difficulty level of the test
- Past year cut offs etc
Check the previous year final cut-off given below.
|Pilani||B.E Electrical & Electronics||333|
|Pilani||B.E Computer Science||372|
|Pilani||B.E Electronics & Instrumentation||323|
|Pilani||M.Sc Biological Sciences||261|
|Goa||B.E Electrical & Electronics||306|
|Goa||B.E Computer Science||347|
|Goa||B.E Electronics & Instrumentation||293|
|Goa||B.E Electronics & Communication||320|
|Goa||M.Sc Biological Sciences||246|
|Hyderabad||B.E Electrical & Electronics||300|
|Hyderabad||B.E Computer Science||336|
|Hyderabad||B.E Electronics & Instrumentation||290|
|Hyderabad||B.E Electronics & Communication||314|
|Hyderabad||M.Sc Biological Sciences||240|
About BITS Pilani
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani is recognized as an Institute of Eminence by MHRD. It is India’s leading institute of Higher Education and a deemed to be university. The institute was estbalished in the year 1964. It is affiliated with UGC, AIU, PCI etc.
It is also India’s highest ranked Non-Govt institute as per QS India and QS Asia 2020. Apart from Pilani, the other campuses are situated at Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
Official Website: bitsadmission.com
Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani – 333 031 (Rajasthan) India.
Phone: 01596-242205, 01596-255330
Frequently Asked Questions on BITS Admission Test 2021
Ans. BITSAT 2021 will be held from 24 – 30 June 2021.
Ans. You can tke admission in B.E., B.Pharma and Integrated M.Sc courses through BITSAT.
Ans. No, the application form cannot be filled via offline mode.
Ans. BITSAT will be held as a computer-based test.
Ans. Yes, for each incorrect answer 01 marks will be deducted.
Ans. The syllabus of BITSAT 2021 is based on the NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
Visit bitsadmission.com for the latest updates of BITSAT 2021