BHU Nursing 2021: Admission via NEET 2021

Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has announced that admission in the B.Sc Nursing course 2021 will be based on NEET UG 2021. BHU used to hold its own entrance test for admission in B.Sc Nursing. However, from this year BHU will fill its B.Sc nursing seats on the basis of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) 2021.

The aspirants looking forward to take admission in Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in the B.Sc Nursing course have to appear for NEET 2021. However, they need to first check the eligibility conditions applicable for the B.Sc Nursing course in BHU.

Read: All details on NEET 2021

BHU Nursing 2021

Latest – Admission in B.Sc Nursing course offered by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will be based on NEET UG 2021.

BHU Nursing 2021 Eligibility Criteria

The aspirants of BHU Nursing 2021 should fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by BHU. 

Nationality: Indian

Age limit: Should be between 17 to 25 years on December 31, 2021.

Educational Qualifications: 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board of institute with minimum 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

Relaxation of Marks: 

  • Candidates belonging to SC/ST/ OBC (Non-creamy layer) should have at least 40% marks in 10+2.
  • The physically challenged candidates of the general category should have at least 45% marks in 10+2.

How to Apply for BHU B.Sc. Nursing 2021

This year since the admission is based on NEET UG 2021, candidates have to apply for NEET UG 2021 by filling out the application form for it.

Apply for NEET 2021NEET 2021 application form.

The candidates have to register for NEET 2021 online at the official website of NEET which is neet.nta.nic.in. To apply for NEET, candidates need to follow the steps below:

  • Register online with basic details.
  • Access the online application form and fill in all the details.
  • Upload the needed documents.
  • Pay the online application fee.

About NEET 2021

National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test once a year for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS courses. However, this year, results of NEET (UG) – 2021 may be used for admission in relevant courses including B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc. (Life Sciences) courses.

  • NEET (UG) – 2021 will be conducted in 11 languages, including Hindi and English through Pen & Paper mode
  • The NEET 2021 result is used for admission in 100% UG medical seats across India, including seats in JIPMER and AIIMS. 
  • On the basis of the NEET 2021 all India merit list, admission in 15% all India quota seats is done. Whereas, the state merit list is used to fill remaining 85% seats.

NEET 2021 exam pattern: It conducts an offline exam of 3 hours containing 180 MCQ’s from physics, chemistry, and biology. The candidates are given 3 hours to complete the full paper. The total marks allotted in NEET is 720 marks. Each question carries 4 marks and for any wrong attempt candidates get a penalty of 1 marks. NEET 2021 exam pattern in detail.

NEET 2021 counselling: The counselling of NEET is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). It is held as per the norms by MCI, NMC, and DCI. Dring the counselling, seats are allocated to the candidates on the basis of their all India rank in NEET. MCC only conducts the counselling to fill 15% all India quota seats. The rest of the 85% state quota seats are filled by state / union Govt. designated authorities.

About B.Sc Nursing Course at Banaras Hindu University

BHU offers regular course in B.Sc Nursing. The duration of the course is 4 years. The eligibility for admission in this course is that candidates must have NEET UG score and must have studied Biology as a compulsory subject in 10+2.

Structure of the course is as follows:

1 Year3 Year
PsychologyMedical Surgical Nursing – II
Nutrition & BiochemistryMidwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
Anatomy & PhysiologyMental Health Nursing
Nursing FoundationChild Health Nursing
Microbiology (Nursing)Mental Health Nursing (Practical)
EnglishNursing Research & Statistics
Introduction to computer..4 Year
2 YearMidwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
SociologyCommunity Health Nursing -II
Medical Surgical Nursing Practical -IManagement of Nursing Services and Education
Communication and Educational Technology
Community Health Nursing – I
Pharmacology, Pathology, Genetics.

BHU Nursing 2021 Seat Intake

The seats intake for B.Sc. Nursing and B.Pharma courses of the previous year were as follows. The same numbers of seats may be available this year too. 

CategoryFor B.Sc Nursing
General31
SC11
ST6
EWS7
OBC20
Total75
CategoryB. Pharma (Ayurveda)
General15
SC3
ST10
EWS6
OBC3
Total37
CategoryBOT Course (self-financing)
General10
SC3
ST7
EWS2
OBC2
Total25
CategoryBPT Course (self-financing)
General10
SC3
ST4
EWS2
OBC2
Total25

About Banaras Hindu University

One of the oldest modern universities in India, Banaras Hindu University was formed by  Maharaja of Darbhanga Rameshwar Singh, Madan Mohan Malaviya, Sunder Lal, and Annie Besant in 1916. The main campus of the university spreads across 1,300 acres (5.3 km2), BHU constitutes 14 streams in six institutions and 140 departments. This university has a place for almost every stream of education from modern science to ancient Vedas. It’s a place where a student can learn modern techniques while adopting the age-old values and traditions. 

Official Website: bhu.ac.in/ims

FAQs for BHU Nursing 2021

Ques. What is the official website for BHU Nursing 2021 admission?

Ans. The official website for BHU Nursing 2021 admission is bhu.ac.in/ims.

Ques. In what mode BHU Nursing entrance examination is conducted?

Ans. This year BHU will not hold any entrance exam for BHU B.Sc Nursing admission. The admission will be based on NEET 2021 held by NTA.

Ques. How are candidates selected for admission in Nursing courses offered at BHU?

Ans. The candidates are selected as per the marks secured in NEET UG 2021.

Leave a Reply

UPES 2022 Application Form Released
[topbarads title="UPES Dehradun Application" link="https://tinyx.in/upes"]