Best Books for NEET 2022 Chemistry – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) 2022 is a national level medical entrance exam. Last year, 15.44 lakh candidates appeared for the test. This means that there is a very high level of competition and the students leave no stone unturned while preparing for this exam. Each aspirant tries to gain that extra edge over their peers and books play a key role in this. The best books for NEET 2022 will be beneficial to crack the competitive medical entrance exam.
To get admission into good Medical colleges, a student must get 650-700 marks in the NEET 2022. For this, Chemistry is the subject where the aspirants should score around 160-170 marks. With this in mind, starting off with NCERT Chemistry books of class 11th and 12th and then moving on to advanced level books is highly recommended by subject experts as well as the toppers.
Recommended: Best Books for NEET 2022 Biology
Best Books for NEET 2022 Chemistry
If we talk about Chemistry section, then it can be divided into 3 parts broadly; Organic, Inorganic and Physical. After Biology, Chemistry section is considered to be easy while attempting the paper. Check the NCERT and other books for NEET 2022 chemistry section from the table given below.
|Chemistry textbook for Class 11th and 12th by NCERT||Check Price Here|
|Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11 & Class 12||Check Price Here|
|Dinesh Publications Chemistry Cracker||Check Price Here|
|Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET/AIIMS by M S Chauhan||Check Price Here|
|Organic Chemistry by Himanshu Pandey||Check Price Here|
|Organic Chemistry by Solomon and Fryhle||Check Price Here|
|Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd||Check Price Here|
|Physical Chemistry by O.P Tandon||Check Price Here|
|Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur||Check Price Here|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee||Check Price Here|
|Inorganic Chemistry by Vishal Joshi||Check Price Here|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee||Check Price Here|
|A Textbook of Organic Chemistry by Bahl & Bahl||Check Price Here|
Important Topics for NEET 2022
It is important for the students to get a basic understanding of the topics and their significance in order to set up a good preparation strategy. The following table contains the number of questions asked in the previous year.
|Sl. No.||Topic||No. of questions asked|
|5||s- Block and Hydrogen||1+1|
|6||Boron and carbon family||1|
|8||d and f block||1|
|12||GOC – I||0|
|13||GOC – II||3|
|17||Carbon Compounds & Carboxylic acid||3|
|18||N- containing compound||2|
|32||Chemistry in everyday life||1|
Why are NCERT Books Relevant for the Preparation of NEET 2022?
This is probably the first question that arises in a student’s mind while preparing for the NEET. However, students should understand that NCERT books are like building blocks as they contain more than sufficient information from which questions are framed in the exam.
Almost all medical aspirants must think at some point “Why are the NCERT textbooks recommended by many toppers as well as the experts in spite of there being so many external books specifically designed for NEET ?”. Well, the reason is quite simple and straightforward:
- Strong Fundamentals: All the questions in the medical entrance are based on the concepts which are well explained and are easy to study from the NCERT textbooks. NEET 2019 AIR 1, Nalin Khanderwal emphaised on completing NCERT books. After that, he used to do multiple readings of a single topic and prepared notes for preparation. This used to help him with memorizing a lot of things. So, focus on NCERT books and then, move on to the reference books.
- Direct questions: The most important advantage of NCERT textbooks is that a lot of questions are directly asked in the examination, especially the numerical-based questions.
- Simple and easy to understand language: NCERT textbooks of all subjects have simple language and are designed in a straightforward and direct manner. Every student can understand all the concepts explained in these books. This is the main reason why NCERT textbooks stand above the rest of the external books as far as the NEET 2022 preparation is concerned.
Significance of Best Books for NEET 2022 Chemistry
The Chemistry section of the NEET exam is one of the easiest and most scoring. By performing well in the Chemistry section, candidates can drastically improve their NEET 2022 scores.
So, books play a crucial role and can make a big difference in deciding the future of the aspirant. Each part of Chemistry, if studied from the right reference book, can help boost the NEET scores drastically.
How to Prepare for NEET 2022?
Given below are some of the preparation tips for NEET 2022.
- First and foremost, the students must know the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam. This will help the candidates to strategize and schedule their preparation based on the difficulty of each topic or subject according to their weakness.
- Set a goal to complete some topics each day and try as much as possible to complete them on time. This will provide a huge boost of motivation and will make the candidates more confident.
- Start with the basics. NCERT textbooks are like the basic building block towards the NEET exam preparation. So, focus on completing NCERT books first.
- A proper timetable is very essential. A student must make one and strictly follow that from the beginning itself.
- Make short notes daily of the important concepts. This will help getting the hold of the topics learned so far.
- Revision is perhaps the most important aspect. Due to the nature of the subject, covering all topics without revising is not ideal. Regular revision can make a huge difference.
- Maintain a good health routine. Each and every day is considered crucial and should not be wasted due to health issues.
- Lastly and most importantly, eat healthy food and sleep well. Students should not sacrifice their sleep as it plays a crucial role in making sure that the student stays refreshed. This helps in exercising the brain.
FAQs on Best Books For NEET 2022 Chemistry
Ans. NCERT textbooks are the best when it comes to building from the base. After referring to them, it is good to refer to external books which are specifically designed for NEET preparation.
Ans. In order to score at least 600 marks , a student must score around 140-150 marks in the Chemistry section.
Ans. JD Lee’s book on inorganic Chemistry is good for further reference and detailed knowledge. However, it is regarded as a must-have book to obtain good marks.
Ans. To prepare for NEET 2022, complete the syllabus on time. Give regular mock tests. Solve previous year question papers and be consistent in your studies.