Best Books for MET 2022 Exam – There are a lot of resources present in the market for the preparation of MET 2022. We have listed the best resources that the candidates preparing for MET 2022 can refer to. These books are based on the analysis of interviews of different toppers and MET exam experts. Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) conducts the MET entrance exam every year for admission into their engineering program. Candidates can refer to this page for various information related to the best books of MET 2022 such as section-wise best books, exam patterns, preparation tips, etc.
Best Books for MET 2022 Exam
MET is a computer-based test. The time duration is 2 hours and 20 minutes. A total number of 200 multiple-choice questions are asked in this examination. In this examination, there is four subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & General Aptitude. Here we have listed some important books as per the different parts of MET 2022 for better results. Check the links and prices of the books mentioned below.
Best Books for MET 2022 – Physics
|Concepts of Physics Part-1, H. C. Verma||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics Part-2, H. C. Verma||Buy Here|
|Understanding Physics (Volume-1), (Volume-2) DC Pandey||Buy Here|
|Electricity and Magnetism, DC Pandey||Buy Here|
|Optics and Modern Physics, DC Pandey||Buy Here|
Best Books for MET 2022 – Chemistry
|Organic Chemistry, Morrison Boyd||Buy Here|
|A modern approach to chemical calculations, R.C. Mukherjee||Buy Here|
|Inorganic Chemistry, O. P. Tandon||Buy Here|
|Physical Chemistry, P. Bahadur||Buy Here|
|Organic Chemistry (G.R. Bathla Publications)-Part 1, O. P. Tandon & A. K. Virmani||Buy Here|
Best Books for MET 2022 – Mathematics
|Algebra (Arihant), SK Goyal||Buy Here|
|Trigonometry, Geometry Books, I.A. Maron||Buy Here|
|Class XII Mathematics, R.D. Sharma||Buy Here|
|NCERT mathematics book||Buy Here|
Best Books for MET 2022 – English
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi||Buy Here|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by R. S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|General Aptitude, R.S. Agarwal||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
MET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for MET 2022 consists of the details related to the exam structure & question pattern including the exam mode, exam duration, marking scheme, the number of questions, etc.
- Mode of Examination: This examination is computer based.
- Language of the Exam: This examination will be held in English language.
- Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes will be the total duration of this examination.
- Number of Question: There is total 200 number of question.
- Type of Question: Type of question of this examination is Multiple Choice Question.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 04 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, 01 marks will be deducted.
Paper Pattern of MET 2022
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
MET 2022 Syllabus
MAHE is still yet to release the MET syllabus 2022 but the candidates can refer to the following information for the syllabus. The information given below is based on last year’s data.
- Physics: Kinematics, Units and Measurement, Work and Energy, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Motion of System of Particles, Thermodynamics, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves, Current Electricity, Electrostatics.
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Statistics and Probability, Linear Programming, Mathematical Reasoning, Coordinate Geometry, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry.
- English: Modals, Usages in English, Use of proper tense and sequence of tense, Vocabulary, Subject-verb concord, Sentence structure, Clauses, Pronouns, Determiners/ Use of proper articles.
- Chemistry: Basic concepts in Chemistry, Atomic structure, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Chemical thermodynamics, Periodic properties, Environmental chemistry, Basic principles of organic chemistry, Aldehyde and Ketones, Polymers.
MET 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates need to follow a robust plan before preparing for MET. The following preparation tips are based on the interviews of different toppers and exam experts.
- All aspirants must practice grammar such as verb, pronoun, tense, adjective, voice change etc. every day for English.
- The questions in mathematics section, there will ask from a variety of topics like algebra, profit and loss, time and work, average, speed and distance, etc. Candidates have to practice daily for mathematics subject.
- You must have to keep a clear understanding of fundamental concepts of Chemistry is key to secure higher marks in the paper. Aspirants have to practice the previous year question papers of the Chemistry section which can make yourself prepared for examination.
- Candidates should start with their MET preparation with some important books as the exam has questions based on Class 12th syllabus.
- All the aspirants of MET 2022 are advised to clear out any confusion to understanding of the fundamentals of 10+2 Physics topics such Electronic Devices, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Units and Measurement etc.
FAQs for Best Books for MET 2022 Exam
Ans. This is totally based upon you.
Ans. You should focus on Mathematics, English, General Knowledge, Reasoning, and logical aptitude to prepare for MET. But mainly you have to focus on mathematics.
Ans. Yes, studying from the right helps in understanding the basics of the concept and scoring good marks. However, there are other preparation strategies to be followed for scoring more marks.
Ans. Studying from a book is indeed the best way to prepare for MET, but you have to solve the mock tests, Sample question papers also.
Ans. NCERT mathematics book is the best book for the mathematics section in MET.