Best Books for FDST 2022: The National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) will conduct the Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) 2022 on December 17, 2022. All the candidates should procure the minimum qualifying marks in the test in order to appear for a Viva-Voce examination. Almost all the questions in the exam asked are very specific and can be answered only if the student has a good knowledge of the subject. So, it is important to have a good preparation strategy. Aspirants can prepare using various resources and in various ways. However, the key aspect is referring to good books specifically designed for FDST preparation. This article provides the best books which can be referred to while preparing for FDST 2022.
Best Books for FDST 2022
All the candidates who have a primary dental qualification / PG Diploma / Post Graduate dental qualification awarded by any dental institute outside India and who want to register with any State Dental Council or of any other purpose as specified by the Dental Council of India are eligible for the test. Given below are some of the best books available in the market.
Book: Short Notes for Dental PG Entrance Examinations, Basic Sciences
- Author: Sandeep Goyal
- Publisher: CBS
- Description: Salient features of this book are: All important topics arranged in a systematic manner. Much of the information is given in tabular form for easy assimilation. A ready reckoner for fast revision. In it, the MCQs are included on every subject/topic for easy revision.
- Check Price
Book: All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam
- Author: Neeraj Wadhwan
- Publisher: Ace Achievers
- Description: This book specializes in covering all important topics related to dental exams. Candidates can refer to it to get a basic understanding of all the topics that are covered by the syllabus of FDST 2022. All the topics are well detailed and explained in the book.
- Check Price
Book: Dental Pulse
- Author: Dr. Sateesh Kumar
- Publisher: Dental Pulse Academy
- Description: This book is dedicated to training MDS aspirants to achieve their goals. It is specifically designed to provide the basic foundation for every topic related to Dental Science. It can be a good reference book for all the FDST aspirants.
- Check Price
The best books for each topic in the syllabus of FDST 2022 are as shown:
|Essentials of Dental Anatomy, Histology and Oral|
Physiology with Short Questions and Answers
|Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Check Price|
|Grossman’s Endodontic Practice||Check Price|
|Textbook Of Prosthodontics||Check Price|
|White And Pharoah’s Oral Radiology||Check Price|
|Textbook of Preventive and Community Dentistry Public Health Dentistry||Check Price|
FDST 2022 Exam Pattern
Even if a student has got the best resources to prepare for the FDST exam, a candidate can secure good marks only if he/she is aware of the exam pattern. The exam pattern covers all the details like the number of papers, duration of exam, mode of exam, cut-off score, etc. Check FDST 2022 exam pattern given here.
- There are 2 papers, Paper I and Paper II for the test.
- The exam is conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) in an online format.
- There are multiple-choice questions, with single correct choices.
- The question paper is only available in the English language.
- There are 100 questions in Paper I and 150 questions in Paper II.
- Candidates have 120 minutes to complete Paper I and 180 minutes to complete Paper II.
- Students receive one mark for each correct answer, and no marks are deducted for incorrect answers. There are no negative points. There is also no grace marking.
- The candidate has to score 50% in each paper individually to qualify for appearing in the viva‑voce examination.
- The Viva Voce Examination is of 50 Marks. The candidate has to separately score 50% in the viva-voce examination in order to qualify.
- There will be 2 examiners for the Viva-voce exam, one internal from examining university and one external from any other university.
Check the distribution of questions here:
FDST 2022 Preparation Tips
In order to ace FDST 2022, it is important to follow some of the preparation tips. Check the same given below.
- The syllabus is a very important aspect of every exam. Students must first read through the syllabus to get a good understanding of the topics asked and prepare accordingly.
- Candidates should make short notes to get a solid understanding of all the topics covered so far.
- Students should refer to good books which contain every topic in detail. This will help them get a very good basic foundation of the subject.
- There are many online classes available on sites such as YouTube which are conducted by subject experts and other experienced lecturers. The students can watch these videos in the case of any questions or doubts.
- Students should take online mock tests and solve sample papers to improve their speed and accuracy while attempting questions. Online mock examinations are also important since they familiarize the aspirants with the exam format and types of questions.
- After qualifying Paper I and Paper II, the candidates need to appear for Viva Voce. So, candidates need to practice well before attempting the exam. Students can prepare by speaking out the answers loudly and clearly.
FAQs on Best Books for FDST 2022
A. There are many books available in the market related to FDST. However, the students can refer to books that are designed according to the syllabus of FDST 2022.
A. The amazon links to all the books mentioned in the article have been given alongside. Students can also buy them from other online websites or visit bookshops to buy them.
A. The books can give a basic and clear idea of the topics. However, it is important to practice the questions by solving mock papers and previous year papers.