ATMA 2022 Exam Pattern – Candidates can check the ATMA exam pattern 2022 on its official website. It is the most important segment in the preparation process. Aspirants appearing in the ATMA 2022 must be aware of the syllabus. With the help of it, they can strategize and plan the schedule for the exam. ATMA is an online examination of 3 hours time duration. So, in this article, applicants can check complete details regarding the ATMA examination pattern, syllabus, etc. Therefore, go through the details carefully.
ATMA 2022 Exam Pattern
ATMA is a single-window test for admissions to various Post-Graduate Management Programs such as MBA, PGDM, MCA, MMS, etc. It is a National-Level Entrance Test recognized by AICTE and Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The test is designed to access the aptitude of the students for Higher Management Education and primarily consists of sections of verbal reasoning, and quantitive aptitude. So, the exam pattern of ATMA 2022 are as follows-
- The exam is conducted online across all states in India.
- A total of 180 questions are asked in the exam.
- The total time duration of the entrance test is 3 hours. Each section carries 30 minutes.
- There will be a total of 6 sections.
- The questions are asked in MCQ format.
- Aptitude Test is conducted to the assess the candidate’s ability towards various scenarios.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
Detailed Exam Pattern of ATMA 2022
MBA Aspirants can check the detailed exam scheme of the ATMA entrance test.
Mode of the exam
The exam will be conducted online. Candidates will be allotted computers to attempt the test. Candidates appearing for the test must go through the instructions carefully.
Total Number of Questions
A total of 180 questions are asked in the exam. Each section carries 30 questions. The questions are asked in multiple-choice format.
Time Duration and Marking Scheme
The total time duration of the exam is three hours. However, each section is of 30 minutes. Each question carries one mark, and there is a negative marking of -1 mark for every wrong answer.
Detailed Marking Scheme of ATMA 2022
|Sections||Number of questions||Time for each section|
|Analytical Reasoning Skill – I||30||30 Minutes|
|Analytical Reasoning Skill – II||30||30 Minutes|
|Verbal skills – I||30||30 Minutes|
|Verbal skills – II||30||30 Minutes|
|Quantitative skills – I||30||30 Minutes|
|Quantitative skills – II||30||30 Minutes|
|Total||180||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
ATMA Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for the Associations of the Indian Management Schools are as follows-
- Arrangement of letters
- Visual Reasoning
- Number Series
- Strike the Odd one out
- Blood Relations
- Statement– Conclusion
- Data Sufficiency
- Verbal Logic
Verbal Skills Syllabus
- Sentence completion
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Jumbled Sentences
- Word Meaning
- Reading Comprehension
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Surds and Indices
- Problems on ages
- Permutation and Combination
- Number System
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Ratio and Proportion
- Quadratic equations
- Time and Work
- Linear Equations
- LCM and HCF
- Trigonometry and functions
- Binomial Theorem
Best Books for ATMA 2022
Candidates can refer to the following table for the best books to prepare for ATMA 2022.
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal||Click here|
|How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis||Click here|
|Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal||Click here|
|The Person Guide to Quantitative Aptitude by Dinesh Khattar||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal||Click here|
|Verbal Reasoning by Bhupendra Kumar Singh||Click here|
Preparation Tips for ATMA 2022
Here are some tips and tricks that will help you to score well in the ATMA Entrance Test.
- Firstly, be thorough with the syllabus and exam pattern. Check the weightage and start priotising the topics that are difficult and lengthy.
- Try to practice the questions every day. Aspirants can find ATMA Mock tests and sample tests online and start practising that.
- Make notes of the important terms and formulas for quick revision. Highlight the points that are important as per the past question papers.
- Attempt online mock tests to improve the accuracy of attempting the questions.
- Solve previous year question papers. This will give you the idea of attempting
- Train yourself with some brain twisters to develop your approach towards solving a problem.
- Read Novels and Newspapers to increase your vocabulary.
- Practice reading comprehension to solve the questions within the time limit.
- Keep at least a month for revising the chapters.
- Last but not least go through the instructions of the exam, marking scheme etc.
ATMA 2022 Syllabus- Frequently Asked Questions
Answer- The Association of Indian Management Schools is the main conducting body.
Answer- The exam takes online with a time duration of 3 hours.
Answer- There is a total of six sections- Analytical Reasoning I and II, Verbal Skills I and II, and Quantitative Ability I and II.
Answer- Yes, there is a negative marking for incorrect answers.
Answer- Candidates will be provided a time of 30 minutes to complete one section.