Here are the ATMA 2021 syllabus, exam pattern, and other preparation resources for ATMA exam including the latest sample papers, books to prepare from. If you are an MBA aspirant appearing for the upcoming AIMS ATMA exam, then your starting point is knowing the ATMA syllabus 2021. The AIMS ATMA 2021 is a highly competitive exam. It is designed to assess verbal, analytical & reasoning, and quantitative skills of the aspirants. The exam is high stakes, in which toppers who secure around 99.98 – 99.97 % bag the best seats. To crack such an exam, candidates need to know everything about it, from pattern to the syllabus. Hence, we have provided you ATMA syllabus 2021, along with the exam pattern, books, sample papers here.
First of all, you should know what ATMA is. AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA) is a national level MBA entrance exam, which is recognized by Education Ministry and AICTE. Over 700+ participating institutes offer admission to their MBA, PGDM, MMS, and MCA program on the basis of ATMA.
ATMA Syllabus 2021
Now coming to the syllabus of ATMA 2021. The organizers of ATMA, that is AIMS, have not prescribed the following syllabus.
|1||Analytical Reasoning Skills – I|
|2||Analytical Reasoning Skills – II|
|3||Verbal Skills – I|
|4||Verbal Skills – II|
|5||Quantitative Skills – I|
|6||Quantitative Skills – II|
Ready for the exam? To appear in it, first of all you have to complete the ATMA Registration 2021.
AIMS has provided only the above detail on ATMA syllabus.
However candidates need specific topics to prepare. With this in mind, MBA gurus and mentors who guide students on MBA entrance exams such as CAT, ATMA and others, have looked into the past year papers and provided a list of topics from which questions are asked. Candidates can refer to this list below, as per exam analysis, to prepare for ATMA.
ATMA 2021 Syllabus for Verbal Skills (I & II)
- Verbal reasoning
- Statement agreement
- Fill in the blanks
- Contextual usage
- Jumbled sentences
- Correction of sentences
- Antonyms / synonyms
- Fill in the words / set of words
- One word substitute
- Sentence correction
- Other Grammar Concepts
ATMA 2021 Syllabus for Quantitative Skills (I & II)
- Rations and proportion
- Number system (even and odd numbers)
- Work and time
- HCF and LCM
- Age calculation
- Profit and loss
- Time and work
- In-equations quadratic and linear equation
- Geometric progression
- Time, speed, and distance
- SI & CI
ATMA 2021 Syllabus for Analytical Reasoning (I & II)
- Seating arrangements
- Strong argument and weak argument
- Multi dimensional arrangements
- Odd one out
- Blood relations
- Letter and number arrangements
- Data sufficiency
- Verbal logic
- Coding and decoding
- Statement true or false
– ATMA Official Free Mock Test –
AIMS has released free mock test for ATMA 2021 exam. It is available on the official website, atmaaims.com or from the link. You just need e-mail address and password to access it.
>>> Click Here for Official AIMS ATMA Mock Test 2021.
ATMA 2021 Exam Pattern
Currently, the official brochure for ATMA 2021 has not been released. However, candidates can check the exam pattern given below as specified on the official website.
ATMA is a computer-based test. It is an objective-type test which means, it consists of multiple-choice questions. The total duration of the test is 3 hours.
For each section, the candidates are given 30 minutes to complete the test. In total, there are 6 sections in the test. There is also negative marking in the test.
Marking scheme as per last year: For reference, the candidates can check the marking scheme of the last year given below.
- For each correct answer, 01 marks are given
- 0.25 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Duration of the Exam|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills – I||30||30 minutes|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills – II||30||30 minutes|
|Verbal Skills – I||30||30 minutes|
|Verbal Skills -II||30||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills – I||30||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills – II||30||30 minutes|
ATMA Exam Strategy and Cutoffs
ATMA Sample Paper 2021
For the preparation of the exam, it is important that candidates must solve the sample papers. By doing so, one gets to know about what type of questions in the exam. AIMS provides the sample papers for the candidates at its official website.
To get the sample papers for ATMA, the candidates have to follow below given steps:
- First of all, visit the official website, atmaaims.com.
- Next, go to the ATMA exam time table section and click on the ‘sample questions’ button.
- A window will open, from where you can download the sample papers. Click on the link of the sample papers and save them.
Click here to get ATMA Sample Paper
Some Preparation Tips for ATMA 2021
Check the preparation tips given below for ATMA 2021.
- First of all, analyze the syllabus and exam pattern before starting with the preparation.
- Make a time table and write down all the topics that have to be studied.
- Solve the previous year question papers to know what type of questions were there in the past years examination.
- Practice the sample papers to know about how the preparation is going on. Solve more sample papers when the exam is just around the corner.
- While solving the sample papers or previous year question papers, keep in mind that there is a sectional limit of 30 minutes. In other words, you have to complete a section in 30 minutes. So, manage your time accordingly.
- As there is negative marking in the exam, it is better to leave the question in which you are not sure of the answer. Avoid guesswork.
- For the comprehension passages, read the questions first.
- Read the newspapers to increase the vocabulary.
- Take the mock tests so as to know how the examination is held. Analyze your performance after solving each mock test.
- For the Quants section, learn the formulas and shortcuts to solve the questions.
Books Recommended to Prepare for ATMA 2021
Given below are some books that can be referred by the candidates to prepare for ATMA 2021.
For Verbal Ability
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy Here|
|Objective General English||Buy Here|
For Quantitative Skills
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Buy Here|
|Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||Buy Here|
For Analytical Reasoning Skills
|Analytical Reasoning Session by MK Panday||Buy Here|
|A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal||Buy Here|
|Shortcuts in Reasoning (Verbal, Non-Verbal, Analytical & Critical) for Competitive Exams||Buy Here|
About ATMA 2021
AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA) is a national level computer-based examination. It is held for the admission in MBA / PGDM / MMS / MCA programmes. The test is recognized by MHRD and AICTE. More than 200+ colleges accept the scores of ATMA.
The exam is conducted by Associations of Indian Management Schools (AIMA). There are 6 sections in the test. The validity of ATMA score is for one year only. After qualifying the online test, the candidates have to go through the other admission processes such as Group Discussion and Personal Interview for the final admission.