AP PGLCET 2021 – Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu will conduct Andhra Pradesh Post-Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (AP PGLCET) on behalf of APSCHE. AP PGLCET is conducted for admission into 2 year LLM course. The test is conducted once a year. The candidates who have completed their LLB / BL degree with minimum 50% marks can apply for AP PGLCET 2021. The exam is held as a computer-based test. The duration of the test is 90 minutes. There are two parts in the test. Check more information about AP PGLCET 2021 from this page such as application process, exam pattern, qualifying marks etc.
AP PGLCET 2021
The selection of the candidates and the allotment of colleges is done on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates in AP PGLCET and other necessary conditions. Note that, only appearing in AP PGLCET 2021 does not guarantee admission. To take admission, the candidates must satisfy all the eligibility requirements and general admission rules. Check the important dates for AP PGLCET 2021 from below.
|AP PGLCET 2021||Important Dates|
|Notification of AP PGLCET 2021||2nd week of Mar 2021|
|Commenecment of registration||2nd week of Mar 2021|
|Last date to submit without late fee||2nd week of Apr 2021|
|Submission of application form with late fee of Rs 500||3rd week of Apr 2021|
|Submission of application form with late fee of Rs 1000||4th week of Apr 2021|
|Submission of application form with late fee of Rs 2000||4th week of Apr 2021|
|Application form correction||to be announced|
|Availability of hall ticket||1st week of May 2021|
|Exam date||1st / 2nd week of May 2021|
|Release of question paper and answer key||2nd week of May 2021|
|Submissions of objections||2nd week of May 2021|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of May 2021|
AP PGLCET 2021 Exam Date
AP PGLCET 2021 is expected to be conducted in the 1st or 2nd week of May 2021. Last year, the exam was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check the previous year exam dates given below.
|2020||01 Oct 2020|
|2019||06 May 2019|
|2018||19 Apr 2018|
AP PGLCET 2021 Syllabus
The official authority prescribes the syllabus for AP PGLCET online. Check the syllabus for AP PGLCET 2021 given below.
Schools of Jurisprudence
- Sources of Law
- Custom Precedent and Legislation
- Rights and Duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
Constitutional Law (Nature of the Constitution)
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Emergency Provisions
- Executive, Legislative and Judis]ciary
- Centre-State Relations
- Emergency Provisions
- Amendments to the Constitution
Public International Law
- International and Municipal Law
- State Territory
- Air, Sea and Outer Space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Jurisdiction
- Unites Nations
- General Principles of Contracts (Section 1-75, Contract Act -1872)
- Trade Union Act 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
Crimes and Torts
- Crimes: Indian Penal Code – General Principles, General Exceptions
- Torts: General Principles of Torts, Joint Liability, Defences
IPR and Other Laws
- Copy Right Act 1957
- Patents Act 2005
- Environmental Protection Act 1986
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act 1993
- Salient Features of Information Technology Act 2000
- Right to Information Act 2005
AP PGLCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check AP PGLCET 2021 exam pattern given below.
Medium of question paper: AP PGLCET question paper is available in English only
Duration: The duration of the test is 90 minutes
Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
No. of questions: The test consists of 120 MCQs in total
Parts: There are 2 parts in the test
Marking scheme: Each question carries 01 mark
Distribution of questions
|B||Public International Law|
Crimes & Torts
IPR & Other Laws
Preparation Tips for AP PGLCET 2021
Given below are some preparation tips for AP PGLCET 2021.
- First of all, check the exam pattern and syllabus for the examination. Check all the topics from which questions are framed in the exam.
- Next, make a time table for the preparation. Include all the topics that have to be covered and studied. Start by mentioning the monthly targets. In this time table, also mention the day to day activities that have to be done.
- Refer good books for the preparation. Since, the syllabus of AP PGLCET covers the topics that candidates must have studied in their previous qualifying examination, the books of the previous degree can also be referred to have clarity about the concepts.
- Practice previous year question papers. By solving the previous year question papers, you will get to know the pattern of exam, type of questions that have been coming since many years.
- Give mock tests to know how the preparation is going on. Analyze your performance after giving the mock test and then work on the weak areas.
- Get a strong hold of Legal Aptitude concepts.
- Revision is the most important tip to clear the exam. Make a habit of revising the topics that you study on a daily basis.
Books Recommended to Prepare for AP PGLCET 2021
Check the books given below to prepare for AP PGLCET 2021.
|Universal’s Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination, |
Including Previous Years Solved Papers
|S.S. Handbook for LLM Entrance Exam (Based on New Syllabus)||Buy Here|
|Singhal’s Solved Papers of LLM Entrance Test||Buy Here|
|Guide to LLM Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
AP PGLCET Previous Year Question Papers
Check the previous year question papers of AP PGLCET given below.
|2020||Download from here|
|2019||Download from here|
|2017||Download from here|
|2016||Download from here|
|2014||Download from here|
AP PGLCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for AP PGLCET 2021.
Nationality and Domcile:
- The candidates must be an Indian national.
- The candidates must meet the local / non-local status requirement as specified by Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutes.
- To apply for this course, the candidates must have a LLB / BL degree.
- Also, the candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% for BC / SC / ST).
AP PGLCET 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill AP PGLCET 2021 application form at sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET. The application process is given below.
- The candidates have to first pay the application fee.
- Next, check the payment status.
- Then, login by entering the payment reference id, qualifying exam hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth and start filling the application form.
- Next, enter the personal details, contact details, qualifying exam details, test centre preferences etc.
- Then, upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature.
- Lastly, submit the form and take the printout of it for future reference.
Application Fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 850 (last year’s amount). The application fee can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking or by cash at AP Online centre.
AP PGLCET 2021 Hall Ticket
The candidates can download AP PGLCET 2021 hall ticket from sche.ap.gov.in/lawcet. Check other points related to hall ticket given below.
- To download AP PGLCET 2021 hall ticket, the candidates have to enter their registration number or mobile number, qualifying examination hall ticket number, and date of birth.
- It is necessary to carry the hall ticket to the exam centre as without it one cannot take entry inside the examination hall.
- The candidates must preserve the hall ticket till the end of admission process.
- Important details regarding the exam are printed on AP PGLCET hall ticket such as roll number, date and timings of the exam, address of the exam centre, general instructions for the exam etc.
- Along with the printed copy of the admit card, the candidates are required to take a valid id proof as well to the exam centre.
AP PGLCET 2021 Exam Centres
Check the list of the AP PGLCET 2021 exam centres given below.
Exam centres given below are as per last year’s information
|AP PGLCET 2021 Exam Centres|
Important Instructions for AP PGLCET 2021
In the last year, COVID-19 guidelines as stated by the Government of India were followed to conduct the examination. So, the below given instructions are in reference to that:
- Report to the exam centre as per the scheduled time only. Late entry into the examination hall is not permitted.
- The candidates need to maintain a distance from one another at the examination hall.
- Wear masks at all times.
- At the entry of the exam, the temperature of the candidates is checked. Those who have a temperature above 99.14 degree shall have to sit in separate isolation labs.
- On entering the lab, capturing of photographs will be done. Maintain an eye level with the webcam to get a clear capture of the face.
- The candidates must wash their hands before entering the examination lab.
- The room number shall be intimated to the candidates at the entry point after showing the admit card.
- The candidates can carry a mask, gloves, personal hand sanitizer, a simple pen.
- The candidates must sit at that terminal only where their roll number is mentioned.
- Once the exam is over, the candidates must move in an orderly socially distanced manner.
- The candidates must drop the admit card at the time of exit in the dropbox.
- A rough sheet shall be provided at the exam centre. These rough sheets have to be returned once the exam is over.
- The candidates can leave the exam hall only when the invigilator allows them to.
AP PGLCET 2021 Answer Key
Once the examination is over, the answer key for AP PGLCET is released. It is released in the pdf format. The candidates can use the answer key to calculate the scores.
The candidates are given a chance to raise objections against the preliminary AP PGLCET answer key if there are any errors in it. To submit the objections, the candidates have to submit them in the proper format via mail to email@example.com. Mention the details as below while submitting the objections:
- Serial number
- Hall ticket number
- Subject name
- Answer to the question as mentioned in the answer key
- Suggested answer
- Justification along with page number of the book and edition
Once the errors are reviewed, the official authority releases the final answer key along with the result. No objections can be submitted against the final answer key.
AP PGLCET 2021 Question Paper
- The candidates can download AP PGLCET 2021 question paper from sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET
- The question paper is released along with the answer key
- AP PGLCET question paper is released in the pdf format
- The candidates can use the question paper and answer key to calculate the scores
AP PGLCET 2021 Response Sheet
After the conduct of the exam, the response sheet for AP PGLCET also releases on the official website only. A response sheet displays the answers that the candidates marked during the examination. To download AP PGLCET 2021 response sheet, the candidates have to enter their registration number and AP PGLCET hall ticket number.
By using the response sheet and AP PGLCET answer key, the candidates can cross-check the correct answers and calculate the scores.
AP PGLCET 2021 Qualifying Marks
According to the exam conducting body, all the candidates who appear for AP PGLCET must obtain the minimum marks in order to qualify the exam. In order to qualify AP PGLCET 2021, the candidates need to get following marks:
|Particulars||Min percentage||Min marks|
|AP PGLCET min marks||25%||30 marks out of 120|
Note: There are no minimum qualifying marks for SC and ST candidates.
AP PGLCET 2021 Result
AP PGLCET result is announced online only at sche.ap.gov.in/lawcet. Check the important points of AP PGLCET 2021 result from below.
- The candidates can check AP PGLCET 2021 result by entering the registration number and PGLCET hall ticket number.
- The candidates are ranked according to the total marks secured in the entrance test.
- The evaluation of the scores is done in such a way that there shall be no need for re-checking, scrutiny, tabulation and ranking.
AP PGLCET 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
If in case two or more candidates secure same marks, the following tie-breaking criteria is followed:
- First of all, the marks in Part A is considered to award the rank
- If there is still a tie, the age of the candidates is considered and the older candidate is given preference
About Sri Krishnadevaraya University
It is a public university situated in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. It was established in the year 1981. The university has been named after a patron of learning and the Arts, Sri Krishnadevaraya of the Vijayanagara empire. The university offers UG, PG, M.Phil and Ph.D courses. It is affiliated with UGC. It also has central library, computer centre, health centre, gym, hostel facility etc
Official Website: sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET
AP PGLCET – 2021
Department of Law
Anantapuramu – 515003
Off – 08554-255345 (10.00 AM to 5.00 PM)
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about AP PGLCT 2021, check previous year Information Brorchure.
Frequently Asked Questions on AP PGLCET 2021
Ans. Yes, you can apply for AP PGLCET 2021.
Ans. AP PGLCET is conducted on the online mode. It is a computer-based test.
Ans. No, you cannot apply for AP PGLCET 2021 via offline mode.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in AP PGLCET.
Ans. The test consists of multiple-choice questions.
Ans. You need to get minimum 25% of the total marks which means, a minimum 30 marks out of 120 is required.
Ans. The candidates are ranked according to the total marks secured in AP PGLCET.
Ans. No, admit card will be released only via online mode.
Ans. No, there are no minimum qualifying marks for SC / ST candidates.