AP LAWCET 2021: Sri Krishnadevaraya University, on behalf of APSCHE will conduct Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test (AP LAWCET) for admission into 3 year / 5 year LLB course for session 2021-22. The candidates who have completed 10+2 are eligible for this law entrance exam. The test is online and comprises of 120 multiple-choice questions. AP LAWCET is designed to evaluate the candidate’s General Knowledge and Mental Ability, Current Affairs and Aptitude to pursue law. Candidates are required to obtain the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the official authority to take admission in the law colleges of Andhra Pradesh. Check more information about AP LAWCET 2021 from this page such as application process, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility etc.
AP LAWCET 2021
Notification with exam date, application form dates are expected to be announced in March. Check AP LAWCET 2021 application form for more details.
AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Date
It is expected that AP LAWCET will be conducted in the 1st or 2nd week of May 2021. Last year, the exam was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, in usual circumstances it is held in the month of April or May.
Check the anticipated dates of AP LAWCET 2021 given below.
|AP LAWCET 2021||Dates|
|AP LAWCET 2021 Notification||2nd week of March 2021|
|Commencement of registration||2nd week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit application form without late fee||2nd week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee||to be announced|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of May 2021|
|Exam date||May 2021|
|Availability of answer key||May 2021|
|Objections against provisional answer key||to be announced|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of May 2021|
You can check the exam date for AP LAWET 2021 in previous years from below.
|2020||01st Oct 2020|
|2019||06th May 2019|
|2018||19 Apr 2018|
AP LAWCET 2021 Syllabus
Check here the topic-wise syllabus given below for AP LAWCET 2021.
- Landmark Judgments
- Important Acts
- International Court of Justice
- Legal Terms and Maxims
- Conjugal Right
- Legal Acts (Regulating Acts, 1773; Pits India Act, 1784; Charter Acts, Council Acts, Bengal Partition (1905), Muslim League (1906)
- Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
- IPC Sections
- Indian Constitution (Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles, President Powers)
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Blood Relation
- General Science
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- World War
- Current Indian Cheif Ministers, Governors
- National Events
- About AP High Court
- Facts about Andhra Pradesh
- International News
- Important Organizations in India
- International Organizations
- Books & Authors
- About Current Law Minister
Books to Prepare for AP LAWCET 2021
The candidates can refer the books given below to prepare for AP LAWCET 2021.
|Current Affairs Yearly 2021||Buy Here|
|Guide to LL.B. Entrance Examination 2020-21||Buy Here|
|LAW CET [ ENGLISH MEDIUM ]||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning 2020||Buy Here|
|LAW CET [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]||Buy Here|
|Self Study Guide For LLB Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
Some Preparation Tips for AP LAWCET 2021
The candidates can follow the preparations tips given below to prepare for AP LAWCET 2021.
Prepare a study plan: Before startibg with the preparation, go through the syllabus and devise a study plan. Decide how many hours you have to devote on a certain topic.
Get in the habit of reading: To improve your general knowledge, read the newspapers daily. Pick good newspaper dailies and read and mark the important events. Focus on the legal latest happenings.
Make short notes: While preparing make short notes. Mention the important event in the notes and write the important points related to it.
Practice previous year question papers: It is advised to practice the previous year question papers to know the difficulty level of questions, type of questions asked in the exam in previous years and so on.
AP LAWCET 2021 Application Form
AP LAWCET application form can be filled online only. There are 4 steps involved to complete the application process of AP LAWCET.
1st step: Pay the application fee: The candidates are required to pay the application fee first. Before the payment, the candidates have to enter their name, qualifying exam hall ticket number, date of birth, mobile number, email id etc.
2nd step: Know the payment status: Once the application fee is paid, check the transaction status. To check the payment status, enter the qualifying exam hall ticket number and mobile number.
3rd step: Fill the application form and Upload the images: After checking the payment status, enter the candidate’s details, address details, educational qualification, category details etc. Next, upload the images in the required format.
4th step: Take a printout of the submitted form: Once all the details have been entered, review the application form and modify the details if needed. If modification is not needed, save the details and take a printout of the submitted application form.
Application Fee: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking / Cash at online AP Centres.
The amount given below is according to the last year’s details
|3 year / 5 year LLB course||Rs 750|
Note: The application form is liable to get cancelled if the eligibility conditions are not met, the form is incomplete or the information provided in it is false. So, enter the details carefully in AP LAWCET 2021 application form.
AP LAWCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for 3 year / 5 year LLB program must be citizen of India. Check other AP LAWCET 2021 eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidates must satisfy the local and non-local status requirement as mentioned by the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
For 3 year LLB course
- The candidate must have completed his graduation from any recognised university.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum percentage of 45% marks in his graduation course.
- If the candidates fail to secure 45% marks in the Bachelor programme then he must have secured a PG course with 45% marks.
For 5 year LLB course
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 with 45% marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the university concerned or the Board of Intermediate Education, AP.
Note: 5% relaxation is given in the above qualifying examination to the candidates belonging to SC / ST category. A total relaxation of 3% is given to the candidates belonging to Other Backward Class.
In short, this the minimum marks needed to pursue 3 year / 5 year LLB programme.
|Course||OC Candidate||BC Candidate||SC/ST candidate|
|3 year LLB||The candidate must have obtained 45% marks in the Bachelor Degree.||The candidate must have obtained 42% marks in the Bachelor Degree.||The candidate must have obtained 40% marks in the Bachelor Degree|
|5 year LLB||The candidate must have obtained 45% marks in the class 12th exam.||The candidate must have obtained 45% marks in the class 12th exam.||The candidate must have obtained 45% marks in the class 12th exam.|
AP LAWCET 2021 Application Form Correction
The candidates can correct the details in their submitted AP LAWCET 2021 application form online at sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET. To correct the details, the candidates are given some days to correct them. The official authority divides the form correction facility into 2 categories.
- Category 1 means details cannot be edited. However, the candidates can submit the written requests to the Convener via email and with the scanned documents of the details that have to be modified.
- Category 2 is for those details that can be edited online through AP LAWCET 2021 form correction window.
- AP LAWCET 2021 branch change
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Photograph and signature of the candidates
- Qualifying hall ticket number
- Qualifying exam
- Qualifying exam year of passing / appearing
- Medium of instruction of qualifying exam
- Place of study
- Mother’s name
- Birth state
- Birth district
- Mobile number
- Special category
- Local area status
- Non-Minority / Minority
- Annual income of the parents
- Study details
- SSC hall ticket number
- Address for correspondence
- Email id
- Aadhar card details
AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Pattern
AP LAWCET is an entrance examination that is conducted in the online mode. Check the exam pattern given below for AP LAWCET 2021.
- There are 3 parts in the entrance exam
- The medium of AP LAWCET is English and Telugu
- The duration of the LAWCET examination is 90 minutes
- There are 120 questions in the test
- Each question is of 01 mark
Distribution of questions
|Sections||No. of questions|
|General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30|
|Aptitude for study of law||60|
AP LAWCET 2021 Hall Ticket
The candidates can download AP LAWCET 2021 hall ticket from sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET. To download the hall ticket, the candidates have to enter the following details:
- Registration number or mobile number
- Qualifying exam hall ticket number
- Date of birth
Details like exam date, timings of the exam, address of teh exam centre etc are mentioned on AP LAWCET hall ticket. It is necessary to carry the printed copy of the admit card and a valid id card to the exam centre. Also, it is advised to the candidates to preserve the hall ticket till the end of the admission process.
AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Centres
The Convener reserves the right to allot the candidates any other exam centre as chosen by them under unavoidable circumstances. Check the list of the exam centres given below.
Important Instructions for AP LAWCET 2021
Last year, a new set of instructions were issued which were in accordance with the socially-distanced model made for conducting the examination. Some of the instructions that have be followed are:
- The candidates are required to reach the exam centre on time. The candidates shall not be allowed to enter in the test centre after the scheduled time.
- The candidates need to maintain safe distance from each other in the exam hall.
- Mask need to be worn by the candidates at all the time.
- The temperture shall be checked at entry. Those with temperatures above 99.14 F have to sit in the isolation lab.
- Before proceeding to the exam lab, the candidates must wash their hands properly.
- The lab numbers are informed to the candidates at the time of checking of their admit cards.
- The items like personal hand sanitizer (50 ml), personal water bottle, a simple pen can be taken inside the exam centre.
- After the completion of the exam, the candidates are allowed to move out of the exam hall in an orderly manner.
- The candidates shall be provided the rough sheet before the exam and this has to be submitted back to the authorities once the exam is over.
- The candidate’s photograph shall be taken on entering the lab. During the phot capture process, the candidates must maintain eye contact for clear capture of the face.
- The candidates must sit at the systems where their roll number is mentioned.
- Listen to all the instructions of the invigilator carefully. The candidates can leave the exam centre only when invigilator allows them so.
AP LAWCET 2021 Qualifying Marks
There are no minimum qualifying marks for the candidates belonging to SC and ST category. Given below are the qualifying marks for other categories.
|Particulars||Percentage & Marks|
|Minimum percentage needed||35%|
|Minimum marks needed||42 marks out of 120|
AP LAWCET 2021 Answer Key
The answer keys for 3 year LLB / 5 year LLB programme is released online few days after the conduct of the exam. The answer keys are released in the PDF format.
- The answer keys are released along with the question paper.
- The candidates can use the answer key and cross-check the answers and thereby have a clarity about their probable scores.
- The candidates can challenge the provisional answer key if they find any error in it. The objections have to be sent in the proper format specified by the the official authority.
- These objections have to be sent on the official id of the Convener.
- The final answer key are published along with the result and no challenges against the final answer key are accepted.
AP LAWCET 2021 Response Sheet
Once the exam has been conducted, the official authority releases the response sheet. The candidates can download their response sheet online from sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET. The response sheet basically specifies the answers that candidates have marked during the examination.
To download AP LAWCET 2021 response sheet, the candidates need to enter the AP LAWCET 2021 registration number and hall ticket number. The candidates can use the response sheet and answer key together to have a clear estimate about the scores.
AP LAWCET 2021 Result
AP LAWCET result is announced online at the official website, sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET. The candidates can check AP LAWCET 2021 result by logging in with the registration number and LAWCET hall ticket number.
- Note that, there is no provision of re-totalling or revaluation of AP LAWCET result.
- The candidates are ranked in the order of merit based on the marks obtained in AP LAWCET.
AP LAWCET 2021 Rank Card: Few days after the declaration of the result, the rank card for AP LAWCET is released. To download the rank card, the candidates can enter the LAWCET hall ticket number, registration number and date of birth.
AP LAWCET 2021 Counselling
The candidates who qualify AP LAWCET are required to take part in the web-based counselling. Check the counselling process given below.
- The candidates have to first get their documents verified at helpline centres.
- After the verification, the candidate’s login online and pay the processing fee.
- Next, options for the colleges have to be submitted by the candidates.
- Lastly, the seat allotment is done.
About Sri Krishnadevaraya University
Sri Krishnadevaraya University is a public university situated in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. It was founded in the year 1981. It is affliated with UGC.
The university is named after a patron of learning and the arts, Sri Krishnadevaraya of the Vijayanagara empire. The university offers UG, PG, Ph.D and M.Phil courses.
Official Website: sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET
AP LAWCET / AP PGLCET – 2021
Department of Law
Anantapuramu – 515003
Lawcet Office Working Hours:
10:00AM to 5:00PM
Off – 08554-255345
Frequently Asked Questions on AP LAWCET 2021
Ans. Through AP LAWCET 2021, you can take admission in 3 year / 5 year LLB course.
Ans. AP LAWCET 2021 us held online. It is a computer-based test.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the exam.
Ans. For 5 year LLB, the questions according to Intermediate level is asked. In case of 3 year LLB, the standard questions of degree level are asked.
Ans. No, the application form can be filled and submitted via online mode only.
Ans. No, the admit card will not be sent via post. It is released online only.
Ans. The selection of the candidates is done according to the rank obtained by them in AP LAWCET and other rules of admission.
Ans. No, there is no provision of re-checking of the result.