AP ICET 2021 Syllabus – Check here the complete syllabus of AP ICET exam. Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test is conducted for MBA, MCA admissions in the state. SVU organizes the exam on behalf of APSCHE. The AP ICET syllabus is prescribed by the exam conducting body and provided in the instruction booklet. All candidates who will appear in the exam must refer to the syllabus, exam pattern before taking the test. Complete details of AP ICET syllabus 2021, exam pattern, books for preparation are presented here.
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus
Here is the syllabus content of the test. Note – Syllabus for AP ICET 2021 is yet to be published. The expected syllabus as per last year is given here for reference.
Section A: Analytical Ability – Syllabus
1. Data Sufficiency: A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labelled as (i) and (ii ). If the data given in (i) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in (ii) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. And if both (i) and (ii) put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer
2. Problem Solving
a)Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
b) Data Analysis: The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
c) Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation
Section B: Mathematical Ability – Syllabus
- Arithmetical Ability Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms. Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances,Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions;Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices,Notion of a limit and derivative;Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
- Statistical Ability: Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section C: Communication Ability – Syllabus
Objectives of the Test: Candidates will be assessed on the ability to:
- Identify vocabulary used in day-to-day communication.
- Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts.
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences. Part 1: Vocabulary Part 2: Business and Computer terminology Part 3: Functional Grammar Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
AP ICET Exam Pattern 2021
The key aspects of the AP ICET 2021 exam are:
- Mode Of The Exam: Exam will take place in online mode.
- Total No. Of Questions: Question paper consisted of 200 questions.
- Exam duration: Exam will take place for 2 hr 30 min.
- Language Mode: English and Telugu.
- Marking Scheme: Correct response holds 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
|Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks|
The detailed pattern is as follows:
|Details||No. of Questions|
|Sections A (Analytical Ability)|
|Sections B (Mathematical Ability)|
|Algebra and geometrical Ability||30|
|Section C (Communication Ability)|
|Business and Computer Technology||10|
Check The Marking Scheme:
|1 mark for each correct answer||No negative marking||No marks for no attempt.|
Books For Preparation
Candidates always search for the best books for the preparation. If someone wants to score high in the exam then check out the books as per the section.
|Recommended books for Section A||Logical and Analytical Reasoning by AK Gupta||Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning For Management Entrance Test by Peeyush Bhardwaj||Verbal and Non – Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal||–|
|Recommended books for Section B||Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Arihant||Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT by Sarvesh K Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exam by RS Agarwal||Objective Mathematical by RD Sharma||Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exam by RK Tyagi|
|Recommended books for Section C||Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Objective General English by SP Bakshi|
|Grammar Error Spot by A Upadhyay||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by RS Agarwal||Proficiency In Reading Comprehension Simplifying The Passage For You by Ajay Singh|
|Model Papers for AP ICET||ICET Study Package by Annapurna Expert||ICET Model Papers by Vikram Editorial Board|
|ICET For MBA solved papers by Kiran Prakash||–||–|
AP ICET 2021 Preparation Tips
To crack any exam and to score high, one should always focus on their preparation level. Here are the few tips to enhance the preparation level.
- Have the better understanding of the AP ICET 2021 syllabus and exam pattern as it helps you to formulate the correct AP ICET 2021 preparation strategy.
- Sitting up for long hours will not help you to crack the exam. Hence divide your study hours and have a break in between to refresh your mind.
- Always keep the syllabus in front of you while studying topics and concepts. This will keep reminding of how many sections you have covered and how many are left to do so.
- Make the practice of making notes. This not only helps in building faster memory but also useful for the revision purpose.
- Highlight the important topics and revise on a daily basis.
- Segregate the 24 hrs in such a day that each subject gets equal preference. But focus more on the weaker zone.
- After the revision, always go for the AP ICET mock test. As it will give the real feeling of the exam and helps the candidates to analyse their preparation.
- Solve previous years paper to be well acquainted with the types of questions asked in the exam.
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus FAQs
Ans. There are a total 200 questions in the AP ICET exam.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in it.
Ans. There are a total 3 sections from which the questions are asked in the exam i.e Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability.
Ans. Look into the list given in the article. Review the books, author and publishers before purchasing the books.
Engineering Entrance Exam Application Tracker
|23-Jan-2021||JEE Main||Apply Now!!|
|15-Mar-2021||Manipal Entrance||Apply Now!!|
|Apr-2021||NIIT University||Apply Now!!|