AP EdCET 2021 – Andhra University will release AP EDCET 2021 exam date, application form, notification soon. AU will conduct Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test (AP EdCET) on behalf of APSCHE. AP EDCET 2021 is the state level education entrance exam 2021 for admission in B.Ed course. Eligible and interested candidates who have passed Graduation / Post-Graduation / 5 year integrated course with minimum 50% marks can apply AP EdCET exam. Candidates who qualify the entrance test are offered admission in the University, Government, Aided and Private colleges of education in Andhra Pradesh. Check more information about AP EdCET 2021 from this page such as exam pattern, eligibility, syllabus etc.
AP EdCET 2021
Last year, 15,658 students appeared for AP EdCET. Out of which, 9,988 girls registered for the exam.
Overview of AP EdCET 2021
Check the overview of AP EdCET 2021 given below.
|Exam Name||AP EdCET|
|Full name of the exam||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Andhra University Visakhapatnam|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Medium of the entrance test||English and Telugu except of English methodology|
Candidates opting for Urdu medium will get Urdu paper
|Academic Qualification||Must have completed Bachelor’s / Post Graduate degree|
AP EdCET 2021 Exam Dates
The official schedule for AP EdCET 2021 is expected to be announced in due course of time. Till then, the candidates can check the expected AP EdCET 2021 schedule.
|AP EdCET 2021||Dates|
|Notification to be out by||to be announced|
|Start of the application form||to be announced|
|Last date to submit the form||Jun 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee||Sep 2021|
|Application form corrections can be done from||Jul 2021|
|Availability of hall ticket||4th week of Sep 2021|
|Exam date||to be announced|
|Availability of answer key||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||to be announced|
Last year, the exam was delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic and was held in October. However, usually it is held in April or May. The exam date for AP EdCET 2021 will depend on the release of the application form and notice.
If the notice is release in April then the exam might be held in May. But if the notice releases is May then the exam might be held later on.
AP EdCET 2021 Application Form
Andhra University will soon release AP EDCET 2021 application form.
The candidates can fill AP EdCET 2021 application form at sche.ap.gov.in/edcet. The application process is completely online. Make sure that the application form is complete at the time of submission as the Convener of the exam committee can reject the form if its incomplete or if the information entered in the form is incorrect.
How to apply? – The steps to apply for AP EdCET 2021 application form are as follows.
- Fee payment – Fill all the mandatory details like name, qualifying exam hall ticket number, date of birth etc and then select the mode of payment to pay the fee.
- Know the payment status: After the payment of the application fee, check the payment status to check whether the fee has been paid or not.
- Fill the application form: Next, enter the candidate’s details, address details, qualifying exam details.
- Enter details of the entrance test and upload the images: Then, enter the details of the common entrance test. After entering the details, upload the images of photograph and signature.
- Preview the form and take its printout: After entering all the details, check all the details mentioned in it. After cross-checking, take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Application Fee: (Amount as per last year)
|SC / ST||Rs 400|
Mode of payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking or through cash at AP Online Centres.
AP EdCET 2021 Exam Pattern
As per last year, the exam pattern of AP EdCET is as follows:
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Type of questions: The test comprises multiple-choice questions
- No. of questions: There are 150 questions in the test
- Medium of the question paper: The question paper shall be available in English and Telugu except English methodology. However, the candidates opting for Urdu medium will get question paper in Urdu.
- Parts: There are 3 parts in the entrance test
Distribution of questions
|Parts||Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
|B||General Knowledge |
The candidates have to choose one subject from the Methodology.
AP EdCET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus given below is according to the last year’s details. The new syllabus shall be updated here once the notification for this year is out.
Part A: General English
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences
- Transformation of Sentences: Simple, Compound and Complex
- Direct and Indirect Speech
Part B: General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
- Questions are asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the environment around him and its application to society
- Questions are framed on current events and matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific outlook
- Questions relating to India and its neigboring countries pertaining to Culture, History, Geography, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research
- In teaching aptitude, the candidate’s ability to communicate, ability to deal with children, ability to recognize individual differences, analytical thinking skills, general intelligence are tested
Part C – Syllabus shall be of Graduation level
- Physical Science (Physics and Chemistry)
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)
- Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics)
For English, the questions shall be asked from
a) Syllabus pertaining to class 8, 9 and 10, 11, 12
- Language Functions
- Elements of Phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs (Idioms)
- Writing Skills
- Study Skills
- Reference Skills
b) Syllabus prescribed for Optional English at BA degree level (BA Special English / Modern Literataure syllabus in English)
Recommended Books for AP EdCET 2021
Given below are some books that can be referred to prepare for AP EdCET 2021.
|Delhi University B.Ed. Joint Entrance Exam 2021||Check Price Here|
|B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)||Check Price Here|
|Objective General English||Check Price Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Check Price Here|
|Teaching Aptitude & Teaching Attitude||Check Price Here|
AP EdCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AP EdCET 2021, the candidates must fulfill the eligibility conditions given below.
- The candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- The candidates must satisfy the local / non-local status requirements as specified by Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions
- The candidates must be of 19 years as on the 1st July of the academic year. There is no maximum age limit.
- The candidates should have passed / appearing in the final year examinations of BA / B.Sc / B.Sc (Home Science) / B.Com / BCA / BBM.
- The candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s degree or PG degree in the relevant subject or 5 years integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology or any other qualification as equivalent.
- The candidates belonging to all the reserved categories like SC / ST / BC (A/B/C/D/E) and Physically Handicapped must secure 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The candidates who have passed B.E / B.Tech with minimum 55% marks with Mathematics and Physics are also eligible for admission in the course.
|Mathematics||BA / B.Sc with Maths as one of the group subjects or BCA|
Candidates with Maths at intermediate level as a group subject or B.Tech with
Maths & Physics
|Physical Sciences||B.Sc who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under |
Part II group subjects or BCA.
Candidates with Physical Sciences at intermediate level as group subjects
|Biological Sciences||B.Sc / B.Sc (Home Sciences) who have studied Biology and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part II group subjects or BCA|
Candidates with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subjects
|Social Studies||BA / B.Com / BBM / BCA candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subjects|
|English||BA Special English or MA English|
AP EdCET 2021 Hall Ticket
Andhra University will release AP EDCET 2021 hall ticket before exam.
AP EdCET 2021 hall ticket can be downloaded from sche.ap.gov.in/edcet. To download the hall ticket, the candidates have to enter their registration number / mobile number, qualifying exam hall ticket number and date of birth.
- AP EdCET hall ticket specifies the details like exam timings, reporting time, address of the exam centre etc.
- The candidates have to preserve the admit card till the time of entry in the course.
- On the day of the examination, the candidates have to carry valid id proof, a personal hand sanitizer, a transparent water bottle, a simple pen etc.
AP EdCET 2021 Exam Centre
Last year, AP EdCET 2021 took place at the following exam centres.
AP EdCET 2021 Answer Key
Candidates can check AP EDCET 2021 answer key after exam.
After the exam is over, Andhra University releases AP EdCET answer key at sche.ap.gov.in/edcet. The answer keys are released along with the question papers. The candidates can use the answer to get an estimate about the scores.
If the candidates find any error in the preliminary answer key, then they can submit the objections in the proper format via mail to the official authority. The candidates have to mention the details like question id, brief description of the question, details of objection etc. Later,a final answer key is published.
AP EdCET 2021 Response Sheet
AU will also release AP EDCET 2021 response sheet after exam.
The response sheet for AP EdCET is released at sche.ap.gov.in/edcet. It can be downloaded by entering the following details:
- Registration number
- EdCET hall ticket number
The response sheet basically displays the responses of the candidates that they have marked at the time of the examination. The candidates can use the response sheet and answer key to calculate the scores.
The candidates appearing for AP EdCET 2021 have to secure the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the official authority.
- There are no qualifying marks for ranking for SC / ST candidates
- There are no qualifying marks for women in Physical Sciences / Mathematics methodologies
Check the qualifying marks for other candidates given below.
|Marks to be obtained||Percentage|
|37 marks out of the total marks||25%|
AP EdCET 2021 Result
AU will declare AP EDCET 2021 result a few days after exam.
The candidates can check AP EdCET 2021 result by entering the registration number and EdCET hall ticket number.
- The candidates shall be ranked in each methodology in the order of merit on the basis of the marks obtained in AP EdCET 2021.
- The rank obtained in AP EdCET is valid for entry into B.Ed course for the academic year 2021-22 only.
- The selection of candidates and allotment of colleges will be on the basis of the rank obtained in the common entrance test.
- The rank card can be downloaded by entering the registration number, date of birth, and EdCET hall ticket number.
AP EdCET Counselling 2021
The candidates who qualify the entrance test are then, required to part in AP EdCET 2021 counselling. Check the counselling process given below.
- The candidates have to pay the counselling registration fee
- Next, report at the verification counter for certificate verification
- Then, select the colleges and courses as per your preferences
- Next, check the seat allotment
- Lastly, pay the fee, report at the college and participate in other phases of counselling (if applicable)
Check the seat reservation given below.
|Status||Percentage of reservation|
Exam Day Guidelines
The candidates are required to follow the instructions given below on the day of the examination.
- The candidates need to follow the rope queues and floor marks while standing outside the gate.
- The candidates must wear their mask at all times.
- Those candidates who have more than 99.14 degree temperature shall have to sit in the isolation lab and give the paper from there only.
- Before proceeding to enter the exam lab, the candidates must wash their hands with liquid soap.
- At the entry, the candidates shall be informed about their lab numbers.
- To avoid the crowd, the candidates shall be allotted staggered time slots.
- Photographs of the candidates will be taken at the registration desk.
- After completion of the exam, the candidates must exit in an orderly manner.
- The candidates are required to drop the admit card in the appropriate admit card box.
- A rough sheet will be provided before the starting of the exam. This sheet has to be returned after the exam is over.
- The candidates are allowed to leave the exam hall only if the invigilator allows them.
About Andhra University
Andhra University is a public university located at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. It was established in 1926. The university offers various courses in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography etc.
- The university was ranked 1001+ in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2020 and 351-400 in Asia.
- It was ranked 36th in India overall by the NIRF in 2020.
- There are 575 affiliated colleges with Andhra University.
FAQs on AP EdCET 2021
Ans. AP EdCET is conducted in the online mode.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the test for the wrong answers.
Ans. It is expected that AP EdCET 2021 will be after May 2021.
Ans. The candidates who have completed their Graduation or Post-Graduation with minimum 50% marks can apply for AP EdCET 2021.
Ans. AP EdCET is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Ans. AP EdCET 2021 is conducted for 2 hours.
Ans. The candidates need to get minimum 37 marks out of the total marks.
Ans. AP EdCET is conducted for admission into B.Ed regular course into the university, government, aided and private colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
Ans. The college is allotted according to the rank obtained by the candidates in AP EdCET 2021.
Official website – sche.ap.gov.in/EDCET/