AP ECET 2021 – Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP ECET) 2021 is a state level lateral entry exam. It is conducted by the JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), Anantapur. The purpose of the exam is to determine ranking for admission to B.Tech lateral entry admission, and lateral entry admission in B.Pharmacy programme in various government and unaided private professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) university and colleges of Andhra Pradesh state. It is for diploma holder and B.Sc degree (with Maths as one of the subjects) holder candidates. Through this exam, candidates will get admission directly in the 2nd year of B.Tech or B.Pharm degree courses. The AP ECET application form is likely to be released soon at sche.ap.gov.in. Get here complete details about AP ECET 2021 exam date, application form, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern and more.
AP ECET 2021
The AP ECET 2021 exam date, application form will be released soon by JNTU, Anantapur on the behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education).
AP ECET 2021 Exam Overview
Candidate can throughout the nature and features of the AP ECET 2021 examination from the table given below:
|Aspects of Exam||Details of Exam|
|Name of the Exam||AP ECET 2021|
|Full Form||Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Test|
|Conducting Body||JNTU, Anantapur on the behalf of AP-SCHE|
|Numbers in a Year||Once in a year|
|Level of Exam||State-Level exam|
|Offered Courses||Lateral Entry in B.Tech/ B.Pharma|
|Qualifying Eligibility Standard||Must have a diploma in relevant field or B.Sc (Mathematics as one of the subject)|
|Mode of Application||Online only|
|Application Fee & Mode||INR 550/- (regular fee)|
|Mode of Examination||Online (CBT) Mode|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45% in qualifying exam (40% for SC/ST/BC)|
|AP ECET qualifying Marks||50 marks out of a total of 200|
|No. of Questions||200 Questions|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Official Address||AP ECET – 2021, AP ECET OFFICE, JNTU Anantapur, Anantapur 515002|
|Contact Number||08554-234678(working hours – 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM)|
AP ECET 2021 Exam Date
Check the AP ECET 2021 important from the table given below:
|AP ECET 2021 Events||Dates (Expected) (as per the last year)|
|Notification of AP ECET 2021||Releasing soon|
|Commencement of Submission of Online application forms||Releasing soon|
|Last date for submission of online applications without late fee (Rs.550/-)||By the 2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 1000/-(+ Rs.550/- Registration Fee)||By the 1st week of September 2021|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||During the 2nd week of July 2021|
|Downloading of Hall-tickets||In the first week of September 2021|
|Date of AP ECET – 2021 Examination||2nd week of September 2021|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||Next day of the exam|
|Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||Within 3 days of the exam date|
|Declaration of Final Key||1st week of October 2021|
|Declaration of Results||1st week of October 2021|
|Rank Cards Downloading||2nd week of October 2021|
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, the AP ECET was postponed in the last year and accordingly some of the dates of the events were also postponed. Also, the varsity had organized the separate test for the COVID-19 positive candidates on 31 October 2020 and issued the separate admit card for them.
AP ECET 2021 Application Form
The AP ECET application form 2021 will be released shortly on the official portal of the state council of higher education at sche.ap.gov.in.
AP ECET 2021 application form is released in online mode. Candidates can fill the application form by completing the registration process.
The application process comprises entering of details like personal & qualifying exam details, qualifying and SSC hall ticket number, academic details from class 6th and onwards, caste & category, mee-Seva certificate number, scanned images and Aadhaar card number.
The scanned image of the photograph should be in .jpg or .jpeg format of 50Kb size. The scanned image of the signature should be with a black pen on white paper in .jpg or .jpeg format of 30Kb size.
AP ECET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The expected AP ECET eligibility criteria 2021 are given below:
- Nationality: The candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- Local Norms: Candidates should belong to Andhra Pradesh and should satisfy the local and non-local norms of the state.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must obtain a diploma in engineering & technology or a diploma in pharmacy from the state board of technical education, Andhra Pradesh.
Candidates must obtain a 3-year B.Sc degree with mathematics as one of the subjects from the recognized university of the Andhra Pradesh state.
- Candidates pursuing the final year of their diploma or degree are also eligible. They must have to show the pass certificate during admission.
- Percentage: Candidates should obtain an aggregate of 45% marks (40% in the case of SC/ST/BC category) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates with having a diploma in Agriculture Engineering can apply only for the agricultural engineering streams. The pattern is the same as other engineering streams.
- Candidates opting the Mechanical Engineering should carefully choose the option. Candidates used to choose Mining Engineering instead of Mechanical Engineering by mistake.
- Candidates should be given the correct and their mobile number because all communication will be communicated on the registered mobile number.
AP ECET 2021 Application Fee
The payment of the registration fee can be done online through AP Online services or Payment Gateway provided (through Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking). The application fee is Rs. 550/- for all categories. A late application form will be charged an extra 1000/- Rs. with the regular application fee.
AP ECET 2021 Application Form Correction
The JNTU will offer a one-time form correction facility to the candidates. The candidates who will commit any mistake in the application form details will be able to make the corrections in some of the specific details like personal details, academic details, qualifying exam details and scanned images.
The form correction practice can be entertained via online mode only at the official site. Candidates will be able to access the submitted application form by providing the registration number, qualifying exam hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth.
AP ECET 2021 Exam Pattern
The AP ECET 2021 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held in a CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Type & No. of Questions: The exam will consist of 200 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) types questions.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration is 3 hours.
- Language: The language of the examination is English.
- Total Marks: The exam will carry 200 total marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded. There is no negative marking.
|Sections (Subjects)||Questions (200)||Marks (200)||Remarks|
|For Engineering Diploma Holders|
|Mathematics||50||50||Common to All Branches|
|Physics||25||25||Common to All Branches|
|Chemistry||25||25||Common to All Branches|
|Engineering Paper(Civil/ Electrical & Electronics/ Mechanical/ Electronics & Communication/ Computer Science/ Chemical/ Metallurgical/ Mining/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Bio-Technology as the case may be)||100||100||Separate question paper for each Branch of Diploma Engineering|
|For BSc (Mathematics) Holders|
|For Pharmacy Diploma Holders|
|Pharmacology and Toxicology||50||50||—|
AP ECET 2021 Syllabus
The AP ECET syllabus 2021 is published with the prospectus.
- Syllabus for chemistry, physics and mathematics will be common for all diploma candidates. However, candidates having B.Sc degree will be asked a different mathematics syllabus.
- The syllabus of engineering diploma candidates will comprise the subjects as Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and one engineering subject (related to diploma subject).
- The syllabus of pharmacy diploma candidates will comprise the subjects as Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- The syllabus of Mathematics B.Sc degree candidates will comprise the Analytical ability, Communicative English and specific Mathematics.
Important topics in Chemistry
Important topics in Physics
Important topics in Mathematics
AP ECET 2021 Hall Ticket
AP ECET hall ticket 2021 will be released few days before exam.
The AP ECET 2021 admit card will be released at sche.ap.gov.in/ecet.
Candidates will be able to download the AP ECET 2021 hall ticket by providing the registration number and date of birth in the specific tabs of the admit card downloading window.
The admit card will contain the examination details and time including the personal details and photograph of the candidate.
All candidates are suggested to bring the downloaded copy of the AP ECET 2021 admit card along with the original photo ID proof to the exam centre.
AP ECET 2021 Answer Key
Check AP ECET answer key 2021 after exam.
The varsity will release the preliminary answer key on the next day of the exam. Candidates will be able to object to the answer key if any within the three days of the exam. The final answer key and the AP ECET 2021 result will be released in the first week of October 2021.
AP ECET 2021 Result
The AP ECET result 2021 will be announced after exam.
The AP ECET 2021 result will be available on the official site and will be downloaded by entering the registration number and ECET hall ticket number.
There will be a provision of qualifying marks in the ECET exam. Candidates belonging to the unreserved category will have to get a minimum of 50 marks out of the 200 marks to secure a rank in the examination.
After the release of the AP ECET result, the varsity will also release the AP ECET 2021 Rank Card for the eligible candidates.
The rank card will be released also at the official site and can be downloaded by entering the registration number, ECET hall ticket number and date of birth in dd/mm/yyyy format.
Through the AP ECET score and rank, candidates will get admission into the 2nd-year lateral entry B.Tech programme in various engineering branch and lateral entry B.Pharma courses. The engineering branches including codes are given below:
FAQs on AP ECET 2021
Ans: JNTU, Anantapur conducts the AP ECET exam on the behalf of APSCHE.
Ans: The application form will be released soon. Last year it was released in March 2020.
Ans: The application fee is Rs. 550/- for all aspirants.
Ans: There will be 200 MCQs in the exam?
Ans: No, there is no provision for the negative marking.
Ans: The exam will be organized in CBT mode.