AILET 2021 Syllabus – To crack the All India Law Entrance Test conducted by NLU Delhi, students should first of all know the syllabus. The syllabus of AILET 2021 specifies all the topics from which questions will be asked in the entrance exam. Remember that the AILET 2021 exam will be held for admission to only 110, 70, 13 seats for BA LLB (Hons.), LLM, Ph.D respectively. Hence, competition in the exam is fairly high in the exam and this is why it becomes important to be aware of the topics from which questions are usually framed in the exam. Check the course-wise AILET 2021 syllabus given below.
AILET 2021 Syllabus
NLU Delhi has only given the subjects from which questions will be asked in the exam. It has not provided any specific list of topics under the subjects. However, paper experts have listed topics for AILET syllabus on the basis of the analysis of past year papers. We have given the same in this page. You can read it all and also download it as pdf.
If you are planning to apply for AILET 2021 and take the test then you can also check AILET 2021 syllabus from below.
AILET Syllabus 2021 for English
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spotting errors
- Sentence Correction
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Parts of Speech
- Sentence Re-arrangement
- Choose the appropriate words
- Figures of Speech
AILET Syllabus 2021 for Legal Aptitude
- Criminal Law
- Law of Reasoning
- Important Bills / Amendments
- Supreme Court / High Court Updates
- Other Legal Current Affairs
AILET Syllabus 2021 for Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical Operations
- Statement & Conclusion
- Coding & Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Clock and Calendar
- Courses of Action
- Cause & Effect
- Direction Sense Test
- Assertion & Reason
AILET Syllabus 2021 for Elementary Mathematics
- Number Series
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Surface, Area and Volume
- Ratio & Proportion
AILET Syllabus 2021 for General Knowledge
- International News (International Treaties, Country-Specific)
- National News
- National and International Survey
- Indian Geography
- Famous Personalities
- General Science
- Social Studies
- UN Bodies
AILET Syllabus 2021 for LLM
In case of LLM, the syllabus comprises of the topics from all major subjects of law like:
- Law of Contract
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- International Law
AILET 2021 Syllabus for Ph.D
Check the syllabus given below for Ph.D
- 50% of the questions are asked from Research Methodology
- Remaining 50% of the questions are asked from different areas of law like Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Tort, Corporate Law, Jurisprudence, International Law etc.
AILET Exam Pattern 2021
Apart from knowing the exam pattern of AILET 2021, candidates should also know the exam pattern. It is as follows:
Mode of examination: As of now, AILET will be held in offline mode. However, it has been specified in the official notification that the mode of the examination is subject to revision.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes
- The test consists of multiple-choice questions
- For each correct answer, 01 marks are awarded
- 0.25 marks are deducted in case of the incorrect answers
5 year BA LLB (Hons.) Distribution of Questions
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10|
Exam Pattern for Ph.D
- The duration of the test is 1 hour 30 minutes
- There are 100 multiple-choice questions in the test
- The total marks of the test is 100
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong question
- Questions are mainly related to Research Methodology and other subject areas of Law.
AILET Previous Year Question Papers
The candidates can practice previous year question papers of AILET to know what type of questions have been coming in the exam over the years.
By having a look at the question papers, the candidates can get to know about the difficulty level of questions. Download AILET previous year question papers given below.
|2019||Click here to download|
|2018||Click here to download|
|2017||Click here to download|
|2016||Click here to download|
|2015||Click here to download|
|2014||Click here to download|
|2013||Click here to download|
AILET 2021 Mock Test
We have given the link to AILET 2021 mock test below. By giving mock test, the candidates shall get to know about the basic of an exam such as type of questions asked in the exam.
Also, by giving mock test, the candidates can learn the time-management technique required at the time of the examination.
Click Here to solve AILET Mock Test.
Books Recommended for the Preparation of AILET 2021
The candidates can refer the books given below to prepare for AILET 2021
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Buy Here|
|Panorama Year Book Volume-1 2020||Buy Here|
|Panorama Year Book 2020||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Buy Here|
|NCERT Solutions – Mathematics for Class X||Buy Here|
|Guide to LL.B. Entrance Examination 2020-21||Buy Here|
|Constitution of India Bare Act with Short Notes||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy Here|
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
Some Preparation Tips for AILET 2021
Apart from knowing the syllabus and exam pattern, the candidates must know some tips and tricks to score better in the exam. Check the preparation tips for AILET 2021 given below.
- To attempt this section, make sure while preparing you read a lot
- Try to read the newspaper on a daily basis
- Also, brush up the previously studied grammar concepts
- Try to practice at least 2-3 comprehension passages in a day
- Build your vocabulary by reading new words and phrases
- For this section, improve your legal jargons, legal terms
- Read about the legal issues from the last 10-12 months
- Go through the landmark judgments and important cases of the last year
- To score well in the section, understand the concepts of Elementary Mathematics properly
- Also, practice more and more questions to get a strong hold of the concepts
- To prepare for this section, first and foremost thing, you have to do is to stay aware of what is happening around you
- Read the newspapers daily. Pick the good newspaper dailies and go through them
- You can also refer the books available online to know about the latest or some important event.
Frequently Asked Questions on AILET 2021 Syllabus
Ans. No, NLU Delhi does not release the official syllabus for AILET. However, it specifies the major topics from which questions are asked in the exam.
Ans. The major topics from which questions are framed in GK section are General Science, Geography, Economics, Civics, History, Current Affairs.
Ans. The questions are asked from the major subjects of law like Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Contract, Jurisprudence, Law of Tort and International Law etc.