Here is the AILET 2021 preparation guide. All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is the only entrance exam to get admission in NLU Delhi. Through the all India level entrance exam, students can admission in BA LLB (Hons.) 5 year, LLM, and Ph.D course. Around 18,000-20,000 candidates appear for AILET every year. Though the number of aspirants is not huge but so is the number of seats as well. NLU-D only offers, around 110 seats in BA LLB (Hons.), 70 seats in LLM, and 13 seats in Ph.D. This makes the competition stiff and what makes it stiffer is the time limit of 90 minutes.
Hence, students need a good preparation strategy to crack AILET 2021 exam. So we have given few important general tips, section-wise tips, and more for AILET 2021 preparations. Along with the preparation tips, we have also specified the syllabus and best books for AILET. Scroll down and know how to prepare for AILET 2021.
Important: AILET 2021 Application Form
AILET 2021 Preparation
AILET 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for AILET 2021.
For BA LLB (Hons.) Programme and LLM
The candidates are given 1 hour 30 minutes to complete the test. AILET has total 150 multiple-choice questions. Each question is of 01 marks and there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Distribution of questions
|Subject Areas||Marks Distribution|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10|
In LLM the questions are asked from all major subjects of law like Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Contract, Law of Tort and International Law etc.
Ph.D Exam Pattern
The exam for Ph.D comprises of 100 multiple-choice questions. To complete the test, the candidates are given 1 hour 30 minutes. The maximum marks of the test is also 100.
AILET 2021 Syllabus
To start with the preparation of the examination, it is of utmost importance that candidates must be aware of the syllabus. Since there is no defined syllabus AILET 2021, we have complied syllabus provided experts. You can check below.
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Poetic Devices
- Sentence Correction
- Figures of Speech
- Choose the appropriate words
- Mathematical Operations
- Blood Relations
- Assertion & Reason
- Coding and Decoding
- Clock and Calendar
- Courses of Action
- Cause & Effect
- Statement & Conclusion
- Important Bills / Amendments
- Updates about Supreme Court / High Court
- Legal Current Affairs
- General Science
- Famous Personalities
- International News
- National and International Survey
- UN Constitution
- National News
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Number Series
- Profit & Loss
- Time, Distance and Speed
- Surface, Area and Volume
- Simple and Compound Interest
AILET Syllabus 2021 for LLM
- Law of Tort
- Law of Contracts
- Constitutional Law
- International Law
- Criminal Law
AILET Syllabus for Ph.D
- 50% of the questions are related to Research Methodology and the remaining 50% of the questions are asked from major subject areas of law such as Law of Tort, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Corporate Law, Law of Contract and International Law etc.
Books to Prepare for AILET 2021
Given below are some books that can be referred by the candidates appearing for AILET 2021.
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy Here|
|S Chand’s Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Buy Here|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||Buy Here|
|Kiran’s SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics||Buy Here|
|Manorama Year Book 2021 With Arihant GK 2021||Buy Here|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2020||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning 2020||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude & Reasoning for AILET Exams||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Other Reference Books|
|AILET 2021 : Chapter Wise Solved Papers 2008-2020||Buy Here|
|AILET(ALL India Law Entrance Test) Law Entrance Exam Books||Buy Here|
Previous Year Question Papers of AILET
To prepare for AILET, it is important to solve previous year question papers. By doing so, the candidates get to know about the difficulty level of questions, type of questions, weightage of topics etc. Check the previous year question papers of AILET given below.
|2020||Download Here (BA LLB – Hons.)|
|2020||Download Here (LLM)|
|2020||Download Here (Ph.D)|
AILET 2021 Sample Papers
By solving AILET sample papers, the candidates can get to know the exam pattern and the type of questions that are asked in the examination.
Some other benefits are:
- By solving the sample papers, the candidates can get to know about their weak points.
- Solving more and more sample papers will also help the candidates in increasing the accuracy and speed level when it comes to solving the questions in the future.
How to Prepare for AILET 2021? – Tips You Should Know!
To prepare for AILET 2021, firstly make sure that you know and follow these:
Know the Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Before starting with the preparation, analyze the syllabus of AILET 2021 properly. Note down the important topics after checking the syllabus. Also, get familiar with the exam pattern. By checking the exam pattern, one will get to know about the type of questions asked in the exam, duration of the exam, marking scheme etc.
Be a Master in Managing Time: Time Management is the most important factor when it comes to clearing AILET. If you are good at time management skills, then 50% of your preparation strategy is perfect. AILET Exam is divided into various sections which have to completed in 90 minutes. So, practice previous year question papers and set a timer while solving them. In this way, you will learn about the time-management technique.
Make Short Notes or Flashcards: Short notes and Flashcards help to memorize all the important points and basic formulas that you tend to forget. So, while preparing make the short notes.
Refer Good Study Materials and Books: For the preparation of the exam, stick to 2-3 books only. Do not refer too many books as this might lead to confusion. We have given a complete list of all the good books for AILET below.
Read News Papers and Current Affair Modules: When you are preparing for the current affairs of AILET 2021, reading newspapers and about various latest events are very important. So, make a habit of reading the newspaper daily.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Another important technique to clear AILET is to solve its previous years question papers. This helps the candidates to get an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam. With the help of the old exam papers, you will get to know the marking scheme and difficulty level of the exam as well. Use the answer key AILET with the questions paper to analyse your performance.
Take Mock Tests Regularly: If you want to know about how well your preparation is going on, then test it through the Mock Tests. The Mock Tests are available online for free of cost. You can take these mock tests every day. There are a lot of benefits to taking the mock tests, such as it improves your time-management skills, enhances your speed in giving answers, and many more.
Revise Everything- Brush From the Core: Keep at least a month for revision. Revise the basic concepts once again.
Eat Healthy and Maintain a Good Health Care Routine: While studying, make sure to take good care of your health. Eat healthy and take a sufficient amount of sleep. This will help your brain to exercise. Take breaks while studying. Go for walks, listen to music, and read good books.
AILET 2021 Section-Wise Preparation Strategy
As there are various sections in AILET, hence it is important to know the tips and tricks to prepare for each section. Check the preparation tips given below.
- The estimated time to finish this section is 21 minutes.
- Make your vocabulary strong, learn new words daily.
- Focus on the grammatical rules.
- Most of the questions are based on principles and facts. Candidates must answer the questions based on legal principles and facts, not assumptions.
- Try to memorize the important Constitutional Articles.
- Practice the mock tests and previous year question paper to know what type of questions in the exam.
- A total of 35 questions (Objective-Based) are asked in this section.
- Make sure to complete the section within 21 minutes.
- Read newspapers regularly. Check for the latest updates, and events happening all around the world.
- Some of the major topics to prepare are- Sports, Awards, History, Art, and Culture, Books, Geography, National and International Events, Organization, and People, Economy, and Government Policy.
Elementary Mathematics Preparation
- This section contains 10 objective-based questions.
- Learn all the basic concepts and formulas.
- Practice as much as you can. Solve at least 5 to 10 questions from important topics regularly.
- Take regular mock tests to improve time management skills.
Logical Reasoning Preparation Tips
- This section tests the ability to understand logical links and identify patterns.
- Solve Puzzle-Based Questions to improve your brain game.
- Focus on the following topics- Critical and Verbal Reasoning, Analogies and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, etc.
AILET 2021 Preparation Tips – As per Previous Years Toppers
Check some preparation tips for AILET 2021 as stated by previous year toppers.
AILET 2019 Topper – Agam Aggarwal
- To be fully prepared, make sure to practice the previous year question papers
- Try to attempt GK section first
- Then, you can go to English section. After solving English section, go onto other sections
- For current affairs, refer The Hindu newspaper
- Mock tests are extremely helpful when it comes to preparation. So, make sure you give a lot of mocks while preparing for the exam
- Stay updates with the legal news especially
- Observe the news related to the Parliament, Supreme Court, High Courts etc
- For English section, do not forget to read about Figures of Speech and Poetic Devices
According to the AILET Topper 2019, Miss Naomi Manoj– “There is no fixed syllabus in the AILET Exam which is quite difficult to step in.” Therefore, she joined a coaching institute. She recommended focusing on the following things-
- Focus on the speed of attempting questions. To increase the speed to solve questions, take as many mock tests as you can
- Make your English Vocabulary strong
- Stay updated with the current affairs
- Make your foundation in Maths strong
- Watch Youtube Study Tutorials as well
So, these are the complete details of the AILET Exam Tips and Strategies. If you have any questions then please comment below.